Big problems with Ford, anyone has contact info?

Lesson learned, don't go back there. Go somewhere else next time. You'll be wasting your time and energy complaining, it almost never works here. It's not just car dealerships that are full of people who talk complete and utter rubbish in the hope of either deceiving you or trying to discharge their responsibilities.   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Susco said:

You don't expect rats chewing your wires to be warranty, do you?

No and I never said I did , however It’s covered by insurance , though do not know why anyone would claim insurance when it’s only 500 baht to fix

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

Lesson learned, don't go back there. Go somewhere else next time. You'll be wasting your time and energy complaining, it almost never works here. It's not just car dealerships that are full of people who talk complete and utter rubbish in the hope of either deceiving you or trying to discharge their responsibilities.   

I disagree , they do this because people just walk away . With OCPB will take some time but will get results . I have no doubt I will get full refund, possibly some money for not having car for 8 days.

i did send that video to Ford head office and got a call back within 5 mins , they could not believe it

Local shop already found the chewed wire and fixed it.

The whole thing started with them not doing anything but charging and me claiming they did nothing. Will be little hard for them to justify the charge or keeping the car for 8 days with this video.

The most pathetic part is, Ford gives full car wash FREE with each service , this video proves not only they did not do what they charged for , but did not even wash the car, did not even open the hood 

On 5/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, pineapple01 said:

When Ford introduced their first Turbo Ranger our Company bought 4. I grabbed one to try for myself, in a few days the Turbo went bang ,anyway the engine was wrecked. without hesitation they replaced the vehicle. Fleet Buyers worry them, private dont. Didnt impress Boss Lady its been Isuzu Petch, but mainly Toyo from that day

Those old Rangers were great vehicles, purchased one (2002 model) with 200,000km on the odo and I put  another 150,000 on it with no problems at all.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:54 AM, SteveK said:

True, son bought a black glass 4 burner electric cooking hob, international brand name. 2 burners at the back stopped working, took 5 months to get any logical specific answer from the manufacturing company, after many calls including to their HO in Italy, many e-mails, many posts of their facebook page. Purchased at HP in CM. HP said they didn't know where the stock came from and they didn't know how to check - total obvious BS.

After about 5 months of no response then suddenly 2 technicians turned up at the house in Chiang Mai. They said have to get 2 new burners from Europe, about 3 months. Son insisted the 2 technicians give him their names and mobile numbers and the name and number of their boss in Bkk.

3.5 months later nothing has happened, son starts again, technicians and their boss never answer their phones, son decides not worth the trouble of any further contact and buys a new gas cooking hob, well known local brand. Cost a fortune but good quality.

3+ months more son gets a call from a receptionist of the electric hob company, she asks if son will answer some questions about the quality of service son experienced from her company. Son says never mind, please transfer me to your general manager. Girl agrees, 2 seconds later line goes dead.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

The Prattaya dealer  puts the FRAUD into Ford

This time i got them by the testicles and will go all the way. I have a paid bill they washed and inspected AC, and also have video how it looks like after all was supposedly done. Local shop also took AC apart and got pics of the inside as well, it was never washed

• Sad 1

Why o Why? does anybody go to this Ford Dealer in Pattaya?

I have seen/heard nothing but complaints about this dealer on this forum + others about this dealership? for the past 4 years or so!  (Don't you guys learn?).

you can book your car in at any other Ford dealer , wait 30 minutes about for a service (wash) and drive away happy! - just wait for service easy!

It's not Ford that,s got the bad name in Thailand! only certain dealerships!

I use my local Ford dealership in Bangkae and have received only excellent service from them always, so helpful. (5 years now)! their service exceeds even the Ford service i got back when i lived back in the UK. 

Edited by Martinpeter
spelling

On 5/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Great 13-second video. 

Have you ever seen rat droppings?  That video shows none. Where did you get the "urine" analysed?

That's a real bad infestation of rats.

I had some rats gets under the hood of my truck, chewed some wires but they never got to move into the air-conditioning. That's a common enough issue on farms and the like, especially in cool weather and judging by that mess, they have been partying there for quite a few months. If the OP isn't a farmer, he needs to clean up the yard.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's a real bad infestation of rats.

I had some rats gets under the hood of my truck, chewed some wires but they never got to move into the air-conditioning. That's a common enough issue on farms and the like, especially in cool weather and judging by that mess, they have been partying there for quite a few months. If the OP isn't a farmer, he needs to clean up the yard.

Nowhere near the farm and do not park in yard. Car is parked outside the house in Central Pattaya, but have dirty Thai restaurant near by, nothing can do about that. all neighbors have complained, but they just do not care

9 hours ago, BestB said:

Nowhere near the farm and do not park in yard. Car is parked outside the house in Central Pattaya, but have dirty Thai restaurant near by, nothing can do about that. all neighbors have complained, but they just do not care

Rats from the restaurant and the place must be heaving with them. They forage for food and then find somewhere sheltered to eat it. In my instance a bag of corn kernels about 15' away from the truck had a hole in it. Rats would grab kernels and pile into the engine compartment to eat them then p!ss and sh!t all over. Of course my truck was laid up for almost 2 months while I was away so I was lucky they hadn't gotten into the duct work. Took a couple of hours to clean and then find and fix the 4 or 5 wires they had chewed through beside the battery.

You can google for easy rat repellent videos but I found the combination of mothballs and rolling tobacco in little ventilated perspex boxes kept them away. I also stuffed the access points from the top of the engine compartment back into the fenders and ducting with steel wool. Of course moving the busted corn bag to the back of the property helped as well.

The orbortor will listen to your complaints.

Cat's are also a deterrent if you don't have an issue with furballs.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Rats from the restaurant and the place must be heaving with them. They forage for food and then find somewhere sheltered to eat it. In my instance a bag of corn kernels about 15' away from the truck had a hole in it. Rats would grab kernels and pile into the engine compartment to eat them then p!ss and sh!t all over. Of course my truck was laid up for almost 2 months while I was away so I was lucky they hadn't gotten into the duct work. Took a couple of hours to clean and then find and fix the 4 or 5 wires they had chewed through beside the battery.

You can google for easy rat repellent videos but I found the combination of mothballs and rolling tobacco in little ventilated perspex boxes kept them away. I also stuffed the access points from the top of the engine compartment back into the fenders and ducting with steel wool. Of course moving the busted corn bag to the back of the property helped as well.

The orbortor will listen to your complaints.

Cat's are also a deterrent if you don't have an issue with furballs.

I just started to put rat poison out every day   Hopefully it works 

On 5/3/2020 at 3:17 PM, ThaiFelix said:

they look big and come in garish colours which is perfect for "look at me, look at me"!!

Grown men standing proudly next to their huge, ridiculous things, with extra pieces stuck on wherever, and enormous stickers plastered across the entire side. Look daddy, vroom vroom!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

for anyone interested , just came across rat off spray in big c. You supposedly spray inside car and under and rats keep away , however can not spray and start the car( translation from Thai ) 

will try it out, only 95 baht

4 hours ago, BestB said:

for anyone interested , just came across rat off spray in big c. You supposedly spray inside car and under and rats keep away , however can not spray and start the car( translation from Thai ) 

will try it out, only 95 baht

The poor translation means the propellant may be combustible so don't have a naked spark plug near the vapor... in other words it's probably OK. It's not intended for interior use AFAIK, but the engine compartment is OK. Spray it on low ground clearance areas like front air dams, axles, suspension struts and other places where they climb up into the engine compartment. I bought the same stuff but maybe only used it a couple of times before the source of the problem was eliminated.

My rat attack was the winter before last. No repeat this past cool season but the housekeeping in the yard was better (no busted bags of corn for the chickens being dropped nearby).

On 5/17/2020 at 6:43 PM, NanLaew said:

The poor translation means the propellant may be combustible so don't have a naked spark plug near the vapor... in other words it's probably OK. It's not intended for interior use AFAIK, but the engine compartment is OK. Spray it on low ground clearance areas like front air dams, axles, suspension struts and other places where they climb up into the engine compartment. I bought the same stuff but maybe only used it a couple of times before the source of the problem was eliminated.

My rat attack was the winter before last. No repeat this past cool season but the housekeeping in the yard was better (no busted bags of corn for the chickens being dropped nearby).

Thanks for all the tips, have sprayed all under the car and the bonnet, hopefully rats will keep away.

But what pisses me the most is after Ford had the car twice, according to them there was no problem, they have checked all twice and cleaned all twice.yet local shop did it once for half the price and all smell is gone, as well as finding and fixing all the chewed wires and cleaning the engine block and all around.

^ Yes, you have a legit gripe there. Instead of lying to you, they should have simply advised it wasn't under warranty and let you get it sorted elsewhere. My experience with Ford Pattaya for service and repairs over ~8 years has been cyclical as like most dealerships, the good shop managers or lead mechanics come and go but mostly they've been decent.

Free car wash, does not mean cleaning the engine bay. What ford promise to clean was the AC unit, again not the engine bay.

But given the circumstance and what happened, yes its general knowledge that they should have at least wipe the engine cover clean before returning car due to all the issues. But this is amazing thailand, many times things are not suppose to be logical.

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

^ Yes, you have a legit gripe there. Instead of lying to you, they should have simply advised it wasn't under warranty and let you get it sorted elsewhere. My experience with Ford Pattaya for service and repairs over ~8 years has been cyclical as like most dealerships, the good shop managers or lead mechanics come and go but mostly they've been decent.

Here is the thing I never raised any warranty claims. I paid 6000 baht to “fix” bad smell or whatever damage. Shop never advised of any wires being chewed or needing fixing, mechanic off the record did and advised to file insurance claim