Should I be concerned - old beer ?

OneeyedJohn

I have 150 big bottles of Chang, all manufactured on 06/03/2020.

Should I be concerned that I may get sick drinking this old beer as the prohibition month of May progresses?

My health is all that matters in this repressive and totalitarian country that I can't wait to get out of.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, vogie said:

You have no cause for concern whatsoever, kept in the fridge should last up to 2 years past it sell by date, however if you have any doubts I would be willing to sacrifice myself and drink it for you, in the interest of science of course

I will PM u my address, or perhaps you trace my location from my IP as some smart <deleted> suggested here in another thread.

Please don't come before midday as that would break my drinking rules.   Sun over the yardarm blah blah blah, it must be 5 o'clock somewhere <deleted>

• Haha 1

You are a funny guy. If your "health is all that matters" I am wondering why you have 150 big bottles of Chang at home. But if your health does not matter store the beer at a cooler and dark place. Fridge is good but not necessary if you don't want to keep it for many months. In respect of Chang and taste ... perhaps the few I had in my life were very old already. 

• Haha 1

I just try to amuse, have never taken myself seriously.

I am the youngest in my family so I guess I was spoilt.

Also the famous comedian and artist of the 50's Max Miller , aka The cheeky chappie is related to me, cousin , uncle whatever. I like risque jokes so maybe I inherited something from him.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
<deleted>
  • Haha 1

Beer does have a shelf life, However it should be fine under normal circumstances as it is only a couple of months old, however it will depend on how it was stored. Anyhow you will know if it's "off" as it will be Boomary, that's Australian and means it will taste awful and have a smell.