International School Fees - Refund

Does International School required to offer refund for current situation (study at home). Its has been awhile

since the school has been asked to closed due to Covid-19 until further further notice. School at S31 aren't

responding and we parents have to accept full school fees payment ?

The international school in Bangkok where I work has offered a small discount on fees in term 3. I doubt there is a law saying they have to offer a discount / refund as technically the school is still operating (albeit learning online). 

What is S31? 

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They should offer discounts as many international school are asking teachers to take a salary cut.

Where have you heard this?

I know a good number of teachers at other international schools (at about 5 or 6 of the better international schools in Bangkok) and haven't heard of any news about reducing teachers salary. That news would spread pretty quickly amongst staff at other schools. 

We are still open and working therefore there is no way they can reduce salary.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Khun Tae said:

Thats some kind of ''nam jai'' , Singapore school does not refund. 

As far as I have heard pretty much all of the main international schools are offering some reduction / discount to existing parents for the new academic year. 

I cannot imagine any international schools refunding the fees as technically the school didn't actually close. They just taught online due to the pandemic. 

I paid about 600k school fees (full year with meals, no school bus) for my child in Key Stage 2. The school promises 181 school days minimum, so this works out to about 3300 Baht per school day. Due to covid lockdown, 57 days were done on zoom (extremely low quality, i would say it was just 5% of real classroom). We were refunded a paltry 15000 Baht, working out to 260 Baht a day.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, saakura said:

I paid about 600k school fees (full year with meals, no school bus) for my child in Key Stage 2. The school promises 181 school days minimum, so this works out to about 3300 Baht per school day. Due to covid lockdown, 57 days were done on zoom (extremely low quality, i would say it was just 5% of real classroom). We were refunded a paltry 15000 Baht, working out to 260 Baht a day.

Interesting breakdown. Not a good relief package, Thats not fair to parents. Wonder where our anger can be heard.