Minor Medical Treatment in Chiang Mai

r72a

I have a small lump on my chest, it's become red but isn't painful yet. I think I should get it looked at sooner rather than later. I have travel insurance but I know that insurance companies love to get out paying for things if they can, so I'd prefer somewhere reasonably priced just in cases I have to pay out of pocket. 

Any recomendations? 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you're insured just go to Chiang Mai RAM and they'll deduct straight from your insurance.

No need to mess around.

Thanks, if that's the case then I'll definitely go to RAM. I've emailed the insurance company to confirm this. 

Lanna is also well worth considering. It's what AIA use for their insurance customers, because it's not as pricey as RAM, and the medical expertise is just as good. What bugs me about RAM, IMO it's all money orientated towards treating foreigners.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Lanna is also well worth considering. It's what AIA use for their insurance customers, because it's not as pricey as RAM, and the medical expertise is just as good. What bugs me about RAM, IMO it's all money orientated towards treating foreigners.  

Thanks, I'll definitely consider Lanna. I've heard RAM is the most expensive. 

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you're insured just go to Chiang Mai RAM and they'll deduct straight from your insurance.

No need to mess around.

BTW, which Thai insurance do you recommend to buy?

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Considering 90% of the patients there are Thai, that comment doesn't hold water. Furthermore, it is possible to negotiate the costs there.

13 hours ago, elektrified said:

Considering 90% of the patients there are Thai, that comment doesn't hold water. Furthermore, it is possible to negotiate the costs there.

What's that got to do with the price of bread? It's cheaper for everyone with a high medical expertise, that's it. How I wish that a few respondents would refrain from always knock, criticise, or post negative comments at posts offering alternative solutions to the OP initialial post. Regretfully, elek, I rank you in that category. Get a life.

And stay safe.

59 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

What's that got to do with the price of bread? It's cheaper for everyone with a high medical expertise, that's it. How I wish that a few respondents would refrain from always knock, criticise, or post negative comments at posts offering alternative solutions to the OP initialial post. Regretfully, elek, I rank you in that category. Get a life.

And stay safe.

He does not always Knok, critize or post negative comments.  He is not immune from doing so but sometimes that is what is appropriate.  He has made a lot of very positive input over many years for which I give him a lot of credit even though he can irritate me occasionally and for a while in the distant past was quite good at it.

On 4/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, bkk6060 said:

If you are going to try and use the insurance, I would go to Bangkok Hospital CM.

Much better service, cleanliness, and professionalism then Ram from my experience.

And contributing to raising health insurance premiums.

My family (in CM) all have health insurance with a giant very professional insurer, before finalizing the policies they tell new customers which hospitals they will reimburse. The place you mentioned, they will not reimburse.