Pattaya: friends in shock as associates of British man asked to come forward in murder of Thai woman

rooster59

21 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Highly doubt it. Thailand is corrupt, but this is a pretty brutal case. He might be able to pay and finish his sentence in NI at a best case scenario. Hope he rots though. 

I'm thinking back of a similar case of another Irishman who killed a working girl in patts years ago, got the money and got out, he later got convicted of attempted murder of an Irish woman in Dublin and is serving 14 years.

Edited by Rimmer
Banned link removed

12 minutes ago, honda99 said:

I'm thinking back of a similar case of another Irishman who killed a working girl in patts years ago, got the money and got out, he later got convicted of attempted murder of an Irish woman in Dublin and is serving 14 years.

It always surprises/disappoints me to find how corrupt they are. Thanks for sharing. 

18 hours ago, Kerryd said:

... The only real difference for most of you is that, if you drive 2 towns away from where you grew up, you probably won't be able to understand what anyone is saying !

I once attended a lecture by British writer Brian Jacques, who wrote the Redwall series of children's fantasy novels.  He told about traveling from place to place in England and having a hard time understanding local dialects. Fascinating, or frustrating ...

18 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

...But he had in his home a 23 inch Machete? Really? What kind of person has one of them in their home? Only a complete loser in my mind.

RIP to the poor girl. 

Anyone I knew in Thailand had a big knife around the house.  They are tools.  I have a Thai short sword with a 20 inch blade hanging on my wall.  I probably have 150 other "machetes" of various types laying around about the house.  I've helped forge a few and I've been accumulating them for over 40 years.  One time I was invited to speak English at a classroom of about 5th graders.  A farmer kid in back was playing with a short "machete" that had about an 8 inch blade.  No one paid any attention.  I've had two occasions over the years where police or soldiers asked me about transporting a knife with about a 10" blade (like the pointy one in the second pic).  Hey, it's just a knife!  How am I supposed to get it home? No problem.

The pic of the knife I saw didn't look like it was 23 inches.

image.jpeg.3353ef2255548215144abc15b336f279.jpeg  image.jpeg.8f0a6ba170b0bdc4a1db0143f2109fc6.jpeg

10 hours ago, honda99 said:

won't happen though as he is wealthy, if he can get his hands quickly on a few miliion baht i can see him getting away and out the country.

Getting out of the country may be harder at the moment. 

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how did she blackmail him? how did she attack him? what was the machete doing there? how can a thai girl overpower a big 6ft+ guy?

It just doesn't sound plausible that he couldn't of handled the situation without killing her

If he was in a right state of mind he probably would of handled the situation differently , however under the influence of drink and drugs that all goes out the window

Ive no doubt he has had a few days to think about "what if?"........and many more years to come to contemplate it.

Sad all around really..............

Edited by thaiflyer1

So has anyone actually admitted to actually being a "friend" of the guy ?

13 pages of posts and I don't recall anyone saying they actually knew him. The article in the OP mentions just the one Thai guy.

(Note - his house is in a sub-division "village" just off of Soi Khao Talo on the Darkside. Got to love how they publish a person's full address in the Thai media. Surprised they don't hang a big "Owner in jail, help yourself !" sign on the gate while they are at it !)

• 2 weeks later...