Panasonic Tankless Water Heater Issues

AAArdvark

I put a new water tank in a house that I rented. No complaints from the landlord. 

My method is still valid. Get a quote ask the landlord what they wish to do.

Whinging to most landlords gets nowhere regardless of your law.

OP is trying to fix the problem not find reasons not to.

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I put a new water tank in a house that I rented. No complaints from the landlord. 

You can do many things if the owner approves it. You can install a new aircon for instance. But if I remember the law correctly - be aware that by doing this the owner of the room will get the owner of your aircon then. 

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

As I have said, where I live there is no place to get a quote under the current conditions.  I can live with it for at least another month or I can try to fix it.  If I can get the manual it will cost me nothing and there will be no problems.

3 hours ago, beau thai said:

http://www.service-manual-downloadsly.com/showinfo-34-475797-0.html

This should enable you to download the manual for your heater OP

Doesn't seem to work.  I clicked on the download link and all I get is another tab with a sorry message.  I tried 3 different browsers and i will try again tomorrow.

The unit was replaced.  The filter was not dirty.  The earlier picture shows a white inlet contraption on lower right side.  The filter is under the part on top which is removable, after the water is stopped, by hand.  The other horizontal part of that is part with a screw head.  That is for a pressure release.

I have the exact same unit, 3 years old. However, the water is not heating. Tried to do the reset but the elb button is so hard and cannot be push.  Water pressure when I turned the faucet to cold is good but when I turned it to hot water, pressure is a little low. 

Pls. Help on what to do.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:03 PM, Merks said:

I have the exact same unit, 3 years old. However, the water is not heating. Tried to do the reset but the elb button is so hard and cannot be push.  Water pressure when I turned the faucet to cold is good but when I turned it to hot water, pressure is a little low. 

Pls. Help on what to do.

I don't believe the ELB is a button at all.  It illuminates when hot water is flowing. Make sure that the circuit breaker on the lower left is pushed up.  For the reset, on top of the copper canister there are two small black buttons with a white dot on top.  After turning off the power, press the two buttons down with something non-conductive (high voltage).  It is hard to tell that anything has actually been depressed.  If you have exception hearing you may here it click. After that set the temperature to low and try again. If it works for a few days, try setting it to medium and see if that works. If you can off the water, unscrew the inlet water connection on the bottom right of the unit and check or clean the little filter.

In my case, the filter was clean and the unit had to be replaced.  My new one, same model, has a 5 year warranty.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I don't believe the ELB is a button at all.  It illuminates when hot water is flowing. Make sure that the circuit breaker on the lower left is pushed up.  For the reset, on top of the copper canister there are two small black buttons with a white dot on top.  After turning off the power, press the two buttons down with something non-conductive (high voltage).  It is hard to tell that anything has actually been depressed.  If you have exception hearing you may here it click. After that set the temperature to low and try again. If it works for a few days, try setting it to medium and see if that works. If you can off the water, unscrew the inlet water connection on the bottom right of the unit and check or clean the little filter.

In my case, the filter was clean and the unit had to be replaced.  My new one, same model, has a 5 year warranty.

If he has access to a multimeter or know of someone  who does possess one,its quiet easy to test the the electronic pressure switch,turn on water then check for power reaching the heating elelments,if there's no power reaching the heat elements,probably indicating the electronic pressure switch is not working,which was the case with my 4 yo Mazumo unit just recently,techie fitted new pressure switch 800 thb now all good,probably better than when it was a new unit.

• 4 months later...