Manditory face mask if outside

david2923

Lots of people running/walking without masks in Chatuchak and Railway park this morning (May 3rd). They just take them off after passing the cameras/temp check at the entrance. I am not sure whether it is actually compulsory here, unless for instance the MRT where everyone wears one.

7 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Lots of people running/walking without masks in Chatuchak and Railway park this morning (May 3rd). They just take them off after passing the cameras/temp check at the entrance. I am not sure whether it is actually compulsory here, unless for instance the MRT where everyone wears one.

People just get board with the masks...

On 5/2/2020 at 7:37 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

When in Rome etc. If everyone else is wearing one it behooves all to wear one, or suffer unintended consequences.

Where i am hardly anyone does so I'm happy not to wear one in public, but I carry one just in case.

It's obvious not a spec of thought as been given to the reasons of wearing a mask.  The smallest amount of spit into the air can be detrimental . Coughs and sneezes spreads diseases. 

I have a virus that will not go away and it's quite contagious. Cold Sore. so when l have one it's essential l wear a mask. 

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

I have a virus that will not go away and it's quite contagious. Cold Sore. so when l have one it's essential l wear a mask.

yes, one must be careful when with a girl as it can be hazardous and especially so from pattaya bars.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:10 PM, gargamon said:

People should want to wear face masks all tbe time, mainly because it screws up all the facial recognition software that is now effectively everywhere. The coronavirus is also a good reason, but nowhere near as important as facial recognition. 

China is developing software that knows who you are with a mask on. Perhaps we can start wearing something under the mask that will still confuse Big Brother.

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, superal said:

Have to tell you I have had a tooth ache for 4 days and today plucked up courage to visit the dentist . The first one I went to said they do not want foreign patients .

On 5/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, superal said:

Have to tell you I have had a tooth ache for 4 days and today plucked up courage to visit the dentist . The first one I went to said they do not want foreign patients . The second dentist where I have been to 3 years ago and they had my records .

That's bizarre. I called a reputable BKK dentist about broken tooth at 9am. And by 2pm they had 3 assistants and NYU-trained Thai dentist doing extraction for 3.200 baht, inclusive of x-rays. 

On 5/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, cormanr7 said:

Lots of people running/walking without masks in Chatuchak and Railway park this morning (May 3rd). They just take them off after passing the cameras/temp check at the entrance. 

Masks can be suffocating when running, biking, walking hard. Use your judgement.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, Geeyore said:

Masks can be suffocating when running, biking, walking hard. Use your judgement.

Yep. I see it every morning approaching Lumpini. And I'm not complaining, because masks can be suffocating during exercise in this weather. Like you said, use judgement. Mine comes down, not off, if no one is within 10-20 meters. And the unmasked get as much space from me as is possible. 

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

SBC Public Health on Twitter: "The CDC does not recommend masks ...

The problem with that is most people who are actually infected do not know it (or only after being contagious for days) - very bad advice during a pandemic but used months ago by those who knew there was no supply of masks.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

It's absolutely insane to require masks for people walking about on footpaths or alone / with family in some setting distanced from others. The only thing more inane is wearing masks in private cars.

It just goes to show how government ministers, officials don't understand how communicable disease spreads other than vd. The general population is entirely ignorant as well.

What's worse I think the virus is largely gone from Bangkok outside the more dicey slum areas.

Add to this the officials caught red handed in black market operations of masks.

I've said it for year's this emerging market is no longer emerging. There might be growth after Thailand sorts itself out in a few years but the education so lacking all it can do is borrow from the West. No innovation. New model:  Philippines.

Fines?! Is there an actual statutory law on the books covering masks and fines? Doubt. Just pocket money BiB.

when i was an idiot i had the same kind of ideas about swimming pool.

why forcing people living in the condo where pool is located or even hotels customers to shower just before swimming ?

Because we do not know and do not wish to wonder if you took a shower in your room before swimming !

just shower in front of people and then everybody will feel safe ! People who do not understand this are plain idiots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

SBC Public Health on Twitter: "The CDC does not recommend masks ...

Stop trying to twist information to suit your beliefs. The WHO and CDC originally stated the above but later the CDC reversed thier  statement as more was learned about the virus and masks also became more available.

Santa Babrbara reverses statement on face masks

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article241755066.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

https://www.livescience.com/cdc-recommends-face-masks-coronavirus.html

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-16/l-a-county-now-requires-residents-to-wear-face-coverings-here-are-the-details

Edited by Tony125
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Stop trying to twist information to suit your beliefs. The WHO and CDC originally stated the above but later the CDC reversed thier  statement as more was learned about the virus and masks also became more available.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-16/l-a-county-now-requires-residents-to-wear-face-coverings-here-are-the-details

Wearing a mask is an unhygienic and dangerous practice which is more likely to make you sick. Covering your respiratory passages undermines a strong immune system and only makes you more susceptible to disease especially when winter bugs strike again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I read this and what I’m seeing is if you are getting in area of close proximity of others pull the mask over your face. But I see nothing saying if your in a car or if your going for a walk or sitting on the beach with nobody around for half a football field to wear a mask. 
around here all the ants in the nest do as one and figure what there told is the all Buddha. If half of the people would use there heads we all would be JUST fine with this FLU!!

• Haha 1

I just read that in US food preparers don't wear masks bc they will constantly be bothering with them. Touching the mask, their face, the food...

Kinda like being out and about in 37c heat although Thai well accustomed over the years wearing masks to fend off the atrocious air. Go team Thailand.

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Wearing a mask is an unhygienic and dangerous practice which is more likely to make you sick. Covering your respiratory passages undermines a strong immune system and only makes you more susceptible to disease especially when winter bugs strike again.

Once again your personal belief but  all my links were resent reports from CDC and Santa Baraba City not an old one you dug up that said the CDC and Santa Barbara City did not require wearing a mask. SO you knew it had been updated  stating they recomened masks but you posted old outdated info anyway. Basically "you lied"

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Once again your personal belief but  all my links were resent reports from CDC and Santa Baraba City not an old one you dug up that said the CDC and Santa Barbara City did not require wearing a mask. SO you knew it had been updated  stating they recomened masks but you posted old outdated info anyway. Basically "you lied"

Well come now......I think Lie is a very strong word.....I did not know Santa Barbra had updated their mask info....Thats all....

On 5/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, redwood1 said:

Fact check: Face masks do not weaken the immune system

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-face-masks-not-224207346.html

Hong Kong, a city of 7.5 million people, one of the densest cities in the world, borders mainland China, has been fighting this since January, only has had 1,045 cases and only 4 deaths. Taiwan, population of 24 million, only had 440 cases, only 6 deaths. Hong Kong only partially closed their economies, and Taiwan never closed their economies, both had robust testing, contact tracing and quarantine from the start, but guess what they had from the beginning also? EVERYONE THERE WORE MASKS! They medical community in Hong Kong recommended everyone wear a mask where ever they are in public (inside and outside), and all their citizens wore masks. The only people that didn?t wear masks in Hong Kong were expatriate foreigners, and guess what? There was an outbreak in the foreign expatriate community. Taiwan required everyone to wear masks. The US has loose guideline, lack of testing and contact tracing capabilities, and A HUGE PORTION OF THE COUNTRY AREN?T WEARING MASKS! And now we have 1.32 million cases and 78,185 deaths and growing every day. PEOPLE IN THE US, SUCK IT UP AND WEAR YOUR F---ING MASKS!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 8:39 AM, StevieAus said:

Unless your on a wanted list somewhere or have something to hide what is the concern?

To quote Mr Suckerberg: "I know what you did last summer, last month, last week, yesterday, today. Naughty boy, it's in your file now." ???? 

On 5/2/2020 at 4:51 PM, Mulambana said:

I told a farang in my condo not to talk to me on the corridor without a mask. He was upset. 

He or you or anyone can talk to me with or without mask.

Preferably without so that I can understand what you say.

Official NZ government position on masks is that the evidence does not support wearing them, but up to you if want to.

Just heard on the radio from the press conference allowing NZ to level 2 on Thursday.

I understand that will upset those that believe masks are an important way of preventing infection, but without any scientific backing ( that I'm aware of ) for their position.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, Petr21 said:

Medical mask - a medical device covering the mouth and nose of a carrier with a filter that protects against inhalation of aerosols with viruses and bacteria!

Most of the masks people wear do not protect against much as they allow air in and out from the sides.