Something Different

Paul Laycock1

without wishing to startle you, i had a new mole type thing grow on my arm. My first thought being skin cancer, I checked Google Images. I would hotfoot it to a hospital as soon as. 

Im not saying it is malignant but if it were me, I would be concerned.

I hate hospitals / doctors as well but I was worried enough about my own growth to go.

Edited by nikmar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Because I hate hospitals and have other underlying conditions.

You need to do as Sheryl says at #16

She is a world of knowledge and helped me out a couple of years back when I had to get something removed on my face.

I am not into hospitals, they make me nervous, especially when away from my country, but overcoming my fear to sort the root of the problem needs to be your priority, I also have underlying conditions, but everything went well, was awake when the surgeon removed what he had to remove from my face, (yes I was very nervous), almost got up to leave, but had to get it over and done with, surgeon knew what he was doing, and I am grateful to him, his staff and particularly Sheryl for getting me started in the right direction as I am in rural Thailand, and this had to be done by a plastic surgeon which was a 2 hour drive from home, I wouldn't have known where to start.

Get it sorted asap, you need to know what it is, get it removed and they will send it off to the lab for the results, piece of mind.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

I had something similar on my forehead many years ago. It started like a wart and grew quickly. It was removed in a hospital outpatient department in two mins using a cauterizing tool and local anesthetic.

It has never returned.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

The doctors at my local hospital set a date of June 1st for biopsy and removal. Last night during my  sleep the growth became very loose.

When I got up at 4am I was able to remove the growth painlessly, later my sister in law cleaned the site with a medical alcohol solution.

The top of my head doesn’t hurt so I’m just going to keep an eye on it.

Any further growth and I will use my June 1st appointment for a further visit. 

Regards

Paul

That’s good news Paul ( i think ) but please do keep your appointment even if you think unnecessary, a deeper cleaning may be required to stop any further issues and a biopsy is still a good idea.

Also if you have retained the growth you should take it with you.

I wish you luck .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, Paul Laycock1 said:

The doctors at my local hospital set a date of June 1st for biopsy and removal. Last night during my  sleep the growth became very loose.

When I got up at 4am I was able to remove the growth painlessly, later my sister in law cleaned the site with a medical alcohol solution.

The top of my head doesn’t hurt so I’m just going to keep an eye on it.

Any further growth and I will use my June 1st appointment for a further visit. 

Regards

Paul

Hey Paul, what was the outcome of your June 1st appt at the hospital.......all clear I hope?