Can I now drive Loei to Sakaeo

happyaussie

I know this type of post was covered previously. But they were early April. Hoping things have changed or relaxed.

Does anyone know if it would be okay to drive from Loei to Sakaeo? I read somewhere that we should get an approval to drive out of our province from the district office. Is that true?

Thanks 

Correct: I have done the same as I will travel next week from Kao Yai to Pattaya . If you go by car you have to bring also the registration book of the car and the Id copy of the owner of the car. As well if someone will drive you to your destination u have to bring his/ her Id and driver license. Make a copy and let him/ her sign. You have to specify which day u will travel and for how many days. If you have to travel for any government reason they need to see a paper about that. For example I have to make a new book bank so I have show them the police report. The process will take few minutes and all free. For yourself just a copy of your photo page passport. 

Today I drove my vehicle from Chiang Rai to Ubon 1000 + km

Viewed some checkpoints up north but no one interested to do any checks, All the way from Khon Kaen to Ubon I observed none. If you travel alone with no Thai passengers its simple as the people at the check point speak only Thai and wave you through.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, happyaussie said:

Does anyone know if it would be okay to drive from Loei to Sakaeo?

if you do not have a essential reason to travel you have been asked not to by the Thai government. 

so you should at least have a good story made up if you are asked why you are traveling. 

if you are unlucky you maybe asked to quarantine for 14 days.

all of that being said, all the Thai people have hit the road for the holiday. 

EW_OhitUcAAVgPU.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday I drove about 20 minutes to a Tesco across the provincial line. Normal police road blocks were unmanned and nothing at the border line. I was out of gin and I haven't had a Martini in a month, so... essential travel.

For those interested, I just did the return trip. A few police checkpoints gathering beer money. 200baht no signing no paperwork. Heading South I noticed a few Covid19 checkpoints which were closed. On the return none. We began each trip at 9am. So. most driving done middle of the day. 

Plenty of traffic but not as much as usual.