International post to Thailand

stament

I recall seeing a post which mentioned that there is only outward international post and no inbound into Thailand.

Is this true as I wanted to order something from abroad for delivery here.

Thanks

Unless from China would not be ordering anything now - there is alternate service via courier and such but would be expensive and often tax payment required.  There is also real possibility it will be enroute for months.  Mail has been arriving with a bit longer than normal transit time.   

• Like 1

I receive an order from The States and just received it 2-3 days ago and it too about two weeks, but sometimes it may take a week more. I try and ship the very cheapest method and in the smallest box. This seem to help things not get flagged and and avoid duty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Unless from China would not be ordering anything now - there is alternate service via courier and such but would be expensive and often tax payment required.  There is also real possibility it will be enroute for months.  Mail has been arriving with a bit longer than normal transit time.   

Lol one item I want to order is from China. 

So incoming international post is being received then?

3 minutes ago, stament said:

Lol one item I want to order is from China. 

So incoming international post is being received then?

Post/shipments from China seem to be almost as fast as normal.  I had several letter from USA last month taking about 3 weeks when normal would be 10-14 days.  Have no experience with packages from USA.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cmsally said:

2 parcels I sent to USA mid March have yet to still arrive !!! They should have been delivered first week of April.

Thai Post has been saying from March 3 months by slow boat to the USA.

31 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Thai Post has been saying from March 3 months by slow boat to the USA.

Supposedly starting from March 28! It would seem they started somewhat earlier!

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, Moonlover said:

I've received mail from the UK this last week that only took 2 or 3 weeks, which about normal.

Yes I received a letter yesterday that was dated 17th April. However I think that was fortunate as I saw this posted in another thread and looks like they may have stopped sending to Thailand - Royal Mail that is.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Thailand - on suspension

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest update: 23 April 2020
End date: Ongoing
Incident:Coronavirus

Update: 23 April 2020
We're currently not sending items to Thailand as there are no available transport links. Items sent will be held and you'll experience significant delays.

Original Incident: 16 March 2020
Thailand has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Thailand Post need to comply with these measures and may have reduced staff numbers so not able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.

19 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I am missing several letters from UK.

One personal and at least 2 official.

I know these have been posted.

john

See my reply above for possible reason.

I tried to send a letter to Europe on Friday. The postal clerk tried, but afetr cnsulting the computerscreens informed me that it was not possible to do so right now. Don't seem to have a problem with incoming international mail, but mostime that takes a minimum of 6 days to 4 weeks depending on the moon or something. 

Ordering from China on Lazada seems business as usual with right on time delivery.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:23 PM, lopburi3 said:

You can order from everywhere and it will arrive. What's the problem if it takes a few days longer? 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cmsally said:

2 parcels I sent to USA mid March have yet to still arrive !!! They should have been delivered first week of April.

Oh Sally, after all these years you should know not to write "should" of even think it.

Ordered something in the US at the beginning of March with tracking. Status since: 

16/03/2563 18:35Arrival at outward office of exchangeInternational (United States

Looks like the package not leaved the USA yet!

Edited by xn47140

On 5/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, cmsally said:

Supposedly starting from March 28! It would seem they started somewhat earlier!

26 March was the last day of outbound Airmail except to China, Macao, Hong Kong and Russia. Post comes in just fine.

• Thanks 1

I had new ATM cards sent by registered mail from Australia on 27th March, tracking number lost on way home from post office.  I looked into it when they hadn't arrived after two weeks and AusPost website said (and still says) they were still sending airmail to Thailand as usual, Thailand Post website said nothing apart from no longer having to sign for any mail (to protect posties I think) and I then read that Thailand Post were holding items in some central location, for reasons I couldn't ascertain.  I was resigned to having to get new cards, but wasn't willing to risk it whilst any restrictions are on.  

Lo and behold!  Said letter turned up today, the postie rang the bell to hand it to me rather than putting in the letter box but I didn't have to sign for it.  Mam always told me I was far too impatient for my own good.

• Like 1

I received three letters from Singapore today 4th May

Two posted 19th March, the other early April

On reflection looks like mail held up SOMEWHERE in this case either Singapore or Thailand/Bangkok

Just maybe Thailand has started moving the backlog