Thailand to lift alcohol sales ban on Sunday

26 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Thai immigration will be overseeing operation Barmaid at selective outlets. Non Thai nationals will need to bring a copy of the Royal Gazette with them and read out the declaration. They will also need copies of their black green and pink books , 2 translated copies of their last high school report and have a bank statement showing they have 3 million baht in a Thai bank for the last 90 days. The bank statement must not be older than 8 and a half minutes.

And of course you can only buy between 10 PM and 4 AM

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Information in the link is incorrect. Royal holidays are not Buddha holidays, alcohol ban is not applicable.

It is on royal birthday public holidays.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

You could care less? That implies you care quite a lot. You're an alcoholic? Or did you mean you couldn't care less?

Maybe learn to use the expression correctly before being condescending to people who are annoyed by their freedoms being removed. 

Go easy on him, he's foreign.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Big Deal, Can’t go without a drink , geezus 

That is your own issue. I am a very light drinker, but I do not tell other people what they should or should not do. Some like a drink more than others. So what? It is their life, their body and their free will.

I rejoice at this liberty regained. I just do not want big brother telling me what I can and cannot do. Thailand along with South Africa were the only two nations in the world to impose this insane ban. Thankfully that bit of repression is behind us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

is that any good? i don't drink anything that does not have a cork. 

I have to say that the Australian screwcap wines are actually very good.  This was a good bottle.  Another good red is from Rook's Lane and its a Shiraz.  Excellent wines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Unfortunately I'm hearing the same now.

You have got to love ThaiVisa. You here where? Please publish your official source of this gem of information.

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i just read that CEO of CP Thanin Chearavanont owners of 7-11 which sells alcohol - pledges 700 million baht to assist the government fight against Covid-19.

Snap 555 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i just read that CEO of CP Thanin Chearavanont owners of 7-11 which sells alcohol - pledges 700 million baht to assist the government fight against Covid-19.

How is that relevant? Alcohol is a small part of their business.

Edited by jimn

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

????????????????He tested the water with the populace, trying to show his power, control and might, and has realised he made one big <deleted> up !

I hope he makes many, many more <deleted> ups !

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

The proposed ban was never going to happen.

It was a threat to get the breweries in line after prayut sent them a letter asking for the top 20 to  chip in.

He got rebuffed so gave them a hint of what could happen.

Chip in or lose a hell of a lot more. 

19 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Alright smart <deleted> but it always was for number 9 and his Mrs. 

No it wasn't, and it never has been. Only days alcohol sales are banned are official Buddha holidays and election days. Best to quit while you're behind.