Lampang extends lockdown, ban on alcohol sales

webfact

I'm sure there is an ulterior motive for all the alcohol bans, could it possibly be that the Thai government want to close down places like Patpong, Pattaya etc. I have lived here for well over 30 years and to my knowledge the government have been wanting to close walking street etc.  for many years, but they should be careful what they wish for because without such places Thailand will loose the draw of tourists be it to revel in such places or just out of curiosity and to say they have been there. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bulmercke said:

I can see Thailand becoming an alcohol free nation on a permanent basis.

Then all you need to do is add a ban on bacon and hey presto, Saudi Arabia. Already got the masks.

"Land of the free" - yeah right.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, Lacessit said:

I can see Thailand becoming a tourist-free nation quite rapidly, if Prohibition comes in. Plus a huge increase in organized crime.

That's what I see also. The Thai word is Sanuk = Fun. People go on vacation to have fun, ok maybe have nice beaches and other stuff but if can't have wine /beer or cocktail at dinner and regular guys can't go to a bar your tourist numbers will  relly drop. You cut off drinks to Thai and can see from history what happened in the US when we tried prohibition.  That and turning away the few tourist who try to keep coming back and kiss your tourist arrival numbers goodbye.

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

He's wearing a Thai civil servant's uniform.

And Governors aren't elected they are appointed by the current party in power.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

One had to say it :tongue:

Hard to believe that posters living in Thailand(?) assume one in a khaki colored uniform is an army member :wacko:

Never seen of these young female teachers in their tight uniform? :biggrin:

Sometimes it's hard to tell .............

gun teacher.jpg

• Haha 2