Phuket exodus halted as officials overwhelmed, close bridge

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, sead said:

So with all the police I start asking myself. Is Phuket a state in Thailand? Why do they need to stop all vehicles. Checkpoint for what reason?

As an Island there can be access made by many illegals by watercraft, many undesirables that have been deported, also  try and enter this way, and the Police checkpoint is at the Sarasin Bridge location where they have always checked vehicles.  Many illegal products are also brought into Phuket by boat, and then they try and truck them into Thailand itself.....Just another view on why they have a checkpoint at that location... 

17 minutes ago, sead said:

So with all the police I start asking myself. Is Phuket a state in Thailand? Why do they need to stop all vehicles. Checkpoint for what reason?

Actually, they don't.    I must have been through there hundreds of times over the years and never stopped once.   Usually there are only 2 or 3 police present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really?, it does not make sense to you.  Think about this then:  On the drive they stop somewhere to buy food or go to the restroom during the long a.. ride to Udon from Phuket, and possibly become infected by a asymptomatic carrier, did you think about this possibility?

Which is different from people moving from other areas with no new infections how?

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Which is different from people moving from other areas with no new infections how?

There isn't, its why provinces have set up the 14 day quarantines, because they believe in the possibility of someone becoming infected on the trip through another Area where there are no restrictions......

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There isn't, its why provinces have set up the 14 day quarantines, because they believe in the possibility of someone becoming infected on the trip through another Area where there are no restrictions......

True.

2 hours ago, jvs said:

You are sooo wrong!Look what is going on around you,the Thai people are massively ignoring any warnings.

They let people leave to their home but the home province does not let them in!

I have said this many times before,if everything runs well Thailand does great.As soon as something goes wrong no one seems to have a clue.

We need a government with both balls and a brain,probably a woman.

They could not organise a F%$# in a Brothel.. oh hang on... yes they can

• Haha 1

When you look at the complete incompetence, the absolute <deleted> people have to go through for visas, renewals and extensions, its shows the incompetence, ineptitude, lack of organisation, of the entire process.. they planned for 2500 today and 2500 tomorrow..

idiots complete idiots.. 

I spent 3 months in Myanmar, they have simple visa process, easy renewal, and apply visa extensions for overstays... The Govenor thought 2500 people. 555555555555

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I seem to remember the same things being said when people were allowed to leave Bangkok.

No "Flip Flop" on TVF just constant whinging.

And justifying so too.

A troop of Boy Scouts could do better than this shower. They make more U-turns in a day than all the vehicles in BKK do in a week.

This of course is an exaggeration but it gives you the idea of what the Thai people have to put up with.

1 hour ago, sead said:

They take a photo of every vehicle leave or arrive the island. Used to thwart criminal enterprises. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

All about control, nothing else, since this virus situation arose, everything the powers that be here have sought to do is control.

They just want the peasants to know, we are in control.

Hanlon's razor.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really?, it does not make sense to you.  Think about this then:  On the drive they stop somewhere to buy food or go to the restroom during the long a.. ride to Udon from Phuket, and possibly become infected by a asymptomatic carrier, did you think about this possibility?

This was also suggested by many not long ago with the Bangkok mass exodus, they were all proved wrong when the rapid spread of the virus into the northern villages did not happen, despite Bangkok at the time being rife with the virus.

if it did not happen then it’s not going to happen this time. Let these jobless people go home to their families where they will have homes, with no rent to pay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, taxin said:

This was also suggested by many not long ago with the Bangkok mass exodus, they were all proved wrong when the rapid spread of the virus into the northern villages did not happen, despite Bangkok at the time being rife with the virus.

if it did not happen then it’s not going to happen this time. Let these jobless people go home to their families where they will have homes, with no rent to pay.

I am so glad that they have tested all those that died, like my 3 family members at the end of February (Not tested) and were incinerated just outside of Udon Thani, and all those others of millions of tests you believe they have done and proved to the world they have no problem here.....good on you to believe what you do.  Stay safe...(Sarcasm is thick in this post)

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am so glad that they have tested all those that died, like my 3 family members at the end of February (Not tested) and were incinerated just outside of Udon Thani, and all those others of millions of tests you believe they have done and proved to the world they have no problem here.....good on you to believe what you do.  Stay safe...(Sarcasm is thick in this post)

That was end of February right at the thick of it, a time that had practically zero measures in place. We are into May now and Phuket is starting to relax on what has been some of the strictest lock down measures in the country.

I guess the doom sayers out there can’t (and won’t) accept this pandemic will be over soon.

4 minutes ago, taxin said:

That was end of February right at the thick of it, a time that had practically zero measures in place. We are into May now and Phuket is starting to relax on what has been some of the strictest lock down measures in the country.

I guess the doom sayers out there can’t (and won’t) accept this pandemic will be over soon.

Yet Phuket has another 3 cases today.......so go on please tell us more....

A true way to tell would be random sampling in each province as that would give the best indication of how widespread the virus is in the population.

Edited by ThailandRyan

One of the comments in the article read: "Can you imagine how they would cope should a natural disaster such as a tsunami occur."

Someone in need of a history lesson?

18 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I cannot wait for the movie....  “ Escape from Phuket. ”

The Full Story link is worth a read.... proof one cannot fix stupid.

To think that people PAY to go there on vacation, yet 40,000 want to leave!

If you've been there you will understand why. Another tropical paradise trashed by money-grabbing, uncontrolled mass tourism.

Why is the Thai government doing these nonsensical, badly thought out, badly implemented, uncoordinated attempts to get in people's faces?

Get out of people's faces if you are not intelligent enough to do anything useful!

Edited by Ketyo

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet Phuket has another 3 cases today.......so go on please tell us more....

A true way to tell would be random sampling in each province as that would give the best indication of how widespread the virus is in the population.

So Thailand had 3 more cases today, so Thailand needs to stay isolated from everywhere else for 2 more weeks.

13 hours ago, taxin said:

Why the need to quarantine when they have already been locked down in Phuket for the past 2 months ? The strictest and only province in Thailand that recently had a sub district lock down ? Makes no sense.

You do not know how it has been in Buriram and the Nan Provinces then...

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

0.46% the vast majority recover and this figure doesn't include all those that got it and simply stayed home for 2 weeks and recovered. Much Ado about Nothing.

I think we have got past the nonsense claiming how harmless it is, the 250,000 people that have died is a pretty big clue. 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

And justifying so too.

A troop of Boy Scouts could do better than this shower. They make more U-turns in a day than all the vehicles in BKK do in a week.

This of course is an exaggeration but it gives you the idea of what the Thai people have to put up with.

Glad to see you are still around Bill, hadn't seen your name for a bit and beginning to wonder.

• Like 1

A man dies from a motorbike injuries and it's recorded as Covid19, that's the standard these days.

There is a lot, a real lot of dodgy Covid19 statistics.

Lets hope the Tuk Tuk and Jetski mafia go home and never come back.

• Haha 1