Chinese tourists set to return to Chiang Mai in July, tourism chief predicts

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Most countries will still be required to have Covid letters, as the virus is still raging in many countries. And some countries will not issue that letter (impossible to get in the US). Plus, will the mandatory health insurance still be required? Will it be even stricter than before? And just what are people returning to, or coming to? Will everything be open? How about nightlife?

I doubt they will be allowing incoming tourists before everything is open again, including nightlife. When they do they'll probably ease up the requirements as very few tourists would go through those hoops. Many countries will have those letters available by June-July. My guess is that's when they'll start allowing some tourists in. Masses? nope, lol.

• Like 1

How about ensuring the country is safe to receive tourists before making such statements, plus I hope substational checks will be in place so as not to re-infect anyone they come in contact with because if they do infect anyone the government better pack their bags and make way for others that can run the country otherwise no one will want to come here better hand the keys over to China........LOL

• Like 1

Yes, they will be back in droves! After three months of unemployment and struggling to survive, they will need to sell the last of their possessions for a well-deserved vacation in Thailand. TaT's a fact!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Just stay the f@@# away from Jomtien

Yes, they'll stay away from your 28sq m of it I'm sure.

Good news for Thailand, good news for China. Normality.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1