Is Bangkok Bank still open in Chiang Mai during lockdown ?

Aussiepeter

Can anyone, particularly in the Mae Hia market area, confirm that the Bangkok Bank is still open ? The MIL is fast running out of cash and we want to send a few baht to her but no point if she can't go to the bank ! (We are in Oz). Thanks in anticipation.

Many thanks Berkshire for the prompt response and as an ex UK soldier I/we love your user name. Cheers, - I'll have a cold ale for you, especially as I hear it's getting a little difficult to imbibe in LOS at the moment. For the record, no case of C-19 within 60klms (35 miles) of our little town in NSW Oz, but hundreds elsewhere in the State. Killed almost all elderly residents in one aged care home in Sydney. Nothing like the UK though. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Seems like the "main" ones in high foot traffic areas are open.....

The one at Big C Mae Hia is open.....

Why don't you use the BK bank online app to send off some cash?....It's user friendly and convenient.....

2 hours ago, maybefitz said:

I took out my monthly pension money from UK yesterday, Bkk Bank, Thapae Rd. usual excellent service.

Remember about 6 weeks ago BK bank had an ATM problem . Since that event I no longer get a text message to confirm either a deposit or withdrawal from my account until about 4 days later when it used to be in minutes . How is it with you or other readers ?

1 hour ago, superal said:

Remember about 6 weeks ago BK bank had an ATM problem . Since that event I no longer get a text message to confirm either a deposit or withdrawal from my account until about 4 days later when it used to be in minutes . How is it with you or other readers ?

I use the app & get an instantaneous email when there is any access or use in the account.....

1 hour ago, superal said:

Do you really need sms verification? Don't you know when you withdraw or deposit money? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Do you really need sms verification? Don't you know when you withdraw or deposit money? 

Because I use Transferwise  UK to Thailand and so have confirmation that I am able to draw from the ATM by way of text message , saves a wasted journey to town . I had quite a hiccup with the Bangkok bank a few weeks ago when my UK deposits were rejected and sent back to Transferwise . I have since done 3 £10 transfer tests and they all took 2 or 3 days to show in the BK bank account . when before they took 2 minutes 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Oh Max, the notifications/verifications will also tell if somebody else makes a transaction.  Think about it and you will hopefully get the idea. It is widely used by banks, credit card processors and other financial institutions.

• Like 1

Are the banks, including Bangkok Bank, all of which reside on the second floor, open at Promenada? When I shopped at Rimping at Promenada today, it looked like the escalators to the second floor were roped off? But, I didn't examine all the escalators.

55 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Are the banks, including Bangkok Bank, all of which reside on the second floor, open at Promenada? When I shopped at Rimping at Promenada today, it looked like the escalators to the second floor were roped off? But, I didn't examine all the escalators.

Probably like at Central Festival where the escalators are closed but the elevators are working.

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Oh Max, the notifications/verifications will also tell if somebody else makes a transaction.  Think about it and you will hopefully get the idea. It is widely used by banks, credit card processors and other financial institutions.

And much appreciated, for the reasons just above, by customers.