Phuket exodus halted as officials overwhelmed, close bridge

snoop1130

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Glad to see you are still around Bill, hadn't seen your name for a bit and beginning to wonder.

Thanks Sandy. I have been a bit bored with TVF lately so I just skim it and pass on a lot of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

So Thailand had 3 more cases today, so Thailand needs to stay isolated from everywhere else for 2 more weeks.

Shhhh- you know people with no connection to Phuket need to vent on here with their superior 'knowledge'.????

6 pages of piffle so far- I've failed to notice any of them actually affected by the exodus farce. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Shhhh- you know people with no connection to Phuket need to vent on here with their superior 'knowledge'.????

6 pages of piffle so far- I've failed to notice any of them actually affected by the exodus farce. ????

You never get bored coming out with the same waffle every post?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

So true, completely unaffected and have zero connection with Phuket, yet seem to know what is best and how it should be handled.

I would guess most of the people commenting have never been to Phuket, they are probably unaware that 90% of the Thai work force in Phuket are actually not from Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians......   Let's form a committee to investigate the committee that supposed to overlook the committee that is directing the committee to handle the debogle of the committee that was doing the opening of the bridge from Phuket.  

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

I cannot wait for the movie....  “ Escape from Phuket. ”

The Full Story link is worth a read.... proof one cannot fix stupid.

To think that people PAY to go there on vacation, yet 40,000 want to leave!

I agree you can't fix stupid. Why not just process everyone waiting their turn in line? Lazy police have to work too hard? They take the following day for holiday then reopen on Sunday. Idiots!

17 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I agree you can't fix stupid. Why not just process everyone waiting their turn in line? Lazy police have to work too hard? They take the following day for holiday then reopen on Sunday. Idiots!

Yet another who has little knowledge of the situation here in Phuket.

There are vast numbers of people who wish to get to their home provinces, and a plan was initially put into place to register them, and their destination provinces would be informed of their intent to travel.

On Friday, neighboroughing provinces were not happy with people arriving/transiting without having a medical clearance certificate.   The call was made to suspend people exiting Phuket until a national agreement for repatriation documentation, 14 day quarantine period required was reached.   This was done yesterday, and a system of registration/medical clearance rolled out, to be obtained either online or in person through the local district offices.   

The whole point of this is to try and ensure that those leaving do not find themselves in the situation of some of those on Friday, who having left Phuket found themselves in i.e. can't get home and can't get back to Phuket.

I'm not a fan of Thai police, though in this instance they are present to maintain order/conduct checks, and are not providing the administration themselves.   That is local government personnel and volunteers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 8:53 AM, BobBKK said:

0.46% the vast majority recover and this figure doesn't include all those that got it and simply stayed home for 2 weeks and recovered. Much Ado about Nothing.

no there was a lot of power play there, but now going back to normal

On 5/2/2020 at 4:07 PM, GAZZPA said:

I think we have got past the nonsense claiming how harmless it is, the 250,000 people that have died is a pretty big clue. 

DYOR against normal flu deaths, cancers and hear attacks THEN find out why they are entering C19 on death certs.