Pattaya: Lockdown set to end - restrictions lifted from May 5th

webfact

32 minutes ago, petermik said:

Most afternoons I take a stroll on the beach prom....never had any issues :thumbsup:

Did you see the thread the other day when 20+ were picked up and taken to police station?

Mornings are less risk than afternoons on Pattaya beach road

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Does that mean bars and restaurants will be open even tho it was announced by the government that no alcohol sales until end of May <deleted> is running the show ????

Why would one go there if there are no bars, booze and birds? Really seems quite pointless. Maybe it's time to bulldoze the place and turn it into a domestic tourist location. prostitution is illegal, afterall. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

Why would one go there if there are no bars, booze and birds? Really seems quite pointless. Maybe it's time to bulldoze the place and turn it into a domestic tourist location. prostitution is illegal, afterall. 

...there'd be no money in that! The thing with Western tourists is that even the trailer-trash have money!????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

...there'd be no money in that! The thing with Western tourists is that even the trailer-trash have money!????

MANY destinations throughout the world will eventually be available where birds, booze and food will all be available in the same venue. Will Thailand return as one of them?

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Does that mean bars and restaurants will be open even tho it was announced by the government that no alcohol sales until end of May <deleted> is running the show ????

No. 

I read Thai. Been at it over 40 years. I read the article. Susco, post #12, is correct. The article doesn't get into specifics. It's about the checkpoints. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Was your mother named Mary Whitehouse?

8 minutes ago, parafareno said:

how do thai people cope without licker, cause many thai men drink to death? I was thinking there will be demonstrations in the streets etc...

If you have money everything is available, Im told a case of Chang 1300 Baht

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Thank Buddha we don't live in South Africa. They have banned both drinking and smoking.

I'm not sure the idea of a White Zone will go down well there either, lol!

34 minutes ago, parafareno said:

how do thai people cope without licker, cause many thai men drink to death? I was thinking there will be demonstrations in the streets etc...

...there's lots of Western licker around, they're just stopping at home!????

3 minutes ago, moe666 said:

How about white just meaning the area is pure no virus. you guys are getting to carried away with all this everything is racist

It's a South Park reference - an irreverent joke.

7 minutes ago, moe666 said:

How about white just meaning the area is pure no virus. you guys are getting to carried away with all this everything is racist

It's what I call "inverted-racism", which is what it is.

Hold up there, whoa. I take exception to the term 'white areas'. I'm offended because this implies that there are other areas that have different colours. I'm not having that, I'm going to complain...er, anyone got an idea who I should complain to?????

9 minutes ago, sambum said:

Just two example of "race cards" being whipped out:- 

In the classroom, a "blackboard" now has to be called a "chalkboard"! 

And Robertson's the jam/preserve makers had to stop using a Golliwog (which was actually originally a children's toy/rag doll) to advertise their produce because "anti-racist campaigners in the 1980s who said it was an insulting and degrading depiction of black people" 

And then we got complaints that all girls dolls and Action men were white. The cuckoo world of liberalism "its only allowed if we thought of it"

Of course, the question on many minds - what about the swimming ban (pools, sea)?

Given the apparent fact that people die from LSD (lifestyle diseases), not covid (it accelerates the LSD's advance), and these usually originate in excess fat, which is prevented through (proper nutrition and) sports, the ban on swimming is next to insane. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Nothing written there only the cessation of the road blocks and checks. 

Whoopee I can take my poodle for a cut and dry!

Never heard it called a Poodle before............:whistling: