Art in Paradise Chiang Mai is no longer

piewarmer

It was a fun concept but the lighting was so bad - all they had to do was diffuse the light, but instead almost every good photo would have a reflection of the overhead light bulbs in it which destroyed the effect. That totally ruined the place for me and my friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clokwise said:

It was a fun concept but the lighting was so bad - all they had to do was diffuse the light, but instead almost every good photo would have a reflection of the overhead light bulbs in it which destroyed the effect. That totally ruined the place for me and my friends.

Really? I think just the opposite as I have a folder full of great pics I took while visiting there. Perhaps you need to upgrade your Nokia flip-phone camera? ????

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Really? I think just the opposite as I have a folder full of great pics I took while visiting there. Perhaps you need to upgrade your Nokia flip-phone camera? ????

What kind of person would choose to gleefully insult another person with whom they disagree with? Was that necessary? I'm glad you got some good pics, and there certainly were some exhibits that worked well, but many of them did not. BTW, there's literally hundreds of examples of their crappy overhead lighting if you search IG. Here's just a couple examples from their own IG account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/8XouDUwx6O/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/5g1G7ywx2m/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

• Like 2

You can probably make a list of things that can't survive without tourists. 

The canteen on the Maejo Road up from Theppanya Hospital was there for the sole purpose of feeding Chinese on tour buses. About three weeks ago it not only closed, but the building is for rent. That means a total disruption in the tour business. Without a place to feed traveling tour-bus tourists, travel companies will have to start from near scratch when the madness ends. 

24 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

You can probably make a list of things that can't survive without tourists. 

The canteen on the Maejo Road up from Theppanya Hospital was there for the sole purpose of feeding Chinese on tour buses. About three weeks ago it not only closed, but the building is for rent. That means a total disruption in the tour business. Without a place to feed traveling tour-bus tourists, travel companies will have to start from near scratch when the madness ends. 

And still no word of easing the restrictions in Chiang Mai?

Or are the ptb going to extend them like Lampang?

On 4/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, clokwise said:

What kind of person would choose to gleefully insult another person with whom they disagree with? Was that necessary? I'm glad you got some good pics, and there certainly were some exhibits that worked well, but many of them did not. BTW, there's literally hundreds of examples of their crappy overhead lighting if you search IG. Here's just a couple examples from their own IG account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/8XouDUwx6O/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/5g1G7ywx2m/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

So sorry if I hurt your feelers. I was merely trying to say I enjoyed the museum, I disagreed with your assessment, and I was trying to inform you to get a better camera (if needed). Although a hint: focus your camera on the display and the person rather than up at the lighting.

With being in there for about 4 hrs and seeing every exhibit we took hundreds of pics. I would have to say that probably 90% or more turned out excellent and we were using the cameras from our cheapa$$ Samsung phones that are probably 7 years old.

Here's just a few to show what I mean:

9.jpg.59da6d49fc55997bd733b9e5f007d78c.jpg8.jpg.5a9a518d923237be15ea822d0b521a32.jpg7.jpg.568ffa712fec389550baa3386f59fed2.jpg6.jpg.c82adeae25fede7cc016c7b964b962d9.jpg5.jpg.19573f64c3560b87d1176e678241e8c2.jpg4.thumb.jpg.2f24c9f3c4f161e267aaf80c3a50a709.jpg3.jpg.cab6a8f7aa4e74a4c567978d27a48299.jpg2.jpg.6a36962aedb9bcea16f125d1c3442a49.jpg1.jpg.ad2b29df7c48e0d034794d1f4866c51c.jpg15.thumb.jpg.c6aa19c17f6b839f3e3e9eaf37d33903.jpg14.thumb.jpg.9fe4c975f8b272da448b25e81d30494b.jpg13.jpg.648032668fc99eedba1a888d05b5c586.jpg12.thumb.jpg.fa75fad4a590461d9dabfa6a0eab0acc.jpg11.jpg.4487a03fcb1800059f008a4f97e6c6e5.jpg10.thumb.jpg.8f95e97b604099bb0f5cb216d277ba66.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Here's just a few to show what I mean:

You can see the glare from the lighting in a lot of them.

Same as going to CMU Art - direct - not diffused - light makes for poor fotos compared to a gallery with proper lighting

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

You can see the glare from the lighting in a lot of them.

Same as going to CMU Art - direct - not diffused - light makes for poor fotos compared to a gallery with proper lighting

Yeah and when I visit the zoo the surrounding air stinks... I guess that the CM zoo is a pi$$ poor zoo as well.

As I said, I enjoyed the place, and I thought the pics turned out just fine, I wasn't expecting to entering them into a National Geographic photo contest.

NOTE: If one was wishing to obtain professional quality photos at a fun 3 dimensional art museum that wasn't expensive to enter I would reckon that toting your expensive Nikon with tripod and filtering lenses is essential........geesh, CM is full of nothing but a bunch of old whiners... 'The air is filthy', 'It rains all the time in the rainy season', 'The traffic is terrible', 'Thai drivers do not know how to drive', 'It costs too much', 'The beer is warm', 'She doesn't love me anymore'......  ????

38 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Oh I agree, there was so much glare it made all the faces turn black in the pics....  ????

you should have known to use a strobe as a fill light for her face ....it was probably distracting since your girlfriend? forgot to wear her pants that day??

• Haha 2