Restrictions and Alcohol Ban continue...

erinsf

I need to vent a bit.  I would have made it comfortably in my current state and I still will. But, a glass of wine would have been nice at night or, a scotch.  I am pretty upset with all of the fools who continued to congregate in groups, have parties behind closed doors or, even on decks and beaches when the government told us not too.  This I believe, is the reason the rest of us are not allowed to purchase alcohol.  Because, a few persons believe it, is their 'right' to not wear a mask and to congregate with large groups of persons and party, the rest of us are not going to experience any easing of restrictions in Thailand.  

I fully support the government arresting these people and putting them in jail.  Their choices are taking away, our choices.  We played by the rules. Now, we continue to play by the rules.  We should all remind our friends partying friends, they are to blame for the alcohol ban.  And, partially to blame for the extended restrictions. If you don't think they can extend this ban on alcohol and continue the other restrictions in June ,  you must be living on Mars.   In many ways, it is good that the government is choosing safety over the economy in this circumstance. I appreciate it as, they need time to create rules and regulations for businesses to open.   Its not easy I am sure.  A lot of venders, airlines, hotels, taxi drivers, tuk tuk drivers, boat employees, museum workers, monks,  nail salons, hair stylists, clothing manufacturers, retail sales people, restaurant staff et al are not going to get a paycheck for another month.  One of the reasons is, the refusal of some of us to follow the rules regarding social distancing.   As for the booze, the government is losing a lot of money here too.  They make a lot of money on alcohol sales.  A LOT.  At a time like this they too, need income to support the citizens.   And, they are giving this up.  Restaurants cannot deliver it.  Stores cannot sell it.  Wholesalers and wine sellers cannot import or sell it.  This is a lot of persons directly affected by just this. And, it IS directly associated with the fact, that some persons don't think about how their actions affect others or,  sadly, they don't care.  I hope we can stop these persons who continue to congregate against the government directive.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, erinsf said:

And, it IS directly associated with the fact, that some persons don't think about how their actions affect others or,  sadly, they don't care.

Ahhh, maybe deep down they do care...…………...…..about your liver! ????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, erinsf said:

One of the reasons is, the refusal of some of us to follow the rules regarding social distancing

So they are punishing the country with extra lock down, because a few people went to the beach ?? And what, another month if people don't behave this time ?? 

That's their reasoning for extending the lock down ?? 

This (now open-ended) alcohol ban is entirely ridiculous.  If the problem is people congregating in groups, then crack down on people congregating in groups. 

People cooped up at home get bored and antsy and stressed.  It's natural.  Having a quiet couple of drinks at home is a private pleasure that hurts no one.  There is clearly no aspect of life a totalitarian regime won't try to control if it can claim some public health benefit, no matter how fanciful that "benefit" might be.

Here's a trick to get past the ban. Rub your hands with sanitizer which mostly contain more than 70% alcohol - that's more than any liquor on the market - then suck your thumb.

Not as good as a cold beer but better than nothing.

Three little mom and pop distributors across from my building move plenty of alcohol daily. Two are Thai and one is Farang owned. The same Thai people in the same cars pull up every 2-3 days and load 20-50 cases of beer and some spirits. They generally do it early morning or after sundown, but are not sneaky about it. Local police have walked by a few times and said nothing. I've seen a few farangs ask to buy and they were rejected.

12 hours ago, Why Me said:

Here's a trick to get past the ban. Rub your hands with sanitizer which mostly contain more than 70% alcohol - that's more than any liquor on the market - then suck your thumb.

Not as good as a cold beer but better than nothing.

Almost as good as my recipe for Irish coffee:

1 cup boiling hot water

6 shots of of Listerine original

2 tea spoon instant coffee

half tea spoon brown sugar

Everything is awesome~

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread

So the OP wants to cage people because they would like to make their own life decisions.  Before all this started i wondered how governments were able to kill 262 million people (not including wars) and enslave people.  After seeing how the sheople around the world have gravitated to these authoritarian solutions makes me question humanity.  The whole post is about how "others dont care" meanwhile you fail to give a rats back side about other peoples freedoms.  How this irony is lost on you is beyond my comprehension.  

When the currencies fail to have value and people are starving the OP will be blaming the corporations, t he rich, and everyone but the true culprits (government and the sheople who back their power).  

p.s.  some good news, the Missus just caught word on a Thai site she trusts that they may be lifting the alcohol ban for 7/11s and other stores starting Sunday.  She said we will be hearing an announcement tomorrow.  

• Like 1