BANGKOK
Pravda

Bangkok Air Pollution 2020

For comparison and because of solidarity

Today Bangkok yellow and orange, e.g.

image.png.69a82b6cf1f871c1f13ef4ed862d35cc.png

Chiang Mai is top. - NakornPing Hosp.

image.png.5fa37a9b53d6842cf55b18c65d19cf9e.png

image.png.4dfa0530547bda225675c8858fa05b5b.png  image.png.d661162c01aebdbb1ee4ca4b0db53784.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yom said:

For comparison and because of solidarity

Today Bangkok yellow and orange, e.g.

image.png.69a82b6cf1f871c1f13ef4ed862d35cc.png

Chiang Mai is top. - NakornPing Hosp.

image.png.5fa37a9b53d6842cf55b18c65d19cf9e.png

image.png.4dfa0530547bda225675c8858fa05b5b.png  image.png.d661162c01aebdbb1ee4ca4b0db53784.png

Ventusky is completely blind to this - why is not their alleged computer model taking in the RTAQ data?

It's also not showing Bangkok's yellow and orange levels either.

Check Ventusky PM2.5 Chiang Mai HERE

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Ventusky is completely blind to this

I think not only Ventusky !?

We all are dependent on different machines/programs.

Sounds stupid, but the only real thing might be to have

2 PM2.5-monitors...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yom said:

PM2.5-monitors...

FYI about PM2.5 meters.  The Sndway meter is popular and accurate (at least with my tests).

Here is a less expensive unit that looks to be the same: https://bit.ly/3aFjHqm  Two friends ordered these a few weeks ago and both orders got cancelled b/c of Covid.

Low Cost PM Meter.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveInSukhumvit said:

FYI about PM2.5 meters.  The Sndway meter is popular and accurate (at least with my tests).

Here is a less expensive unit that looks to be the same: https://bit.ly/3aFjHqm  Two friends ordered these a few weeks ago and both orders got cancelled b/c of Covid.

Low Cost PM Meter.JPG

It seems to lack temperature and humidity measurements which at times can be handy.

Looks like a Chinese knockoff of a chine product. Maybe best avoided.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

It seems to lack temperature and humidity measurements which at times can be handy.

Looks like a Chinese knockoff of a chine product. Maybe best avoided.

Good point about missing Temp and Humidity (included on Sndway unit).

If somebody does get one, please post your comments.  I felt that Sndway was risky until it arrived and the numbers matched with other meters (mine, and friends).  IMO, if you can get just PM2.5 for THB 664 that could be a good value.  I had to take my meter into the shower to see a RH spike - sane people don't do that. 🙄

Pollution back with a vengeance today.  Sndway measuring PM2.5 85 - 115 (AQI166-181) around 12:30pm in Sukhumvit Phrom Phong area

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Pollution back with a vengeance today.  Sndway measuring PM2.5 85 - 115 (AQI166-181) around 12:30pm in Sukhumvit Phrom Phong area

Is that a home reading, or an outdoors/street reading?

My Sndway unit indoors at home in the Asoke area, well away from traffic, has been in the 45 to 50 micrograms range all day, which equates to an AQI of 124 to 137.  But it looks like most of the sensors in the area as reported by AirVisual are reading AQIs in the 150 range right now.

In all cases, those readings are well below the ones you're reporting.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is that a home reading, or an outdoors/street reading?

My Sndway unit indoors at home in the Asoke area, well away from traffic, has been in the 45 to 50 micrograms range all day, which equates to an AQI of 124 to 137.  But it looks like most of the sensors in the area as reported by AirVisual are reading AQIs in the 150 range right now.

In all cases, those readings are well below the ones you're reporting.

That was outdoor / street.  I use indoor air purifiers so don't get indoor readings like that.  I'll be out later this evening to see what its reading then.   From AQI Bangkok 2pm:

image.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry, but that's simply not true. The reality is, it's BOTH agricultural and other types of burning and vehicle emissions in BKK...  And the mix, greater or lower, depends on the time of the year.

Thai scientists have actually done analysis/studies on the constituent makeup of smog/PM2.5 in BKK.... During the rainy season, it's more heavily weighted to vehicle emissions. But during the dry season, when more burning is occurring, it's more heavily weighted to agricultural and other burning.

Both sources are significant contributors to PM2.5 pollution in BKK, but the relative mix varies depending on the time of the year.

The point is, the Millions of house waste burner behind the house. They burn everything. So, how the Thai did over century. But the modern Thai burn even all the plastic and other <deleted>. This, on low Temperature produces a very good cocktail of very poison and cancer-generous gas like Dioxin (Seveso). No wonder about the high rate of Liver cancer due to Dioxin goes into the liver. People might think it comes from the alcohol. Maybe right, that comes on top and explain the higher rate to men. After our great government and on top off all our wonderful managing Khun Anutin can catch the Corvid issue, I hope they will have more time on focus for the air pollution. I was not good in mathematics 😉 but the dead cases are much higher from the environmental impact than from Corvid.

I wonder how these responsible guys can live in that situation. Is it dumbness or ignorance?   

33 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

The point is, the Millions of house waste burner behind the house. They burn everything. So, how the Thai did over century. But the modern Thai burn even all the plastic and other <deleted>. This, on low Temperature produces a very good cocktail of very poison and cancer-generous gas like Dioxin (Seveso). No wonder about the high rate of Liver cancer due to Dioxin goes into the liver. People might think it comes from the alcohol. Maybe right, that comes on top and explain the higher rate to men. After our great government and on top off all our wonderful managing Khun Anutin can catch the Corvid issue, I hope they will have more time on focus for the air pollution. I was not good in mathematics 😉 but the dead cases are much higher from the environmental impact than from Corvid.

I wonder how these responsible guys can live in that situation. Is it dumbness or ignorance?   

Both.

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Both

... and greed.

Btw, Bangkok is pretty good these days.

Have a look up north.

image.png.106a2383d21cfc65836c4978a8fec409.png

image.png.0de1ae5a6d99a4e16b78cac602aae956.png

4 hours ago, Yom said:

... and greed.

Btw, Bangkok is pretty good these days.

Have a look up north.

image.png.106a2383d21cfc65836c4978a8fec409.png

image.png.0de1ae5a6d99a4e16b78cac602aae956.png

Eeeeeeeeuw! I could have gone all day without seeing that. Are you up there (I hope not).

BTW, what site is that first image from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

what site is that first image from

http://berkeleyearth.org/air-pollution-overview/

Yes, but since two or three days we're lucky being in Phrae.

The d!rt starts at Lampang, ending / beginning

up north somewhere in the Shan States.

Very bad for humans (and animals/plants?) in the CM/Cr area.

• Thanks 1

An off topic post about vegetables in Pattaya has been removed.