Thailand praised by foreigners for helping tourists left stranded due to COVID

webfact

3 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

How come local Thai's never praise the helping foreigners???..???... And if they did, how come they don't get any media coverage?

Because it's expected from a Rich farang to help Poor Thais :wai:

Give poor backpackers free food (it is phi phi right) and obviously they will talk like it is The Beach movie.
Wonder if those backpackers are aware of the suicides and corruption over the 5K welfare.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

When tourists really needed help at the beginning there was nothing . No extensions for those who couldn’t get or couldn’t afford the outrageous prices being charged for returning home. Instead we were left to guess what might happen while we watched flight after flight being cancelled and top airlines scratching their whole operations. It was terrifying . My kid bailed me out by booking a one way flight back to Dublin for €1500 ! Thank god I was able to reimburse him when I got home . All the “ help” came too late. As my kid said !, Dad , you would have died in those queues for immigration where you had to have 7/8/9 .. can’t rember ..documents and no social distancing .and me over 70 with diabetes,  in the beginning . No... too late to redeem yourselves . 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

They have suggested that foreign nations like the US, UK and European Union could learn from Thailand's humanitarian approach to its visitors

Yes I could see the wai's of thanks at the immigration offices !!!

Surprised to see so many negative comments. I have been here for months, the same every year, for quite a few years. It is so relaxed here, enjoying a lot. There is no a perfect place in this world. And the always complaining bunch of farangs has got a choice, they can go back to their countries, problem solved.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, looking on the bright side said:

Surprised to see so many negative comments.

Guess you not often read this forum.

Negative comments is the default standard here, regardless of what the topic might be.

Better get used to it

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, looking on the bright side said:

Surprised to see so many negative comments. I have been here for months, the same every year, for quite a few years. It is so relaxed here, enjoying a lot. There is no a perfect place in this world. And the always complaining bunch of farangs has got a choice, they can go back to their countries, problem solved.

to be honest for about 2 years i thought the majority of thais were okish but the longer you stay the more you learn, not all are bad, but a fair amount are racist, and that seems to be drilled into them from childhood,

then you have the Army in charge, and in the end you realize that if you jump through all the hoops and spend a fair bit of money they put up with Farangs.  

Edited by zoza