Pattaya: friends in shock as associates of British man asked to come forward in murder of Thai woman

rooster59

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Shocking case indeed and hopefully if he,s guilty (little doubt IMHO) he never sees light of day again....but why oh why do they have to drag him down to soi Buk. for a re-enactment when the actual murder took place miles away.......:whistling:

The light is better for photography, with a more dramatic juxtaposition of colors and textures.........

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Shocking case indeed and hopefully if he,s guilty (little doubt IMHO) he never sees light of day again....but why oh why do they have to drag him down to soi Buk. for a re-enactment when the actual murder took place miles away.......:whistling:

maybe because of social distancing 555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And was he barefoot? :glare:

Drugs and prostitutes. Bloody mix.

IMO believe the Police have him barefoot because either he was arrested without shoes, or to make it more difficult to escape without shoes, running barefoot is difficult task indeed on concrete...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably barefoot because he probably left his home (after murdering the woman) wearing flipflops, which may have come off when he had the accident, or were removed after he was taken to the hospital.

Edited by Kerryd

Not just that he took meth, but how much did he take?  If he does not do it often he may have no sense of his tolerance and did more than he could handle.  And then there's the coming down...

Oh yeah, and the insane paranoia, which is probably what the grisly assault was about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jadee said:

That's a really good theory - could have been the alcohol ban that led him to experimenting. Definitely needs testing. They don't call it yaba for nothing. He could have been a first timer and unaware of the effects. Or, he could have used before and maybe the bar girl had a strong batch and he had a bad trip - I don't really know how it works. 

Theory, could have , I don't really know how it works, they don't call it yaba for nothing.

What exactly are you trying to say?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

some may become more jovial, behave strange but harmless, etc. Others can become depressed, anti-social and downright violent. 

I have seen both the harmless and the violent types of alcohol addicts.

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I think alcohol ran out, this party girl offered yaba, he normally would say no and accepted this time. Then crazy.
Proper testing in hospital could show wether he used just once or more often.

We really need to know from their friends & associates who was familiar with using drugs in this case. 

1 hour ago, Greenhill said:

In addition to the other facts, what type of visa does a 48 year old have, 'with money'?   Where or how does he make his money?  RIP the lady!

It's irrelevant but perhaps he was working here with a visa and WP, legally.  Perhaps he had an Investment Visa.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Not just that he took meth, but how much did he take?  If he does not do it often he may have no sense of his tolerance and did more than he could handle.  And then there's the coming down...

Oh yeah, and the insane paranoia, which is probably what the grisly assault was about.

'Take your word for that!

Regardless of whatever excuses he comes up with, or how much money he has, if found guilty of these charges, should get the Death penalty. A life for a life, you live in a foreign country, you abide by their laws

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea right Yaba turns people into murderers. Do you have any idea how much of this <deleted> is being consumed. They find millions upon millions of those tablets with checks. We can assume that this is only a minor part of what is sold. So there are countless users but almost no murders attributed to it. So its safe to say that 99,9% of the people can use it without becoming killers.  

It goes something like this if your an <deleted> in life your a bigger one on alcohol and or yaba or whatever other drug changes your inhibitions even goes for steroids some people become complete idiots when they use it while others have no problem. Its quite easy to blame the drug without knowing if he took it or just took alcohol. Even if he took the drug it does not change someone in a killer without something seriously being wrong already. Drugs just bring out stuff that is already there.

You yourself admit you dont know how it works. I do know how it works I did my share of drugs in the Netherlands so I got a pretty good idea how drugs work.

https://www.cumberlandheights.org/blogs/is-yaba-dangerous/

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

It is expected and even tolerated in some countries's holiday resorts that among the millions of tourists and the flotsam and jetsam of society that the odd screwball will commit a heinous crimes and Pattaya is no different... 

Although Pattaya does seem to have far more than most.  Wonder why that would be?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Just a push for Tree Town since many of the locals boys have investments.????

• Haha 1