Study At Home (International School)

The standards of the teaching have already been disappointing.   With the current situation of Covid-19, study at home is the only option to keep this going. I am totally at lost paying exorbitant fees.  Effectiveness is a big question.   Studying where is no big deal now, examination is not going to prove anything. Pretty disappointing how school managed.

• Like 1

The situation isn't ideal for anyone. The school should have in place a structured remote learning plan for this time. The international school I work in are pretty much offering the same timetable as the children would do normally, live lessons, reading sessions, 1 - 1 meetings, online after school clubs etc. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:36 AM, Somtamnication said:

There is a job advert on another site for an international school teaching Humanities. They posted that while teaching online, you get between a 10 to 30% pay cut. 

This is going to be a strange school year.

The question will be - how much extra time will the kids have to study at school to make up for any shortfalls in learing online. I don't expect any reduction in my salary, but know some teachers will take the pi$$ and not do much for the students in the time they learn from home. 

The standards of the teaching have already been disappointing.

They can't be worse than the BBC's Bitesize course. I've been doing that for a few weeks, it is so bad you have to pinch yourself to believe it's an education course. Some rugby player who sounds like Frank Bruno in a coma is reading a book to students? What? Then Karim the clown comes on to talk nonsense before some real teacher talks about the simplest of simple material for 10 minutes. I've switched to another service. Bitesize is a joke. Literally.

Edited by Logosone