Any reports of Pattaya police going rogue???

KhunFred

A female friend (non-bargirl) tells me that Pattaya police are shaking down everyone they can, even OUTSIDE the curfew hours. My previous information was that before ten at night, there should be no police hassles. Her information seems to contradict that. Her English is not good enough for me to get more information. Has anyone had any problems with the police outside curfew hours??

Problem #1.......The police are poorly paid in Thailand

Problem #2.......The police are use to living pretty high on the hog because of all the gray businesses in Pattaya....

Problem #3......All the grey businesses are now shut down......

So I would not be surprised if what the OP spoke of became more common...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In what part of Pattaya your friend lives ?

I ride in Pattaya everyday day and i not see any police check point

in the city (They are all on sukkumvit road)

Even most of the small police boxes at the crossroads

usualy maned, are now empty.

Did her complain to you about the police harassment was join to a fund demand ?

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

In what part of Pattaya your friend lives ?

I ride in Pattaya everyday day and i not see any police check point

in the city (They are all on sukkumvit road)

Even most of the small police boxes at the crossroads

usualy maned, are now empty.

Did her complain to you about the police harassment was join to a fund demand ?

We are in Jomtien. Her complaint was not part of a plea for funds but rather a warning.

It's only a matter of time before there are incidents of violence. I only go out to buy food during non-curfew hours. I have no idea what I would do if confronted by a policeman demanding I pay them three thousand baht to stay out of jail. According to this woman, they are even bothering Thai people. Not a reassuring situation.

19 hours ago, kinyara said:

Your second post KhunFred sounds more like a case of paranoia. Until we start getting actual personal reports on here I'm not inclined to believe it. 

It is not MY "paranoia". I was merely reporting what my female friend claims to be fact. I have no personal experience.

7 hours ago, KhunFred said:

It is not MY "paranoia". I was merely reporting what my female friend claims to be fact. I have no personal experience.

Unfortunately quoting your "femail friend,s" claim has made you look rather silly on here...and yes it does appear from your replies that "paranoi" has taken over with you....no one else here has experienced what you have posted...is it time to give it a rest Fred?

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, kinyara said:

Sounds like utter <deleted>, I've been doing a little drive around Pattaya/Jomtien daily surveying the general situation for the last month and if anything the police are more noticeable by their absence than their presence. I was actually wondering where they were all hiding. I don't think I just got lucky. 

Your second post KhunFred sounds more like a case of paranoia. Until we start getting actual personal reports on here I'm not inclined to believe it. 

same here. not seen any police for days around Pratumnak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Here's a report of the Pattaya Police clearly gone rogue:

A witness said these guys were playing ''cat and mouse'' game with the police

then at the end they lose. it's not clever to make the police here lose face in

public particularly if you are out of the law.

I go everyday on beach road for a walk, sometimes police ask me (And the others people)

nicely to move on the other side of the road, i do it immediately, i don't even try to argue

or discuss and never have a problem, 

You can see on the photo the foreigners were thinking they could discuss the police order

and try to be right and be smarter than the Thais at the end, very bad idea in my humble opinion