Report retirement extension CW

Given the absence of any reference to mandatory health insurance, I assume that you were extending on the basis of an original non-O visa?

Edited by OJAS

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Any mention or knowledge of the TM-30 reporting issue?

I did my extension last October at CW.

The io didn't want or even look at tm30.

I have read many reports since then confirming same.

BTW my stamp and tm6 at the time showed reentry just couple days prior to my attending imm.

Also different from OP list is that I provided lease because I don't do 90 day reports and my map was not hand drawn. Just map that is on my condo flyer.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Any mention or knowledge of the TM-30 reporting issue?

No, I always ask the front desk in my apartment to do a TM.30 when I return from abroad, but don't know whether they actually do it (and do not have any proof). However, on one of the three extra forms you have to sign when you do the extension you confirm that you still stay at...................... Maybe they use this instead of a TM.30? Actually your address is also on the 90 day report.  

10 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

how crowded was the seating area at the L queue area? social distancing? where any of the coffeeshops or the foodcourt open?

Even though most seats are roped off there was enough room, never seen it this quiet. The coffeeshops and foodcourt(s) were open (take away only, but there are tables in the foodcourt where you can stand and eat).

1 minute ago, moon0205 said:

looking at the problems I have with extending my NON-OA Retirement - can this be changed to NON-O which does not need health insurance?
I would love to hear if that is possible> Thank you.

This guy can advise. He made a road map

@Peter Denis

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, moon0205 said:

looking at the problems I have with extending my NON-OA Retirement - can this be changed to NON-O which does not need health insurance?

PM-ed you a comprehensive guideline document outlining all details/options to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (and subsequent extension).

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum

7 minutes ago, moon0205 said:

someone replied, but a health ad covers the text .
do we have to bear 3-4 klickaways now every time we open a thaivisa topic?

PM-ed you a solution to the problem.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum

1 hour ago, moon0205 said:

Some posters here might help you with that, I am not sure this can be done within Thailand. What I did a few years ago was enter on a tourist visa, convert this into a NON-O (valid 3 months based on retirement, took 10 min) and then convert the latter to a NON-O stay permit (validity one year). Main problem here for some people is that you need to have a Thai (?) bank account and show that you have seasoned the 800,000+ Baht (if you use the bank method) for x months. In my case I had opened a bank account a long time ago when it was very easy and kept it going. The whole process was easy, for conversion of the TR visa they were mainly interested in a letter from the bank confirming that the funds came from abroad.

In Hua Hin all was done in 30 min for my 1 year ext with a consulate income paper.

I only bring consulate paper, passport a photo and a paid rent paper.

Then I go to copylady and say in thai "please help me to fill in".

It takes her 2 min to do and she get coffee money so we both are happy.

Photo is also available there.

Then up to the office and I was the only one there at 3 pm which is my time to go.

Nice experience with cool people.

thanks for your info cormanr7, I did my retirement extension at CW today (Thurs 7 May) - a bit busier than your experience but Monday and Wednesday this week where public holidays so that is understandable

got there just after 11:00, queue number 118, last number called 58, finally got my stamped passport back about 4:00

when called to the first document check desk I originally proffered passport and copies, bankbook, bank letter and copies, they asked to draw map but accepted google map printout, did not ask for lease, not interested in TM30 and 90 day receipts I had in paperclipped in my passport, and yes the usual few other forms to sign, including one that confirmed I had received a copy of the extension conditions even though I didn't!

the queue is still slow and so much repeated checking of paperwork but the level of office crowding and chaos was much better than usual and social distancing was working reasonably well

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 6:37 AM, cormanr7 said:

Even though most seats are roped off there was enough room, never seen it this quiet. The coffeeshops and foodcourt(s) were open (take away only, but there are tables in the foodcourt where you can stand and eat).

Somehow, it is bad to sit in a chair in the food-court area, but everyone sprawled out all over the floor in the atrium was considered ok.  Go figure.  People were not allowed in the actual immigration area until their queue number was close.  This was a few weeks back, though - sounds less busy now.

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Somehow, it is bad to sit in a chair in the food-court area, but everyone sprawled out all over the floor in the atrium was considered ok.  Go figure.  People were not allowed in the actual immigration area until their queue number was close.  This was a few weeks back, though - sounds less busy now.

Five weeks ago they were quite serious/panicky about social distancing and indeed persons unable to find a seat were booted out and told to come back shortly before their que number was due. Would be VERY helpful if they installed monitors outside. Anyway, you could sit at the black benches in the atrium (where distancing is basically ignored), advantage for the L1 section is that you can see the que number from there, no need to go in. By now, things seem to have been relaxed, the people assigned to keep an eye on available seats seem to have disappeared. About ten days ago there were quite a few people standing within the office without anyone paying attention.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, Peter Denis said:

PM-ed you a comprehensive guideline document outlining all details/options to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (and subsequent extension).

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum

Hi Peter Denis, i"m in the same situation as Moon0205. 

I would like to find out how is it possible to extend my current : 

- Retirement Visa

without having to leave Thailand?

This was applied for and granted in Ottawa, Canada. It was issued with a validity from:

- 9th of July 2019, with multiple entries.

I exited Thailand and returned on:

- 5th December, 2019
and now I have a valid stamp to stay until:
- 3rd December 2020

Many thanks, W

20 minutes ago, wrazoru said:

Hi, i"m in the same situation as Moon0205. 

HI @wrazoru,

Will answer you PM in course of tomorrow or during the weekend.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Cheers - Peter

Edited by Peter Denis