Non-O multiple Visa Amnesty Questions (based upon marriage)

You qualify for the amnesty and can stay until July 31st without doing anything at immigration.

If it is not extended again you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving and re-entering the country to a new 90 day entry prior to July 31st.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You qualify for the amnesty and can stay until July 31st without doing anything at immigration.

If it is not extended again you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving and re-entering the country to a new 90 day entry prior to

My non 0 marriage visa ends on june 6th with my next 90 day being on 28th may, can I still have waivered stay until 31 july and then hopefully go to savannahkhet to reapply for visa (if borders are open)?

Thank you for any replies

21 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

My non 0 marriage visa ends on june 6th with my next 90 day being on 28th may, can I still have waivered stay until 31 july and then hopefully go to savannahkhet to reapply for visa (if borders are open)?

Yes you qualify for the amnesty and can stay until July 31st.

No problem to get another visa after the borders open.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If it is not extended again you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving and re-entering the country to a new 90 day entry prior to July 31st.

thank you!

yes, will go out at July 31st, somewhere where safety about covid

I'm thinking if everyone has permission to stay until 31st July, there will be a mad rush in the weeks preceding this date.

My non-o multi based on marriage expires on 10th June with my current stamp ending on 22nd May.

Could I extend for 1 year a little before my current stamp ends to take advantage of the quiet period and beat the rush so to speak?

5 minutes ago, HTC said:

Could I extend for 1 year a little before my current stamp ends to take advantage of the quiet period and beat the rush so to speak?

Yes you could apply for a one year extension of stay.

Hi, I'm in the same situation, non O base upon marriage with 90 days extension stamp ending on 13 May 2020. Should I inform the immigration or there is nothing to do? a bit before the 1st July can I ask 60 days permission to visit my wife?

What about the Mukdahan border?

7 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Hi, I'm in the same situation, non O base upon marriage with 90 days extension stamp ending on 13 May 2020. Should I inform the immigration or there is nothing to do? a bit before the 1st July can I ask 60 days permission to visit my wife?

What about the Mukdahan border?

You can stay until July 31st. No need to do anything at immigration until then. You could apply for a 60 day extension shortly before then to avoid leaving and re-entering the country for a new entry.

The border crossing at Mukdahan is closed until further notice.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can stay until July 31st. No need to do anything at immigration until then. You could apply for a 60 day extension shortly before then to avoid leaving and re-entering the country for a new entry.

that's great, so it won't be considered overstay, thank you.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When they start the  90 day again will everybody have to do it on the same day .

5 minutes ago, muffy said:

When they start the  90 day again will everybody have to do it on the same day .

When they announce that it will not be extended beyound the July 31st they may set a date for everybody to leave or extend their stay by

I think though they will expect most people to of left by then if the borders are open before then.

20 minutes ago, BobbyBob said:

Do I need to physically go to the IO and get a stamp, or do I just let the date expire in my passport?

No need to go to immigration. The extension to July 31st is automatic.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 3:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

I'm not sure if I understand this correct. My situation is: on 22nd May I need a 60 day extension to visit my wife. So I will qualify for the amnesty and can stay until July 31st? I don't need to visit the Immigration? Is that correct?

Which part I don't understand is: Can I apply for another 60 day extension shortly before 31st July? Or do I have to leave and re-enter?

Edited by Steelhammer

1 minute ago, Steelhammer said:

I'm not sure if I understand this correct. My situation is: on 22nd May I need a 60 day extension to visit my wife. So I will qualify for the amnesty and can stay until July 31st? I don't need to visit the Immigration? Is that correct?

No need to apply for a 60 day extension until shortly before July 31st. No need to leave the country if you do that.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, HTC said:

That's good. I will attempt to do this.

Thanks.

I have done just that. I'm a great Advocate of Yearly Non O multi entry.

As it stops any hassle with provincial immigration offices. However after seeing what was happening re Covid-19 around the world before the Thai Government deemed fit to act I saw this coming and rather than wait for scraps from immigration via the Government. I opted to bite the bullet and get a one year extension based on Retirement (best of the two main evils). I am now safely ensconced and won't have to fight the boards as and when borders and Embassy/Consulate's re-open.

I can bide my time and return to NoN o multi as things settle down. If that takes a couple of years then so beit.

• Thanks 1

I have a multi-entry O Visa...couldn't do my 90-day at the end of March as the borders had all closed and I got a 60 day permit that expires 30 May...First, second, third reading of all the postings made me feel that I can stay until 31 July...then, several new posts got me confused again...I know that I am being stupid but my smarter cousin was Forest Gump...but, Can I stay or do I got to go...???

TIA!!! 

5 hours ago, Freddie G said:

I have a multi-entry O Visa...couldn't do my 90-day at the end of March as the borders had all closed and I got a 60 day permit that expires 30 May...First, second, third reading of all the postings made me feel that I can stay until 31 July...then, several new posts got me confused again...I know that I am being stupid but my smarter cousin was Forest Gump...but, Can I stay or do I got to go...???

TIA!!! 

You can stay until July 31st.

My stamp expires on June 3 (90-day ME marriage visa).

When is best for me to apply for my 60-day extension (I want to max out time here and have more time to prepare for my 1-year marriage visa extension later).

end of May

end of June

end of July

?

Joe is amazingly patient to answer the same questions over and over again by the way. Very much appreciated.

Edited by Falconator

7 minutes ago, Falconator said:

And no 90-day check-in needed right before June 3 for me, right?

Or should I still do an online 90-day check-in later this month just in case?

You do not need to do anything at immgration.

Glad I found this thread. I have a 1-year extension of stay  based on marriage that expires on May 29th. I want to extend it for another year. Do I qualify for amnesty to July 31st or do I have to go to immigration to renew it before May 29th?

4 minutes ago, cdnhawk said:

Do I qualify for amnesty to July 31st or do I have to go to immigration to renew it before May 29th?

You need to do your extension on or before the May 29th.