Selling motorcycle back to the dealer

not a sizable bike but back about 5 years ago I got a Honda Wave from .. Honda and they sold me something for what I seem to recall was 700 baht

told me that it was some kind of guarantee that if I wanted to sell the bike back to them they would buy it at a high percent of the price

anyways, bike in perfect condition maybe 3000km on it max, went back to Honda they offered me like 32,000 out of 48,500

random Thai guy in shop a few streets up offered me 38,000 no questions asked

of course, they would both turn around and sell it back for 42,000 or so.

• Thanks 1

Probably going to low ball you. I bought a Honda wave years ago & had a gout attack(first & last)The shop got me an automatic Yamaha that was already 11, baht less & paid another 6000 baht to swap after a total of owning it for 5 hours & putting 36 kilos to drive it from Pattaya to Bang Saray & back to the shop. Hopefully you will have better luck, but it is considered a number 2 bike the minute you put kilos on it & worse if you have registered it.May be better off finding someone to buy it & take over payments or buy it & pay it off with the new owner present.

• 2 weeks later...

I read it's fairly easy to transfer the finance on bikes or cars, so you can maybe get more potential buyers and interest if you offer it that way for private sale. Dealer will rip you off for sure...

Edited by Agusts

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

I read it's fairly easy to transfer the finance on bikes or cars, so you can maybe get more potential buyers and interest if you offer it that way for private sale. Dealer will rip you off for sure...

So a dealer can force someone to sell at a low price.

What a rip.!

Outrageous.