Lawyer needed in Ubon

SteveK

I need to find a qualified lawyer who can witness me signing something and verify my passport.

Does anyone know of anyone who can speak English? I just want to walk in, get the paperwork done, pay the money and go. Was speaking with a company who said they could do it then started messing me around saying they need to post my documents to another province etc.

Failing that, I am willing to travel to Bangkok. If anyone knows someone there who can reliably provide this service I would be very grateful indeed.

Just now, kenk24 said:

I know a lawyer in CM who I trust... pm if you want info...

Though can a notary do it?  

Yes, I don't see why not, but I also need proof of the person's qualifications, like a photocopy of a certificate or whatnot.

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Yes, I don't see why not, but I also need proof of the person's qualifications, like a photocopy of a certificate or whatnot.

Well, a notary should have a seal... been a few years but last time I paid for a notary it was 500 baht... though in small town Central Thailand the notary wanted 3000 baht and more... and US Consul wanted 1500 baht...  

Notarization of a passport is a very common procedure. Any lawyer can do it. Surely there are some in Ubon?

They take a copy of your passport photo page and state on it that they have seen the original and put a stamp on it. They provide a copy of their credentials as part of the job, so you typically have two documents to take away.

Have done this a few times in Chiang Mai. Cost 1,500 baht. If that price is any better than another you find and you want to travel all the way to CM, PM me for the lawyer's contact details. I am not in any way related!

Edited by Antonymous

Steve, you could go to the provincial court house and ask if there is a lawyer on site or do they have a contact for a local english speaking lawyer.

or you can contact issanlawyers.

image.png.14c786b743d3c0a53c8893a39a1d2f07.png

Address: Phadaeng Rd, Nai Mueang, Mueang Ubon Ratchathani District, Ubon Ratchathani 34000

image.png.28db225bc6d707f3ad6beb9e35b3080f.png

My Thai is not good enough to walk into the courthouse and ask if there is a spare lawyer who might be able to notarise some papers for me. IsaanLawyers are closed for a few days so looks like I will be finding a way to get to Bangkok where it seems there are hundreds of places who can do it.

• Confused 1

Good luck in trying to get to Bangkok. Over the years there have been several threads here on this site about English speaking lawyers in Ubon. Maybe do a quick search. I don't use English speaking lawyers as I have a very good Thai-speaking only lawyer for my needs. You could visit the Faculty of Law at Ubon Ratcharthani University but I guess they will be closed for the weekend and on next weeks public holidays. Some years ago I got a lawyer to notarise some papers for me. He is on Chayangkul road near Kilo Soon. Coming down the road from the northern direction on the left hand side just before the intersection of Chayangkul and Sappasit road. Part of the office is a shop selling things for the monks. 

Steve. Along Phalorangrit Road at, I think, the junction with Thepyothi Road is a lawyer. (East side of the old town heading to UbonRak hospital). He certified my docs 5 years ago also provided signed copy of his credentials. 

• Thanks 1