Pattaya: Tourism recovery may take TWO YEARS, says industry expert

webfact

On 5/3/2020 at 12:03 AM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Its more a preach than objective description of reality. Las Vegas is full of expensive prostitutes , every one needs a playground on part with his financial capability. Don't be so arrogant and let people with less money than you play. Real easte is decadent in its own way. 15 year ago you have 100 sqm for the price which now gives you 20sqm. Dont blame it all on prostitution , the world is decadent with LGBT , eco systems destructions , insane price for health in the US. Greed is everywhere , no need to point the finger at Pattaya.

The biggest difference is that in Vegas most of the gals are overweight, overpriced, and unattractive, unless you get into the super high end range (well over $1000 short time). And they have attitude. In Pattaya, the whole thing is far more honest and up front. And infinitely more reasonable. 

• Like 2

Most normal males have fairly strong sex drives.

This place is still rated by many men publications and online sources as the best male playground in the world.

Not sure what will happen to the Gogo's or clubs.  Could actually careless living here I never go as they would be my last choice to meet girls.

But, there still are and will be many more opportunities and venues here for female company and males will never stop coming here from around the world when they open things up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pattayadude said:

it won't be the end of the world Leaver. In my lifetime, I have visited and lived in a few "sex destination" type cities and have seen them rise and fall for reasons I never understood. They are still on the map and nowhere close to what they used to be.Changes happen for social, moral and economic reasons. Thailand may be going through same changes and I'm sure most agree to it but some can't digest or accept. It is changing though. There are other places though that can replace it. maybe not 100 percent but close to it.

Well, I will ride the Pattaya wave all the way to the shore.  I really hope the Chinese don't claim the place for themselves, because I have seen what they did to Sihanoukville in Cambodia. 

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Well, I will ride the Pattaya wave all the way to the shore.  I really hope the Chinese don't claim the place for themselves, because I have seen what they did to Sihanoukville in Cambodia. 

sure, all the best. I think you could still have lots of fun in Pats as long as  farangs stick it out to the end(whenever that may be), there will be supply. it all depends on whether you see the glass half empty or half full.

• Like 1

In the UK economists say this is the worst economic situation for Britain/England in 300 years. 

What people came to Thailand for in the recent past will be cheap at home. People won't have a lot of money for family holidays. God knows what flights will cost.

Thailand will have to employ it's population in producing food and items for Thailand. International trade will be tough for many years, and perhaps decades, to come.

2 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

In the UK economists say this is the worst economic situation for Britain/England in 300 years. 

What people came to Thailand for in the recent past will be cheap at home. People won't have a lot of money for family holidays. God knows what flights will cost.

Thailand will have to employ it's population in producing food and items for Thailand. International trade will be tough for many years, and perhaps decades, to come.

Thais open end of month. I know a official. Back to business. They will recover 

8 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Thais open end of month. I know a official. Back to business. They will recover 

You need a volume of customers to service rent, wages, utilities. Business owners are bleeding out as long as the volume of customers doesn't reach that threshold.

Countries aren't yet opening up. Polls within countries say that a large percentage of people plan to keep away from busy venues, in their own country, even when they they are allowed to leave lockdown.

Very few flights are operating. Many airlies will be bust. 

A lot of people are out of work. Those in work may want to hold onto what money they have.

Countries have gone into huge debt to deal with the consequences of the lockdown. There will be a lot of austerity and raised taxes around the world.

It isn't looking good for tourism. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, Leaver said:

I hope Thailand opens at the end of the month, i think it will.

It will start to bring back visa on arrival within a few months. How long the shambles called the UK will have to wait to get back is another thing.

To all UK ex pats in Pattaya, just be glad you are sitting in Pattaya. Our clown prince of a PM is tonight going to announce another 3 weeks of lockdown tonight.

All week it has looked like things might be relaxed from Monday but that won't be the case. Meanwhile the economy is going down the pan.

A girlfriend of mine had a neighbour report her to the police for having rental viewings of a property. Got a note through the door and had to listen to a jobsworth peeler.

Pattaya can never be worse than Blighty. Stay where you are and rejoice.

Edited by WillyPlatt
Edit
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, Iron Tongue said:

If any of you are familiar with Tijuana, Mexico, you will see similarities with what Pattaya has become and will be.

i went to Tijuana about 45 years ago ,first time i ever saw a ladyboy ,he was being arrested by two coppers .lol

20 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

people go on about Pattaya but in 25 years ive never been robbed ,only once scammed ,14 years ago ,by the guy who cleaned our drains ,never seen a robbery ,nothing , but like everyone who reads the newspapers ,about us ,its always sin city, well not a lot of sin where i live ,and newspapers only write bad news ,because thats what sells them ,oh i saw a fight about 10 years ago , does that count?

Correct 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 8:13 AM, pattayadude said:

sure, all the best. I think you could still have lots of fun in Pats as long as  farangs stick it out to the end(whenever that may be), there will be supply. it all depends on whether you see the glass half empty or half full.

Pattaya has changed a lot over the last few years.  Whether the virus just speeds up the change that was happening, only time will tell.  

Yes, there will always be supply.  Pattaya's reputation will be around for sometime to come, but in my opinion, the night life here will change, post virus, with the amount, size  and style of venues being different.    

On 5/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, WillyPlatt said:

I hope Thailand opens at the end of the month, i think it will.

Thailand could open up businesses and boarders tomorrow, but not much will change for Pattaya.  

The tourists still can't get here, and even if they could, it would only be a trickle of them.

There's not enough expats to keep Pattaya going, as we knew it.  

Would you open up your business here to operate at a loss for the foreseeable future?  Maybe best to remain closed and minimize expenses.   

Good  news is that Norwegian will survive, the Norwegian state are willing to support them financially for 3-4 months. And they are leasing most of their planes, Boeing already agreed to delay the payments. 

Just now, balo said:

Good  news is that Norwegian will survive, the Norwegian state are willing to support them financially for 3-4 months. And they are leasing most of their planes, Boeing already agreed to delay the payments. 

And that is good news?

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And that is good news?

Good news for anyone planning a flight from Europe to Bangkok when the crisis is over. They used to have 2 daily flights, and cheap tickets.  But it will probably be more expensive to travel for a while.   

1 minute ago, balo said:

Good news for anyone planning a flight from Europe to Bangkok when the crisis is over. They used to have 2 daily flights, and cheap tickets.  But it will probably be more expensive to travel for a while.   

Upstairs on an Emirates A380 for me when this is all over!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Upstairs on an Emirates A380 for me when this is all over!

Good for you you can afford it.  I can only dream of that experience. 

The 787 dreamliners are not too bad, I am happy with my economy seat.