Metropolitan Water Authority (MWA) Deposit Refund Available 1 May 2020

Pib

MWA in Bangkok opened its website 1 May 2020 to apply for water deposit refund.   Apparently only available if your water acct is in a Thai national's name.  Like our home's water acct which is in the Thai wife's name.  Website below...it all in Thai but Google Translate helps greatly.

https://www.mwa.co.th/

Very easy to apply for the refund.  Just enter your water acct number from your water bill, first name, last name, and Thai ID card on the first screen.  If that data matches with MWA's records then a screen appears to enter phone number, email address, and method/bank acct number/etc., to pay the refund to.  Name on MWA acct must match the name on your bank acct otherwise the bank will reject the payment.  Then the last screen provides a confirmation number and amount of refund.  Our refund is Bt600 to be direct deposited to the wife's bank acct.  It didn't say when, but I expect that will occur over the next week or two.

It's basically identical to how the MEA (electric company) refund process worked where we got a Bt4,000 refund which took less than a week from online application to the money being deposited in the bank acct.

• Thanks 1

I filled out the form and it didn't recognize my wifes ID card number so I submitted the inquiry. The response was to wait upto 15 days for a reply then log back on the system to check for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: submitted for water deposit refund 1 May....see my opening post for more details.  Refund received in bank acct via direct deposit/transfer 21 May/Thursday  

However, when checking the MWA website for refund deposit status as of afternoon of 22 May/Friday it still shows refund status as "Data Checking In Progress" like it's shown for weeks.  So, the MWA sites does not reflect the very latest status....probably/maybe will in the coming days.  Since the MWA may not reflect the latest status be sure to check your bank acct for the refund as it just might have arrived already for those that applied for the water deposit refund.

Another update: got a SMS today from MWA saying the refund has occurred.  However, when checking their webpage for status it still shows "Data Checking in Progress."    Maybe in a few more business days their webpage refund status page will catch up/reflect the refund occurred two days ago.