Quarantine required if arriving by air to Khon Kaen

Onrai

I have a flight May 3 Phuket-Bangkok-Khon Kaen. I have read Chiang Mai police are requiring passengers arriving by air to self quarantine for 14 days at one of three hotels. Does anyone have current information on Khon Kaen Airport? As of last week there was no mandatory quarantine for arriving passengers. Specifically can I fly without getting stopped at the airport for a 14 day quarantine?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Onrai said:

I have read Chiang Mai police are requiring passengers arriving by air to self quarantine for 14 days at one of three hotels.

Where did you read this? Without a link to the source, your post is an uncorroborated rumour.

• Like 1

Why would you be concerned about whats happening in Chiang Mai if you are going to Khon kaen ?  And yes its possible as it is in many provinces that when you arrive from out of province that you are asked to self quarantine for 14 days. That does not mean you will have to go anywhere it "self" quarantine may be required in Khon Jaen, check with Khon Kaen Amphur for clarification.

i'm confused with the quarantine after you have been in the country for a few weeks.  OK, off the plane, quarantine, fine.  from another country, OK.  But besides that....i don't get it.

after quarantine, you will go near people who have NOT quarantined.  so then what?  quarantine again? since everyone hasn't been PROPERLY tested, all this quarantine stuff makes no sense once you are in the country.  

Hey, I just walked to close to someone not wearing a mask.   OK, quarantine.  got on a bus.  ok, quarantine.  baht bus, ok quarantine.  sporting event, ok quarantine.  

but there will be problems for those who have to go to Laos to get a visa.  Then we might have lots of quarantines......crazy.  

2 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

i'm confused with the quarantine after you have been in the country for a few weeks.  OK, off the plane, quarantine, fine.  from another country, OK.  But besides that....i don't get it.

after quarantine, you will go near people who have NOT quarantined.  so then what?  quarantine again? since everyone hasn't been PROPERLY tested, all this quarantine stuff makes no sense once you are in the country.  

Hey, I just walked to close to someone not wearing a mask.   OK, quarantine.  got on a bus.  ok, quarantine.  baht bus, ok quarantine.  sporting event, ok quarantine.  

but there will be problems for those who have to go to Laos to get a visa.  Then we might have lots of quarantines......crazy.  

Its usually applicable inter province, like all those workers from Bangkok who went home to the provinces and took the virus with them.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Where did you read this? Without a link to the source, your post is an uncorroborated rumour.

It was an article inThe Thaiger last week. 

978FA232-4A7A-44D2-A6A9-272A0A917790.png

Edited by Onrai
Full article posted in Thai forum late last week.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why would you be concerned about whats happening in Chiang Mai if you are going to Khon kaen ?  And yes its possible as it is in many provinces that when you arrive from out of province that you are asked to self quarantine for 14 days. That does not mean you will have to go anywhere it "self" quarantine may be required in Khon Jaen, check with Khon Kaen Amphur for clarification.

Well geez if it is happening in Chiang Mai another district, another governor, may follow suite and implement the same in Khon Kaen. Buriram is also requiring a blue sticker on your identification that will be removed if you leave the district. Upon returning you are required to go into 14 day quarantine. Source the Thaiger article last week. 

So it doesn’t take a great leap of faith to wonder if quarantine is mandatory in Chiang Mai and Buriram provinces it might be as well in Khon Kaen. Thanks for absolutely no useful information other than your opinion which is meaningless.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Onrai said:

Well geez if it is happening in Chiang Mai another district, another governor, may follow suite and implement the same in Khon Kaen. Buriram is also requiring a blue sticker on your identification that will be removed if you leave the district. Upon returning you are required to go into 14 day quarantine. Source the Thaiger article last week. 

So it doesn’t take a great leap of faith to wonder if quarantine is mandatory in Chiang Mai and Buriram provinces it might be as well in Khon Kaen. Thanks for absolutely no useful information other than your opinion which is meaningless.

Thanks for the flame but what happens in one district is not neccesarily going to happen in another as anyone who has lived here any length of time knows all too well. You were advised to contact the local amphur where you could get accurate relevant information, I would hardly call that useless info !.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Thanks for the flame but what happens in one district is not neccesarily going to happen in another as anyone who has lived here any length of time knows all too well. You were advised to contact the local amphur where you could get accurate relevant information, I would hardly call that useless info

Great. What happens in one district is not necessarily going to happen in another. That is obvious. In conclusion, you don’t know, and your advise is to contact the Amphur.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Onrai said:

Great. What happens in one district is not necessarily going to happen in another. That is obvious. In conclusion, you don’t know, and your advise is to contact the Amphur.

welcome to the forum. 

I'm Doc Holiday and this here is Wyatt Earp. 

9 hours ago, fourpack said:

All I can add is workers arriving back from the south were told to self quarantine here in Khon Kaen. We will never know if they did or not. 

Ok. Thanks for the info. Flights canceled out of Phuket so I can’t make it off the island and back to Khon Kaen until the 17th of May.