Pattaya: friends in shock as associates of British man asked to come forward in murder of Thai woman

rooster59

Just now, shy coconut said:

I think that when someone confesses to a crime, to make sure they have to go through

each stage of the crime, in this case where he was when he met the victim.

If his account of events matches witness statements or  CCTV evidence, then the

confession is more credible and there is more chance of a successful prosecution.

It is certainly different using these reenactments and somewhat unsavoury at times

but I see the logic behind it.

Rubbish ! they will get a conviction if they want, guilty or not. Look what happened to the two innocent Myanmar boys., in the Death Island case.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Who would want to come forward claiming to be a friend of this chap. He looks guilty.

Anyone would LOOK guilty when they are surrounded by cops and handcuffed!! Oh no, wait a minute, there was a time I recall when I saw El Chapo cuffed and surrounded by 2 dozen cops and I remember thinking . . . . They've got the wrong guy there

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Shocking case indeed and hopefully if he,s guilty (little doubt IMHO) he never sees light of day again....but why oh why do they have to drag him down to soi Buk. for a re-enactment when the actual murder took place miles away.......:whistling:

ermmm... To show where he picked her up from? 

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

because they like to pose and take the photos for the Police Gazette or whatever they call the rag. 

well at least he complied with the obligatory pointing charade, that will give him a few Brownie points,

see he has the must have leg decoration popular in Pattaya, sort of badge of acceptance in the bars.

• Like 2

There really needs to be better screening for people entering Thailand. literally anyone with a shady past, whether it be a peado, rapist, or a murderer can so easily just enter this country without any proper background checks. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Disgusting beyond belief. As a fellow Brit I feel ashamed. 

I know, it really is sickening. Please don't feel ashamed though.

There are sick people in all walks of life.

It's beyond me how anyone could carry how such a horrific crime.

let's hope that this sicko is swiftly brought to justice!!

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I think alcohol ran out, this party girl offered yaba, he normally would say no and accepted this time. Then crazy.
Proper testing in hospital could show wether he used just once or more often.

Maybe true, but I know plenty of people in the past that have taken hard drugs, and they have never killed anyone, or even hurt someone for that matter. 
I guess though, if someone is already sick in the head, then maybe some hard drugs might bring that part of the person out. 

Edited by Kaopad999

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Shocking case indeed and hopefully if he,s guilty (little doubt IMHO) he never sees light of day again....but why oh why do they have to drag him down to soi Buk. for a re-enactment when the actual murder took place miles away.......:whistling:

To belittle the dead woman, show that she is a prostitute and therefore had it coming, part of victim blaming, prove later that the British guy cooperated so shouldn't do much prison time, ... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I think alcohol ran out, this party girl offered yaba, he normally would say no and accepted this time. Then crazy.

Yes, blame the victim ????

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Drug crazed nutcase then kills the girl he picked up, and some folks here say it's ok to take drugs ....  sad.

Do you drink alcohol at all?

**Sorry I thought I had better edit this as people like pineapple01 who hit me with a sad face dont really get my point!

Alcohol, along with drugs, cause impairment. The stronger the alcohol, the stronger the drug, the worse the effects? Or so you would think. A few bottles of lager as opposed to half a bottle of scotch, does that mean that the guy who drank the scotch is more prone to hurting someone? Or might he be too useless to even stand up? It all depends on the person using whatever. I used to like a joint. It made me mellow and stay in and order take away!! Just before I started on it, I used to drink Strongbow cider. I got into trouble every other week. So when you hear people who like a drink complaining about drug users, remember that alcohol is manufactured to cause impairment and make you feel good, weed isnt man made and has the same outcome, both can make you puke and feel rough the next day, but the main difference is, there is more chance of the guy on alcohol becoming aggressive than they guy on weed.
Cheers

Edited by Walter Travolta
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

The number of murders and armed robberies committed by people addicted to methamphetamine is "truly frightening", Western Australia's Chief Justice says.

Justice Wayne Martin said 95 per cent of armed robberies and up to half of all murders could be attributed to people taking methamphetamine, also known as ice or crystal meth.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-25/wa-chief-justice-says-ice-problem-truly-frightening/6261310

The addicts wouldn't have to steal and murder if they could get hard drugs legally in a public health setting.  Many would be happy to sit in front of TV and dope to death.Others sold and Taxed. Like Cannabis in US.

All drugs should be legalized. Deal with it as a public health issue. It is called harm reduction 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

The addicts wouldn't have to steal and murder if they could get hard drugs legally in a public health setting.  Many would be happy to sit in front of TV and dope to death.Others sold and Taxed. Like Cannabis in US.

All drugs should be legalized. Deal with it as a public health issue. It is called harm reduction 

They would need to be in an institution though. You couldnt have them getting zonked in a safe setting all afternoon then kick them onto the streets at 7pm. Probably cost too much though for the authorities to be bothered about

55 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

There really needs to be better screening for people entering Thailand. literally anyone with a shady past, whether it be a peado, rapist, or a murderer can so easily just enter this country without any proper background checks. 

All very well saying that but pretty much most democratic countries don't look closely at tourists coming in and that is how most ex-pats start out.  I have lived in several countries in Asia and Europe and even in the US for a while and was never asked particularly probing questions.  First time I went to the states I was a bit worried as I had been arrested in the anti Vietnam demonstration outside the American Embassy in London a couple of years earlier.  But no problem, rubber stamped straight through.

5 hours ago, Greenhill said:

In addition to the other facts, what type of visa does a 48 year old have, 'with money'?   Where or how does he make his money?  RIP the lady!

No shortage of money with this guy, he owns a renawable energy company in Ireland called Future Renewables, it's a nice size business which does pretty well.

My guess is he will buy his way out of this. Money talks in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pattaya: friends in shock as associates of British man asked to come forward in murder of Thai woman

why do they need the friends of the accused to come forward .How do they know what happened. 

Why the stupid Reenactment I don't understand that .Unless it's to pose for the Pictures. they got him so No reenactment Needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Drugs affect different people differently. Some drugs are far more addictive than others and some far more harmful to health and well being. Again, people's tolerance and reaction times will be different.

Personality changes, due to the affects on inhibitions, judgement and reasoning are common. Some may become more jovial, behave strange but harmless, etc. Others can become depressed, anti-social and downright violent. 

Those changes aren't always predictable nor are they consistent. Someone can have no issues with a drug and then one day something happens. Seen that a lot with big alcohol consumers.

A lot depends on the personality, state of mind, natural tendencies and mental state of the individual. Some people would always self harm, other would harm other people, in extreme situations. 

Drugs usually reduce an individuals ability to control and prevent extreme situations and reactions.

If you worked in nightclubs, or visited and don't drink, you can observe the physical changes in people's appearances and their behavior changes as more alcohol, and possibly other drugs are consumed. You also get used to spotting which ones are likely to be trouble.

We don't know how much alcohol and/or yaba this man consumed; or what his personality and tendency to violence was. Some people are violent, have violent tempers, and don't need any drug to stoke

Alcohol or drugs affect mental illness in a bad way. He might unfortunately have an undiagnosed mental illness which means drugs or alcohol flip the switch. Im not condoning what he did, just stating facts. He might be a deceng person off drugs and alcohol but either my flop his violent anger switch. RIP to the victim and I hope he realises what hes done.

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Testing won't show frequency of use, just half life dosage in the system.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

In fact the new requirements of entry of Thailand should be, Corona certificate and no tattoos

That would be David Beckham barred then, also:

Prince Frederic of Denmark
Princess Sofia of Sweden
Dame Judy Dench
Jennifer Aniston

Ben Afleck
Sandra Bullock

Julia Roberts

Amongst others...

Then again, there're lots of numpties in Thailand who're ink-free.

Edited by Andrew65