are gyms included in the list

Yabiaomer

Gyms were mentioned in the list of businesses to be opened in one of the recent government statements printed in Thai English language media.

However, your specific gym ? Your specific province ? Who knows ?

I use the fitness center in the Centara/Duangtawan Hotel; I assume that it will stay closed until the hotel re-opens.

Reuters yesterday said: UPDATE 1-Thailand to reopen some businesses as new coronavirus cases slow

~o:37;

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Check again, not all pools are chlorinated, is your statement true for non chlorinated pools?

If you are referring to salt water filtration systems, they are not directly chlorinated but the salt NACL is used in a chemical reaction to produce chlorine. What other swimming pools are not chlorinated ?

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

If you are referring to salt water filtration systems, they are not directly chlorinated but the salt NACL is used in a chemical reaction to produce chlorine. What other swimming pools are not chlorinated ?

my UV pool isn't 

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Wouldn't Ultraviolet light be acting as a disinfectant ?

yes.  Mine is a fresh water pool, protected by UV system.  I do drop a chlorine tab into the filter every now and again.  Chemical balance is fine,  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes.  Mine is a fresh water pool, protected by UV system.  I do drop a chlorine tab into the filter every now and again.  Chemical balance is fine,  

Im guessing that would make short work of Covid-19 just as well as a traditional chlorinated system

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Not necessarily.

Clearly there is no evidence either way. I used to work in a lab under microvoid hoods with UV lighting to keep a sterile field. If you didn't set up the shielding correctly you'd sunburn your eyelids.. So I'm gonna guess that'll kill viruses too.

Edited by tonray
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Pools in the other hand, if just lap or aerobic swimming a recent TN study stated one of the safer sports to do...

you are swimming in a diluted disinfectant...

No bug is a match for the pee of a thousand kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Pools in the other hand, if just lap or aerobic swimming a recent TN study stated one of the safer sports to do...

you are swimming in a diluted disinfectant...

Amongst other things. ????

13 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Amongst other things. ????

Good healthy exercise, when the pools reopen I will go back to my 800 meters per day. What's the point in worrying about what is in the water when you breathe smoke and particles that are at least 5 times levels that are considered harmful?

• Like 1

Gyms are included in the list of businesses allowed to reopen in Bangkok from today  (Sunday).

That's according to a report today in the Bangkok Post.

Hopefully authorities in Chiang Mai will take their cue from that.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Wandr said:

Gyms are included in the list of businesses allowed to reopen in Bangkok from today  (Sunday).

That's according to a report today in the Bangkok Post.

Hopefully authorities in Chiang Mai will take their cue from that.

No. Not permitted per Order of Temporary Closure of Premises (No.8) 2 May 2020 item 1.12 Fitness centres.