Big problems with Ford, anyone has contact info?

At this stage, will not get into details, but by any chance, anyone has contact info for senior management or someone in Ford to deal with the matter?

Local Pattaya dealer is beyond useless, have lodged complaints with main office via their call center number 1383, only to be put back to Pattaya dealer.

Next week will be filing a case with OCPB, but kind of hoping someone has gone through the same, and has contact for someone in Ford to deal with the matter

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why don't you want to divulge the issue ?? Could be valuable info for others who are about to purchase a new motor !!

Giving them a chance to fix it before going all the way

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

Translation would be good please ????

Click the link and send Vickie (the president of Ford Thailand) a message.

Iam friends with some senior engineers at both AAT and FTM.

If you want flick me a message with what your issue is and I will pass it along.... include an email address they can respond to if they feel so inclined.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

LOL,  cheers did not realise there was a link. I do not know if anyone reads linkedin messages.

Have contacted marketing manager through Linkedin and on email they had, but no response yet

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Iam friends with some senior engineers at both AAT and FTM.

If you want flick me a message with what your issue is and I will pass it along.... include an email address they can respond to if they feel so inclined.

That would be great, thank you. Will send short version of events, give me 5-10 mins

5 minutes ago, topt said:

Not sure if relevant or not but I know the local Ford factory is closed until I think 18th May, @Don Mega would know for sure, so that may be impacting any response.

Yes, Both facilities are closed, office staff are working from home though.

• Thanks 1

I have an Everest and a Raptor.  Very happy with both of them.  I live in Ratchaburi but use TS auto sales in Nonthaburi.  Always get good service from them.

Some of the older names for Ford were:  

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead

• Haha 1

Actually  I ran a Mk1 cortina for years it was bomb proof  , then I bought a new capri 2.8i   went like stink  , looked lovely   BUT fell apart after 2 years even with dealer servicing ,,, total <deleted> ,wormn out   ,,had a lot of transits  the old  Southampton built ones were real work horses  but the later Turkish made ones  look lovely BUT  dont last  and  have some bad reliability issues .

My nephew in UK has a older Focus 1.6 it handles really well , looks good  is reliable as its a petrol ,, but its not fuel efficient compared to rival brands /,,he is now changing it for a New Citroen

every one I know with the Ranger  or wild track in Thailand and UK loved the looks  ,and performance   BUT all have less than steller  records of reliability  and good service from dealers

• Like 1

If you aren't happy with the Pattaya dealer, you can take your vehicle to any Ford dealer in Thailand. In the past few years we have bought a Fiesta, a Focus and 2 Ranger Wildtraks, including my current Wildtrak Bi-Turbo. We have had outstanding service from our Pathum Thani dealer. Good luck!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Problems?  Fords middle name!  The Thais love them because they look big and come in garish colours which is perfect for "look at me, look at me"!!  But if youre looking for reliability, thats a different story.  

Thing is my "problem" is not car per say, but incredibly bad service by Ford dealer 

Car has been great, an external problem, which made small problem, which Ford managed to make into a big one and now even bigger by keeping the car against my wishes

• Sad 1

I'm based in Sattahip but went to Bkk to purchase my 2.0 litre 10 gear Everest. Because from purchasing 3 previous cars in Thailand, I've discovered that the best deals are available in Bkk without having to resort to mega haggling. As the service book says service interval is 15,000 kms and free service (not including parts) for 5 years, I return to Bkk dealer to do the service. In my case having bought the car 19 months ago, I brought it for the first service in January. Having booked the car in a week before heading to Bkk the service dept. called the day before to remind me and 2 days following to check if all was ok. So for me, great service and as I asked the dealer for an English manual, I received both a Thai and an English version. BTW I did visit 3 Ford dealers in Bkk and looked at their service area before choosing.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, rwill said:

I live in Ratchaburi but use TS auto sales in Nonthaburi.  Always get good service from them.

I live in Ratchaburi but use Ford in Kanchanaburi.

• Haha 1

Ok, guys here is the story, since Ford is NOT interested in doing anything.

Ford Pattaya Dealer

Took the car in for service and a bad smell coming from AC, smell of urine. I believed rat go inside AC and urinated

Putting aside all the wait time and staff doing nothing, they changed the filter and advised, need to wash AC to remove the smell. additional 3000 baht.

After 5 hours of waiting, they advised car was ready and all good to go, paid the money, got in the car and smell is 100% the same.

Called them over to point it out and they could not care less, did not call technician, or the manager, refused refund or to do anything at all

Called Ford head office and lodged a complaint, Ford was very apologetic and arranged for Ford Pattaya to pick up the car, check again and return the car. This was confirmed 5 times, by the head office and local dealer and who ever picked up the car.

Afternoon, get a call from dealer stating they have checked, nothing wrong and there is nothing they can or will do and to come to pick up the car.

Told them, agreement was they pick up and drop off the car and i can NOT go get the car, not only because it was not the agreement, but because Pattaya is in lockdown. 

Nothing but some mummbling.

20 or so mins later, technician calls and advises, rats bite through 2 wires, founds rat babies in AC and to call Insurance to make a claim

So Dealer says all good, tech says all bad.

Cut the story short, they never brought the car back, its now 1 week, i have no idea where the car is, i ave no paperwork who picked up the car or anything at all.

Head office telling me to speak with the dealer, which i simply refuse to do because it was head office who arrange for dealer to pick up the car not me, in addition dealer is lying  and keeps changing the story.

Total already paid for 1st service and AC almost 7000 baht, can not confirm for certain as all documents and bills are in the car and car is not with me

As it stands right now, 1 week car has not been returned, what actual problem  is unknown and not confirmed, cost to fix the wires unknown, if wires are damaged at all and i believe it damaged it was damaged during the initial service, but they never checked, as they never lifted the car(can see their service center from the waiting room)

Have contacted OCPB who are contacting Ford after the holiday, also thinking to file stolen car with the police because car in essence is stolen

Edited by BestB