Big problems with Ford, anyone has contact info?

2 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Thats why folks buy Toyota.

To be honest, i think its Pattaya dealer, there are so many complaints about this dealer that it is truly incredible why Ford has not closed them down. Complaints are from both foreign and Thai buyers, rudeness, incorrect information, over charging, bad service and yet it continues 

Stop complaining and just go to Ford and pick your up car. Pattaya is not on lock down where you cant leave your home as the checkpoints are finished. Your playing hardball with Thais thinking you can win.

I would suggest go somewhere else like B-Quick who also service air cons as you will get answers. Having a Thai person with you would help as I wouldn't even bother getting my car serviced or fixed without my Thai wife just to avoid all the BS that you went through as being a falang dealers will take advantage of you. I seen it happened to a lot of guys.

Edited by nightfox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well its an up to you Choise, for something as bland and  totally unnoticed as a Pick Up Truck its a bit like buying a Kettle, id go for a Russel Hobs, the Toyota of Kettles not one from the worst  known world wide. Supanburi Ford are not much better im told. Not funny when its your money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Well its an up to you Choise, for something as bland and  totally unnoticed as a Pick Up Truck its a bit like buying a Kettle, id go for a Russel Hobs, the Toyota of Kettles not one from the worst  known world wide. Supanburi Ford are not much better im told. Not funny when its your money.

I have owned pretty much all brands in the past, and this is the first time to have a problem like this, really stupid problem to make and to keep on making.

Indeed never had issues with toyota or mitsu or nissan service, this is my first ford, first service and nothing but problems.and it is not the car, but people who are doing this

When Ford introduced their first Turbo Ranger our Company bought 4. I grabbed one to try for myself, in a few days the Turbo went bang ,anyway the engine was wrecked. without hesitation they replaced the vehicle. Fleet Buyers worry them, private dont. Didnt impress Boss Lady its been Isuzu Petch, but mainly Toyo from that day

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

this is my first ford, first service and nothing but problems.and it is not the car, but people who are doing this

I bought my first Ford over here , I had a minor problem , went back to the dealer I got it from , never listen to so much <deleted> and lies , they didn't let a mechanic talk to us , just the shop floor salesman ( it is there job to spout <deleted> ). So I took it to another Ford dealer in a different province . What a difference that made , they were great , have been back there ever since for servicing etc.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

I bought my first Ford over here , I had a minor problem , went back to the dealer I got it from , never listen to so much <deleted> and lies , they didn't let a mechanic talk to us , just the shop floor salesman ( it is there job to spout <deleted> ). So I took it to another Ford dealer in a different province . What a difference that made , they were great , have been back there ever since for servicing etc.

Exactly my plan once I manage to get the car back ????

16 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

You had a smell in your car

You took it to a Ford dealer 

They said there was a rat in the AC, which they may or may not have removed. 

The smell did not go away. To them may have smelt no worse than fish sauce.

You sent the car back to them

They still have your car

You haven't paid them yet?

Doesn't sound like anything to do with the Ford Motor Company? Just a useless car dealer/service centre. 

Not correct. 
I told them have a rat. I did pay and got car back with the same smell.

complained on the spot and was ignored.

complained to head office , head office arranged for them to take the car to fix the problem .

dealer stated have no problem. Tech said found baby rats inside and chewed wires. 

And yes you are right as I said before it’s the dealer but ford head office bears some responsibility because it’s their dealer representing their company .

if garage was called Somchai auto then indeed nothing to do with ford but it’s called Ford

26 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

But the cause of the problem is not the fault of Ford or is it a reflection on their product nor is it a reflection on their dealer network as a whole.  

It is completely separate from Ford. The dealer maybe an independent company associated with but not controlled by Ford. 

If the rats have been removed then what else can they do? You pay them and get your car back. If still not satisfied take it to an independent AC repair shop. 

I understand it is frustrating but sticking to your guns because you think you have been wronged does not solve your problem.

This is precisely the point, rats were not removed, they did not check the car, they did not see chewed wires and even now, after they took the car away, dealer insists nothing wrong. Tech called from his own number, without dealer knowledge.

As i pointed out, car itself is not a problem, service provided or i should say lack there of is the problem and reflects poorly on Ford because its service provided by their dealer, bearing their name and official logo

But there have been some developments and Ford Bangkok advised and confirmed, washing AC was not the going to fix anything, the entire AC unit had to be removed to clean the entire line(best i can translate)

So once again, Ford dealer in Pattaya, did not do their job, even though charged for it, and appears did not follow Ford service "directions" if thats the right word to use

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, BestB said:

Thing is my "problem" is not car per say, but incredibly bad service by Ford dealer 

Car has been great, an external problem, which made small problem, which Ford managed to make into a big one and now even bigger by keeping the car against my wishes

now even bigger by keeping the car against my wishes"

Almost sounds like a criminal matter requiring police help.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

now even bigger by keeping the car against my wishes"

Almost sounds like a criminal matter requiring police help.

It is, and hit them from this angle, they are claiming they tried to contact me every day, which is BS, not a single missed call and they have 2 contact numbers, one for me and one for my staff(manager)

They called about 30 mins ago and again with the same BS, when i coming to pick up the car? Even though they are well aware by now, they suppose to bring it back, i have no paperwork at all, any Somchai can go get my car, as there is no paperwork or any paper trail.

Finally half arsed whoever was on the phone agreed to bring back the car, only does not know when.

All this after they assured Bangkok head office this morning they will do the right thing. Its simply insane

Will hit the with OCPB either way, no matter how long it takes

On 5/3/2020 at 3:17 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Problems?  Fords middle name!  The Thais love them because they look big and come in garish colours which is perfect for "look at me, look at me"!!  But if youre looking for reliability, thats a different story.  

I have a Ford Ranger 4wd, 4 door 2.5 turbo diesel with a 5 speed manual gearbox. I am disgusted with it, after all it is only 19 years old with 409,xxx km on the clock. I get about 12.5 to 13 km/l which is good enough.

I even get it washed twice a year.

Would I buy another Ford Ranger if I had the money?

Absolutely but a Hi Rider 2wd automatic this time.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BestB said:

It is, and hit them from this angle, they are claiming they tried to contact me every day, which is BS, not a single missed call and they have 2 contact numbers, one for me and one for my staff(manager)

They called about 30 mins ago and again with the same BS, when i coming to pick up the car? Even though they are well aware by now, they suppose to bring it back, i have no paperwork at all, any Somchai can go get my car, as there is no paperwork or any paper trail.

Finally half arsed whoever was on the phone agreed to bring back the car, only does not know when.

All this after they assured Bangkok head office this morning they will do the right thing. Its simply insane

Will hit the with OCPB either way, no matter how long it takes

I hope when they do turn up with your vehicle you will have a basket of fruit and some flowers to present to them as thanks......:clap2:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, petermik said:

I hope when they do turn up with your vehicle you will have a basket of fruit and some flowers to present to them as thanks......:clap2:

Already planning a welcome back party ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

It was painful but I read through the whole thread as early on it became a clear lesson in How Not To try and get your way in a deal gone bad. I was hoping for a conclusion but I’m gonna have to cut my losses here. 

Oh please do not, please share your wisdom on how things are done.

One expert suggested having a skirt with you at all times, what do you suggest from your extensive knowledge and experience?

23 hours ago, BestB said:

Always good to see yet another know it all who does not go anywhere without his wife, anyhow, lockdown finished on the 5th, car was taken away last week with a promise to be returned same day in the afternoon.

Car can not be driven according to the technician who called because 2 electrical wires are chewed, true or not i do not know. I also do not know why tech said to contact insurance when fixing wires can not possibly warrant an insurance claim

And yes when you grow a pair, you can win against Thai or anyone else. really do not need a skirt to hold my hand to do that.

That's why your keep complaining like a child instead growing a pair and putting your foot down....But I can see that your the type that's like getting taken advantage off by the Thais as you actually think a Thai will get played like you did and accept it?.....I see how your wining here buddy lol...

Edited by time2093

2 minutes ago, time2093 said:

That's why your keep complaining like a child instead growing a pair and putting your foot down....But I can see that your the type that's like getting taking advantage off by the Thais...Good luck to you fellow.Smooth driving.

So yet another expert, please share YOUR extensive knowledge and experience.

So an update.

After few more calls to Ford, OCPB and police, Ford was kind enough to return the car.

Tech who brought the car back, off the record suggested never to use Pattaya branch but use Lem Chabang.

When asked him which wired were chewed, he had no idea.

Called Ford and played stupid, needing to know what wires as i was lodging a claim with Insurance and was told 2 wired in the front engine(translation)

Went to a local guy who i know, was told 500 baht to fix, but to bring the car to see first.

So went there and this was the first time i personally opened the hood, will post video.

Keep in mind, Ford charged 6000 and claimed to have washed and checked all., but as they say picture speaks 1000 words.

Now, the local guy said description of 2 wired in the front engine is useless, front engine has many wires.

He is connecting to a computer to run scans and see if anything is wrong or anything not working.

Whats next for me? full claim with OCPB for full refund with video as evidence of nothing being done, plus 8 days of them keeping the car and not providing replacement and not returning the car.

2 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Omg this is a brand new car which costs heaps??? <deleted>... 

Smell of rats <deleted> and semen from brand new as well as sweat of workers inside.... 

<deleted> hell... 

And Symone has joy ridden 50km for extra damage. 

Omf I feel soooo violated..... 

Your chosen nick perfectly suits your posts, keep it up????

• Haha 1