Narathiwat Airport closed for another month

snoop1130

Narathiwat Airport closed for another month

By The Nation

800_1ea5a641e4dadb8.jpg

The Department of Airports has ordered Narathiwat Airport to remain closed for another month, until May 31. The directive was issued to comply with the ongoing lockdown of the southern province, said the department’s director-general Tawee Gasisam-ang on Wednesday (April 29). Narathiwat’s borders have been shut to control the spread of Covid-19. The airport had been due to reopen on May 1.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387007

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-29

This is certainly BS in the previous post it states the following

He added that most of the airports to be reopened are located in places where adjoining provinces have lifted restrictions, such as Nakhon Si Thammarat and Udon Thani airports.

I thought Nakhon Si Thammarat was in the South where all the recent cases have been found .........LOL

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

I thought Nakhon Si Thammarat was in the South where all the recent cases have been found .........LOL

It is, but it doesn't border Yala, Pattani or Narathiwat. The recent Songkhla cases are all within quarantine or immigration detention centres on the Malaysian border.

I wasn't planning on leaving, but as a Narathiwat resident it seems like there 's no way out of here anyway by land, sea or air.

And indeed, NST is not Narathiwat and not in lockdown in regards to border closures afaik.

Edited by MarcelV