Manditory face mask if outside

david2923

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

I heard a similar thing from a wife who "read it somewhere", nothing in any official announcement.

I always wear a mask when outside in public anyway, it makes the locals feel good. 

Note that some area HAVE made it compulsory with 20k Baht fines for transgressors, but it's not nationwide.

MrsJ told me earlier that it was compulsory from 1st May ..she has just shown me a video from 'somewhere' like Disease Section of Health Control Center where a guy confirms masks to be worn by all when outside ... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

People should want to wear face masks all tbe time, mainly because it screws up all the facial recognition software that is now effectively everywhere. The coronavirus is also a good reason, but nowhere near as important as facial recognition. 

Where are all these facial recognition cameras then?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Where are all these facial recognition cameras then?

If you could see them, they wouldn't be very effective, would they? It's to the point some airlines were doing away with boarding passes because they were using facial recognition. You may not see them in Isaan but check the streets/BTS in Bangkok, they're everywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Its a good idea in densely populated places though most people have no idea how to manage the mask and are re-wearing the same mask day-after-day and would expect it it handled unsafely and sits on top of other used masks without ever cleaning or disinfecting.  Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.  If WHO is to be believed.  Not sure where copper surfaces are to be wary of! Perhaps in a beer brewery or other process plant?

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

Requirement to wear mask when outside just confirmed on CCSA English briefing...

Did they say anything about inside private vehicles?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Did they say anything about inside private vehicles?

I only heard the normal must wear in newly opened businesses.  Did not hear, what I have heard before, that they must be worn when outside home.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=2483832788596775&ref=watch_permalink

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

If you could see them, they wouldn't be very effective, would they? It's to the point some airlines were doing away with boarding passes because they were using facial recognition. You may not see them in Isaan but check the streets/BTS in Bangkok, they're everywhere.

"If you could see them, they wouldn't be very effective, would they?...but check the streets/BTS in Bangkok, they're everywhere".

Huh?  "If you could see them...".   "Check the streets, they're everywhere..."?  Bit of a contradiction there, can they be seen or not?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did not hear, what I have heard before, that they must be worn when outside home.

It did seem to be just a passing mention, but sensible anyway, nothing about inside private vehicles.

But you MUST check your local requirements, the CCSA standards are the minimum.

6 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Before you couldn't wear a mask in a bank - - now you can't go in w/o a mask...

Sure it gets confusing but it is a matter of being polite to others at this point,,, 

No way am I going into a back with this on....

SAM_2492.thumb.JPG.0ca3100bdc1520a5761f7fa5cf892bef.JPG

The police are stopping cars in Banglamung to check if everyone in the car is wearing a mask if not they are handling out tickets. Also you cannot enter any Mall without wearing a mask in Pattaya. That is a requirement under the new regulations issued from 1st May for visits to any shop, barber or mall etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

There's a bit of a contradiction here. First you say 'If you could see them, they wouldn't be very effective, would they?'

Then later, you say 'check the streets streets/BTS in Bangkok, they're everywhere'. 

Get my drift?

I've been reading up on 'smart airports' where these cameras can speed up the processing time as passengers move through the system. Good idea, but FR cameras everywhere? No, I don't think so.

Only China seems to be moving toward that 'big brother' era on a large scale at the moment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Crossy said:

I heard a similar thing from a wife who "read it somewhere", nothing in any official announcement.

I always wear a mask when outside in public anyway, it makes the locals feel good. 

Note that some area HAVE made it compulsory with 20k Baht fines for transgressors, but it's not nationwide.

Correct, especially as we are foreigners and should show how smart we are !