Lampang extends lockdown, ban on alcohol sales

webfact

Lampang extends lockdown, ban on alcohol sales

By The Nation

800_a77eb54be6eb3f7.jpg?v=1588147261

Narongsak Osottanakorn

Lampang has extended closure of venues that pose risk of Covid-19 infection and also maintained the ban on sale of alcoholic beverages, provincial governor Narongsak Osottanakorn said on Wednesday (April 29).

He made his remarks after presiding over the meeting of the Lampang communicable disease committee to monitor the Covid-19 situation in the province.

“We resolved to extend the period of closure of venues that have risk of infection and extended the ban on sales of alcoholic beverages beyond April 30,” he said.

The Cabinet on Tuesday extended the State of Emergency by another month starting May 1, in a move to prevent Covid-19 from spreading.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386995

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-29

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

This sorry piece of s--t reason for a governor was transferred twice since the cave boys in Chiang Rai. If he thinks he is cute or important or significant in any way then he better think twice. I just pray no other governor follows his sorry ar-- and don't allow alcohol to be sold on May 1 and 2.

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This sorry piece of s--t reason for a governor was transferred twice since the cave boys in Chiang Rai. If he thinks he is cute or important or significant in any way then he better think twice. I just pray no other governor follows his sorry ar-- and don't allow alcohol to be sold on May 1 and 2.

You know the reasons why the governor was replaced? I'm sure you even never seen him in real life

Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't call him such names, only because you can't still your alcoholic needs

Maybe try to read up on the reasons beyond his demotion, before you try to be a know it all.

Hint, you will not find the info in any Thai publication for obvious reasons

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Extended to the 15th May in Rayong.

First they did the 90 day report, followed by the TM 30 and TM28, and they still couldn't get rid of the undesired ones.

Going by the posts on this forum in the past 2 weeks, they're on to a winner this time

50 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

He's wearing a Thai civil servant's uniform.

One had to say it :tongue:

Hard to believe that posters living in Thailand(?) assume one in a khaki colored uniform is an army member :wacko:

Never seen of these young female teachers in their tight uniform? :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

You know the reasons why the governor was replaced? I'm sure you even never seen him in real life

Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't call him such names, only because you can't still your alcoholic needs

Maybe try to read up on the reasons beyond his demotion, before you try to be a know it all.

Hint, you will not find the info in any Thai publication for obvious reasons

Hint, got too big for his britches when someone else wanted to look bigger and shine brighter, so he was removed twice from different places and then ended up in Lampang. But word out is he was and is a terrible governor.

I thought the ban encompassed all Thailand, not just provincial? That was the orders from headquarters, eh. Ditto on the uniform issue. Don't all Civil-Military-(and that includes teachers and students, too)wear uniforms, if not daily, at least on specified occasions?

11 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Well, they will all follow now.....

Going to be a lot a bad beer end of May when they start selling old stock....Thai beer lasts about 2 to 3 months before it turns to horse urine...????

Why so, Bottled bear will generally stay good for 6 to 9 months. What's so different about Thai beer? 

Edited by Moonlover

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

One had to say it :tongue:

Hard to believe that posters living in Thailand(?) assume one in a khaki colored uniform is an army member :wacko:

Never seen of these young female teachers in their tight uniform? :biggrin:

I used to like my ex g/f in the white uniform, I love a woman in a uniform

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Taksin's coming back?

Prohibition in the USA gave impetus to the Mafia and other organised crime groups. Bootleg liquor became a cash cow.

More recently, the USA has spent billions in trying to prevent the flow of cocaine from South America. To no avail.

When you prohibit people from doing something they want to do, criminals are always happy to help them out, at a price.

Cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine are just chemicals, very cheap to manufacture. It's the illegality that puts the premium on them.

Prohibit alcohol, and it will be the same deal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bulmercke said:

I can see Thailand becoming an alcohol free nation on a permanent basis.

The breweries are owned by two of the richest men in Thailand. I'm amazed that they were unable to put pressure on the government to not ban sales at all. But then, they probably know full well that there is the 'underground market' composed of thousands of small shops that have 'never heard' about a ban.