Thailand could allow alcohol sales for two days before new ban is enforced

webfact

1 minute ago, Magenta408 said:

What's all the fuss about. I have been going to Macro on a regular basis and buying a couple of jugs of blue alcohol which I put in the fridge and come happy hour, I drop an olive and have a good time. 

as long it is ethylalcohol, not so big problem, but I always learn, Methylalcohol, with the M from murder is danger.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

as long it is ethylalcohol, not so big problem, but I always learn, Methylalcohol, with the M from murder is danger.

YES    METHYL alcohol METHYLATED  spirits is toxic.  Can cause blindness and it is toxic.  That is the blue alcohol sold.  ETHYL alcohol is the alcohol in beer and wine and spirits, and unless you have a licence you cannot buy 99.9% ETHYL alcohol.  Whisky, gin, vodka etc. is only 40% alcohol.  P.S. The METHYLATED  spirits is only blue because they put a dye in it.  ( I worked in chemistry for 30 years and there is a BIG difference in METHYL alcohol and ETHYL alcohol)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, elliss said:

As old papa said.  Never trust a man who does not like a drink .

No shortage of them here ...

yep, and don't trust people with zero sun tan, too, or people with no vowels in their names.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

What's all the fuss about. I have been going to Macro on a regular basis and buying a couple of jugs of blue alcohol which I put in the fridge and come happy hour, I drop an olive and have a good time. 

I didn't know they sold anti freeze in Makro.

However that said , i will adding a few more olives ..

Edited by elliss

Talking about alcohal ban, how much longer before international flights are

available again, I miss the great red wine I get to drink enroute.

Glad that in Canada there are no booze bans. We may even open up a few

things starting in May, however some one in Calgary got a 1200 Canadian dollar fine

for being to close to someone else, so if you come here for a visit, brings lot of credit cards

and cash.

Geezer

17 hours ago, robblok said:

There is no sense in this you either extend the ban and not allow people to stock up so you get your goal of people having no alcohol to party or you don't ban it al. Because everyone with half a brain will stock up and make the ban useless. 98 hurt 

So do one of the two.. ban alcohol and not give people time to stock up or not ban it at all. 

Mr Chang and Dr Singh are angry with someone. Guess who... 

22 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Thailand needs a 2-day re-opening of girly bars and massage parlors.  

Too many of you here sorely need to have something banged besides your own heads!

Someone told me girls were available everywhere and bargains galore. Just look around

Keeping your distance is the message constantly heard and read. Alcohol could bring people to forget that warning of close contact.

But I saw a new and innovative  way of keeping your distance in Hat Yai the other day. While driving through the city streets I saw 500 metre line of people queuing up to get free bags of food each person with one arm outstretched to rest on the shoulders of the person in front. This was being supervised by local police and security hotel staff.

Presumably if only one of that lineup had the virus it would have been passed along to all. Clever thinking.

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Someone told me girls were available everywhere and bargains galore. Just look around

It's true, I see one make a post on FB the other day the only problem is she has gone back to Nakorn Nowhere so I couldn't help her out

30 minutes ago, Nemises said:

IF they do allow alcohol sales tomorrow and Sunday, what’s the earliest time you’re allowed to rock up and buy it? Still 11am or was that recently changed?

Yes 11am - 2pm / 5pm - 11pm at the big stores. Mom n pop shops anytime.

• Thanks 1

I received an email from the large Liquor store in Sarahkam this morning, they will be open for business at 0900 tomorrow morning, i reserved a case of jim beam and 2 cases of litre blend.   i will be good through the summer.

From the photo, it seems only Women are que-ing up to buy alcohol. ????????

Now - the will Absurd Edict dictate we can Only buy Alcohol from 11am to 2 pm,

making SURE it will be REAL pandemonium at the liquor aisles.

Stocks sold out in Minutes - just watch.

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Be prepared for some bad news today guys this lockdown is to continue no 2 day break and booze ban also

Yes, I had a Thai telling me that this doctor on The Nation, giving the daily briefings, said there will (or should?) be no 1 or 2 days break on booze.

Let's see.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, I had a Thai telling me that this doctor on The Nation, giving the daily briefings, said there will (or should?) be no 1 or 2 days break on booze.

Let's see.

My wife just told me this morning that was on the news late last night but I cant find a link to it, sure it will come out later

I may be just thick (ideal criteria for a government post here) but why can't these idiots make a decision in advance, pass it as legislation so we all know, in advance, what's happening and plan accordingly. How hard would it be to say "this is what is going to happen." rather than "This is what MIGHT happen." Then wait until 23:59 the day before to make a different announcement. Also, so far 2 provinces have said the 2 day of alcohol sales will not be happening. So, if they can do that can't they equally say "Screw the ban, sales are on as normal."? That would avoid panic buying and breaches of social distancing in stores, win, win surely?

• Like 1