Manditory face mask if outside

david2923

4 hours ago, jmccarty said:

Its a good idea in densely populated places though most people have no idea how to manage the mask and are re-wearing the same mask day-after-day and would expect it it handled unsafely and sits on top of other used masks without ever cleaning or disinfecting.  Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.  If WHO is to be believed.  Not sure where copper surfaces are to be wary of! Perhaps in a beer brewery or other process plant?

Cloth masks can be re-washed in soap and water and are good to go, surgical masks can be hung out in Thailands intense ( direct) sunlight and the utra violet C rays should kill the virus in less than 30 mins

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8252701/Coronavirus-dies-SUNLIGHT-just-minutes-reveals-striking-study.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/sunlight-humidity-kill-coronavirus-fastest-scientists-200424065853466.html

Edited by Tony125

9 hours ago, gargamon said:

People should want to wear face masks all tbe time, mainly because it screws up all the facial recognition software that is now effectively everywhere. The coronavirus is also a good reason, but nowhere near as important as facial recognition. 

I'll be wearing them permanently. I look better in selfies.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

No.  It's up to you.  Some stores and banks will require you to wear one but that's up to them.

I was pulled over the other day in town south of Hua Hin. They gave me <deleted> for not wearing my mask inside my truck. 20k fine if seen without again I was told. So?! It’s up to who ever sees you and how they want there pay check to look like. 

57 minutes ago, redwood1 said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

There's a bit of a contradiction here. First you say 'If you could see them, they wouldn't be very effective, would they?'

Then later, you say 'check the streets streets/BTS in Bangkok, they're everywhere'. 

Get my drift?

I've been reading up on 'smart airports' where these cameras can speed up the processing time as passengers move through the system. Good idea, but FR cameras everywhere? No, I don't think so.

Only China seems to be moving toward that 'big brother' era on a large scale at the moment.

57 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I guess you have not heard of contact tracing...

You'd need to be living in a cave without internet not to have heard of 'contact tracing' just lately.

But I've not heard of facial recognition being used in this context. But if it has been and it's worked then more power to them.

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Fines can go higher than 20,000 baht.  Up to 100,000 baht in Chon Buri  Just wear a mask

Makes me glad I returned to Australia, very few people wearing masks here, not even most supermarket cashiers. Do you think that compulsory mask wearing will be eventually lifted along with other restrictions, or will it continue indefinitely? I imagine they make even moderately intense exercise impossible. Maybe when beaches and pools are opened, swimming will be the only way people can exercise (presumably mask not compulsory while swimming!)

Edited by CygnusX1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Makes me glad I returned to Australia, very few people wearing masks here, not even most supermarket cashiers. Do you think that compulsory mask wearing will be eventually lifted along with other restrictions, or will it continue indefinitely? I imagine they make even moderately intense exercise impossible. Maybe when beaches and pools are opened, swimming will be the only way people can exercise (presumably mask not compulsory while swimming!)

I am sure people in all countries will eventually be required to wear masks....What better advertising is there for the whole Coved extravaganza....Than required facemasks....

Edited by redwood1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, WcCaptain said:

I was pulled over the other day in town south of Hua Hin. They gave me <deleted> for not wearing my mask inside my truck. 20k fine if seen without again I was told. So?! It’s up to who ever sees you and how they want there pay check to look like. 

In a taxi, I'd understand..but a private car? So really you need to wear it at home then. *** stupid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worrab said:

Compulsory in Prachuap Khiri Khan province. 20,000THB fine if not wearing one outside.

What about in your garden? Nice little earner for the govenors in those provinces. 

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

No.  It's up to you.  Some stores and banks will require you to wear one but that's up to them.

It depends on where you're staying. In Chonburi everybody is required to wear a face mask when going outside. There's an up to 20k fine if not wearing it. It's the same in several provinces. If you and others here at TV read local news online you would know. 

Most Thai's go on speculation not facts, they read to much <deleted> on social media,the facts tell up that most of the virus is spread by hands so the the chance of someone haven the virus and sneezing /coughing over you is very low. Matter of fact wearing mask can spread the virus if you have it, Must Thai have got it in their thick sculls that virus is Airborne and ill be dammed if I'm going to wear a mast in a car on a bike walking up a road or been somewhere i want to be (in reason), if they don't like it, they can walk the other way.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It depends on where you're staying. In Chonburi everybody is required to wear a face mask when going outside. There's an up to 20k fine if not wearing it. It's the same in several provinces. If you and others here at TV read local news online you would know. 

I see many people not wearing face masks in Pattaya.....20k yea right.... Many Thais dont seem to know and could care less.....

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Your wrong, it's up to 100,000 baht fine in Chonburi Province in which Pattaya is part of.

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I see many people not wearing face masks in Pattaya.....20k yea right.... Many Thais dont seem to know and could care less.....

And they won't be the ones being fined up to 100,000 baht and or a year in jail, farangs will. Why chance it?

And they won't be the ones being fined up to 100,000 baht and or a year in jail, farangs will. Why chance it?

Some people I have seen enjoy living dangerously.....

Edited by redwood1

8 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

So I guess muff diving will be exempt ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

200 baht tea money fine at most. That's if the poor bastards can afford it.  

10 hours ago, DavisH said:

What about in your garden? Nice little earner for the govenors in those provinces. 

Good thought but no. Only if outside your property, in the road, in the car etc.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, gargamon said:

People should want to wear face masks all tbe time, mainly because it screws up all the facial recognition software that is now effectively everywhere. The coronavirus is also a good reason, but nowhere near as important as facial recognition. 

Unless your on a wanted list somewhere or have something to hide what is the concern?

On 5/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, lopburi3 said:

Source:  Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (April 29, 2020)

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-april-30-2020/

US Embassy point #7 Thai regulations require you to wear a mask in public. 

Key Points on COVID-19: 

• Widespread ongoing transmission of a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is occurring globally.
  • The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel.
  • Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions are at increased risk for severe disease.
  • There may be limited access to adequate medical care in affected areas of Thailand.
  • In the future, U.S. residents may have difficulty returning to the United States.
  • Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
  • Thai regulations now require the wearing of face masks in public.
  • All international travelers should stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health, and practice social distancing.

For more the most up-to-date information visit the CDC page on Novel Coronavirus and the CDC Travelers Health Page for travelers to Thailand.  Information is also available through the World Health Organization.

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-april-30-2020/

US Embassy point #7 Thai regulations require you to wear a mask in public. 

Key Points on COVID-19: 

• Widespread ongoing transmission of a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is occurring globally.
  • The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel.
  • Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions are at increased risk for severe disease.
  • There may be limited access to adequate medical care in affected areas of Thailand.
  • In the future, U.S. residents may have difficulty returning to the United States.
  • Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
  • Thai regulations now require the wearing of face masks in public.
  • All international travelers should stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health, and practice social distancing.

For more the most up-to-date information visit the CDC page on Novel Coronavirus and the CDC Travelers Health Page for travelers to Thailand.  Information is also available through the World Health Organization.

Tony125 it does not matter what you post some people just dont like facemasks.....

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Tony125 it does not matter what you post some people just dont like facemasks.....

And it really doesn't matter  what they like, (or I like) the regulations have been  set up and our own embassies have verified that masks  must be worn in public. Failure to do so may get you arrested , fined or both. I am not having some <deleted> off broke Thai Police officer  stop me/arrest  and fine me because he's in a bad mood. Plus I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court as the regs have been posted and our embassies have warned us.

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

And it really doesn't matter  what they like, (or I like) the regulations have been  set up and our own embassies have verified that masks  must be worn in public. Failure to do so may get you arrested , fined or both. I am not having some <deleted> off broke Thai Police officer  stop me/arrest  and fine me because he's in a bad mood. Plus I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court as the regs have been posted and our embassies have warned us.

Well I wonder how many people I will see today without masks?

Edited by redwood1

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Unless your on a wanted list somewhere or have something to hide what is the concern?

Nobody saw anything wrong with Facebook getting all your data either, with a very similar argument. Look where that got in just a few years...  Some people are a bit slow to learn from their own and other people's m8stakes.