BMA gives green light for activities to resume in eight areas

webfact

BMA gives green light for activities to resume in eight areas

By The Nation

800_50ad3ccf9c98de2.jpg?v=1588139423

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has agreed to allow the reopening of eight areas of activities but not decided on the date yet, Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, a spokesman for the BMA, said.

After the executive meeting, BMA is preparing to issue relief measures, since the current one will end on April 30, with eight types of locations to be opened as follows:

1 Restaurants: People can eat there but seats must be kept 1.5 metres apart and alcoholic beverages are barred; timings must adhere to the Emergency Decree.

2 Markets can sell all types of products.

3 Areas for exercise: Only non-contact sports such as walking, running, badminton, tennis, table tennis, etc are allowed; team sports such as football, softball, volleyball, basketball are not allowed.

4 Public parks to be open for exercise and rest, however grouping of people will not be allowed.

5 Barber shops and beauty salons: Only allowed to cut, wash, and dry; must stop for cleaning and sterilising every two hours; only reserve a queue for service; operator has to wear a mask and a face shield as well.

6 Pet salon, clinics, or animal hospital: Only one pet or one animal can be brought in.

7 Hospitals, clinics and nursing homes

8 Golf courses

Establishments that fail to follow the guidelines will be immediately closed.

The BMA has proposed these measures to the government and they will be discussed at a meeting with the Communicable Disease Committee on Wednesday ( April 29) to prepare further measures.

A decision on the prohibition of selling alcoholic beverages, which will end on April 30, is still awaited.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386984

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-29

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Markets can sell all types of products.

Gotta sit at least 1.5m apart to chow .. No team sport in the park yet markets are open to sell .. Last time I was in the market it was like sardine packing with folk brushing past each other so how's that gonna work .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

What about DIY and "non-essential" items?

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i am in hua hin and i need home pro to open. 

A trip down the 7 to Chonburi province......(bit too far for NCC perhaps) Home pro are certainly open in Pattaya as are. I think, Thai Watsadu :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Grouping of people. What the <deleted> does that mean? In other articles it is gatherings.... Why is it so hard for Thai's to be specific? "Groups of more than 4 people" is specific. Grouping of people raises tons of questions.... 

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

45 minutes ago, sprq said:

Once more, what they're going to do, but not when they're going to do it. Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

since the current one will end on April 30

So start date will be May 1.

58 minutes ago, topt said:

A trip down the 7 to Chonburi province......(bit too far for NCC perhaps) Home pro are certainly open in Pattaya as are. I think, Thai Watsadu :thumbsup:

Before going all the way to Pattaya, suggest you try first to check with Thai watsadu, home pro and global house in Chonburi.

Maybe try calling them.

Its a much shorter distance to go from Bangkok.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

All those big DIY stores are open in Ubon.....

Really nice wondering around them on my own....:cowboy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

table tennis, yes !

Finally I can bring my table with me again.

Would not surprise me if some numb nut in Govt had measured the length of a table tennis table to be over the required social distance before allowing us to play. There is however, a problem with sharing ping pong balls, .... particularly for live shows.

• Haha 1