Big problems with Ford, anyone has contact info?

4 hours ago, mike324 said:

Free car wash, does not mean cleaning the engine bay. What ford promise to clean was the AC unit, again not the engine bay.

But given the circumstance and what happened, yes its general knowledge that they should have at least wipe the engine cover clean before returning car due to all the issues. But this is amazing thailand, many times things are not suppose to be logical.

I paid nearly 6000 baht to get rid of bad smell and whatever else they had to fix and it does  include opening bonnet Unless you know another way of servicing a car 

Edited by BestB

21 hours ago, BestB said:

I paid nearly 6000 baht to get rid of bad smell and whatever else they had to fix and it does  include opening bonnet Unless you know another way of servicing a car 

But it doesn't include any dealer's service department cleaning an already dirty engine after working on it unless they were responsible for the grime.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

But it doesn't include any dealer's service department cleaning an already dirty engine after working on it unless they were responsible for the grime.

It’s not a grime, it’s rat urine and droppings and yes it is included to wipe the dirt if made during service. 

I was specifically charged for washing AC, you want to tell me it does not include wiping the top ?????

car was taken away under request of orders from the head office and I was told nothing wrong with the car at all. So you telling me leaving under the hood filthy dirty is a standard? 

I can not help but wonder if you ever owned a new car and had it serviced by the dealer 

On 5/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, BestB said:
On 5/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

It’s not a grime, it’s rat urine and droppings and yes it is included to wipe the dirt if made during service. 

I was specifically charged for washing AC, you want to tell me it does not include wiping the top ?????

car was taken away under request of orders from the head office and I was told nothing wrong with the car at all. So you telling me leaving under the hood filthy dirty is a standard? 

I can not help but wonder if you ever owned a new car and had it serviced by the dealer 

"It’s not a grime, it’s rat urine and droppings and yes it is included to wipe the dirt if made during service". 

That's exactly what I said, if the grime occurred as a result of the work done at the dealer, the dealer should clean it.  In your case the dealer didn't cause the grime stains.

"So you telling me leaving under the hood filthy dirty is a standard?"

Once again, yes, I am.  If the dealer didn't cause the mess, why should he clean your engine?  You didn't pay for an engine clean.

"I can not help but wonder if you ever owned a new car and had it serviced by the dealer"

Yes, I have, many times and not once did the dealer clean the engine without being asked and charging for it.

I can't but wonder why you would keep banging on about expecting a free engine clean when the dealer wasn't responsible for the dirt.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

26 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"It’s not a grime, it’s rat urine and droppings and yes it is included to wipe the dirt if made during service". 

That's exactly what I said, if the grime occurred as a result of the work done at the dealer, the dealer should clean it.  In your case the dealer didn't cause the grime stains.

Once again, yes, I am.  If the dealer didn't cause the mess, why should he clean your engine?  You didn't pay for an engine clean.

"I can not help but wonder if you ever owned a new car and had it serviced by the dealer"

Yes, I have, many times and not once did the dealer clean the engine without being asked and charging for it.

I can't but wonder why you would keep banging on about expecting a free engine clean when the dealer wasn't responsible for the dirt.

I realise comprehension is not your strongest side. I paid 6000 baht which included washing of AC, the reason why it has to be washed was because of a bad smell.

if you had any sense or dealer was half diligent , wiping urine and droppings would be part of service to get rid of bad smell. 

but for a laugh, since you such an expert do tell how AC is washed and if bonnet needs opening 

The cooling part of the aircon is the evaporator which is behind the firewall, inside the cab and not under the bonnet. The only aircon parts in the engine compartment are the compressor, accumulator and condenser coils. This is a closed loop system and uncontaminated by the smell of dead rats in the evaporator housing inside the cab. Cleaning the urine and droppings in the engine compartment won't have any impact on the smell but it would look better. Cleaning the evaporator coils and housing up underneath the dashboard is a time consuming task but it can be done without opening the bonnet.

main.png.ecf6326d5eb04c4861d315f2af75e92e.png

On 5/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, BestB said:

but for a laugh, since you such an expert do tell how AC is washed and if bonnet needs opening 

Cleaning grime off the engine cover or rocker cover isn't necessary in order to clean the air conditioning system. 

Who said that opening the bonnet wasn't necessary?

On 5/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, NanLaew said:

The cooling part of the aircon is the evaporator which is behind the firewall, inside the cab and not under the bonnet. The only aircon parts in the engine compartment are the compressor, accumulator and condenser coils. This is a closed loop system and uncontaminated by the smell of dead rats in the evaporator housing inside the cab. Cleaning the urine and droppings in the engine compartment won't have any impact on the smell but it would look better. Cleaning the evaporator coils and housing up underneath the dashboard is a time consuming task but it can be done without opening the bonnet.

main.png.ecf6326d5eb04c4861d315f2af75e92e.png

The local shop that did the job said and showed pics urine and droppings were inside the compressor as well, he took all apart. Got the pics as well. 

lets put it this way, Ford supposedly washed AC system twice and it smelled the same , local guy did it once and smell is gone 

I'am assuming (from experience on other vehicles) to clean the evap coil the HVAC unit would have to be removed from the vehicle to open it up and to do so the bonnet will need to be opened in order to de-gas the system and disconnect the pipes.

7 hours ago, BestB said:

lets put it this way, Ford supposedly washed AC system twice and it smelled the same , local guy did it once and smell is gone 

For us Patts resident,s where is the "local guys" garage so we may perhaps try his car services in the future?

On 5/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, Don Mega said:

I'am assuming (from experience on other vehicles) to clean the evap coil the HVAC unit would have to be removed from the vehicle to open it up and to do so the bonnet will need to be opened in order to de-gas the system and disconnect the pipes.

If the rat infestation is bad and they have moved deeper inside the evaporator box, then removing the dash and removing the entire HVAC unit will require popping the hood to disconnect the gas lines. If the contamination is light and there's no dead things in the evaporator box, using commercial air conditioning foam cleaners and disinfectant pumped up through the evaporator drain hole works well. This is probably what the OP's fixer did.

On the newer Rangers (like the OP's) rats tend to get trapped high in the recirculate air intake, just below the windshield scuttle. The trick is to drop the blower motor out of the bottom of the HVAC unit, flip the vent and the dead rat drops through the motor mounting hole onto the passenger foot-well. If you don't take the motor out first, it will drop into the fan which makes it more messy. If the body won't drop, then pop the hood, remove the wipers and remove the scuttle. This will allow the dead critter to be pulled out the front-facing duct.

Coincidentally, after the recent heavy rains, I had a rat get trapped in the inlet flap on my Ranger last weekend. Just went through the above procedure to get it out. Now in decontamination mode, leaving the vents open, fan motor out and don't use the HVAC at all for a couple of days. Got an external blower fan sitting inside at night moving the air. Then put it all back together and do the foam and disinfectant injection and flush. That's my weekend sorted!

On 5/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, donmuang37 said:

If you aren't happy with the Pattaya dealer, you can take your vehicle to any Ford dealer in Thailand. In the past few years we have bought a Fiesta, a Focus and 2 Ranger Wildtraks, including my current Wildtrak Bi-Turbo. We have had outstanding service from our Pathum Thani dealer. Good luck!

Second that. Fiesta 2013 and Everest 2016, both bought second hand, serviced @ Pathum Ford Dealer. Great service, fast, easy and reasonable priced.. 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Sorry to burst your bubble.. Every time my car or my wife's car goes for service at the Pathumtani dealer, it's delivered back clean.. washed inside and out, including under the hood.

Also, service, appointment, drive in at the agreed time, I'll leave it there and go back home. They'll call me for for anything they find aside of the first diagnose and normal service items. Even a 300 Baht part needs replacing.. they'll call and let me know. I can leave it or give the ok for them to replace.. (which I always do)..

Do know that these are 2nd hand cars I did not buy at their dealership!

I just hate it that Ford stopped selling small cars here, as now I gotta figure a way to replace my wife's 2013 Fiesta some day soon with something else Ford, just so we'll keep the same dealer for servicing.. 

Edited by Schuimpge

On 5/17/2020 at 7:30 AM, BestB said:

I just started to put rat poison out every day   Hopefully it works 

The  Thai Rat  traps as in like a mouse trap but bigger with a real "snap" think Tom &  Jerry  style work  well, smear with peanut  butter, also the live traps the glue  traps also can be used all of these for squirrels just a rat with a furry  tail both can do enormous  damage. I regularly dispatch both at the land and our land is as  tidy and clean as you can get.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:15 PM, BestB said:

Giving them a chance to fix it before going all the way

Is it a pick-up or a car?

I've heard that red Ford pick-ups give more trouble. The white ones the least.

What colour is yours BB?

20 hours ago, Schuimpge said:
On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Sorry to burst your bubble.. Every time my car or my wife's car goes for service at the Pathumtani dealer, it's delivered back clean.. washed inside and out, including under the hood.

Sorry to disappoint you but you didn't burst anything.  That's just your experience, it doesn't mean that it is standard for the industry, which it obviously isn't.  Particularly unusual is the part about the dealer who "delivers the car back to you after a service" ("it's delivered back...").  I find it very hard to believe they do that for no charge. 

Pathum Thani's a big place, which dealer is it?  Maybe it's the Pathum Thani franchised dealer that my son works in?

On 6/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, Grumpy John said:

You will find most mechanics don't recommend cleaning the engine.  If you do it is advised to pull apart all the electrical fittings and spray with electrical contact cleaner.

Pressure washing is only risky if certain precautions aren't taken or the operator isn't trained. Steam-cleaning is better as there's less pressure but TBH, I haven't seen that here. Otherwise washing the engine compartment isn't risky. I use a foaming pre-cleaner before rinsing down using the low-pressure nozzle on my pressure washer. No need to open up sealed connectors either.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I know you all been waiting impatiently and i have not forgotten .????

I have a final meeting with consumer protection board and Ford tomorrow, funny enough today got a call from Ford Pattaya, asking me to give them another chance and they will do all correctly and will take care from no on.

Mind you no sorry or will do anything free or give discount. So refused their offer and few hours later, they refunding all the money and begging i close the case.

Again, you would think they would offer some vouchers to say sorry and keep the customer, but not so lucky.

Moral of the story, do not just walk away and let them get away with ripping you off, time and time again i have used OCPB and each time it has come through, does take a bit of time, but at least next time they might think twice about skimming a foreigner or a thai thinking they can get away with it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with Fiesta recall- rear door lock would not shut. Checked on Web and apparently there was a safety recall on 2013 Fiestas for door locks breaking open and fire hazard from oil leaking onto exhaust. Contacted Pattaya Ford and they apparently changed all 4 locks and the engine oil? But only because a lock had broken otherwise despite the safety risk they would not do anything. Apparently they do not inform owners of the recall or risk !!! As with their airplanes US car manufacturers apparently do nothing unless there is an accident!!!

On 6/15/2020 at 10:41 PM, NanLaew said:

Pressure washing is only risky if certain precautions aren't taken or the operator isn't trained. Steam-cleaning is better as there's less pressure but TBH, I haven't seen that here. Otherwise washing the engine compartment isn't risky. I use a foaming pre-cleaner before rinsing down using the low-pressure nozzle on my pressure washer. No need to open up sealed connectors either.

My one is done every time it goes in for a Valet (Around every 2 weeks) They spray it with foam and then pressure wash it off. High/low power I haven't a clue but it always stays clean & sparkling. Never had a problem with it getting into the electric. That's in over 15 years and 3 different Toyota cars.

With the rain we get here at times, most cars have got the electric water problem sorted.  

On 11/11/2020 at 3:31 PM, BestB said:

Mind you no sorry or will do anything free or give discount. So refused their offer and few hours later, they refunding all the money and begging i close the case.

Good Man for standing your ground and refusing to be Shafted - Kudos

All over the globe this is the mindset - until they are caught dead to rights and have no more room to back away. Until their outright lies have been exposed.

Then they BEG you - 555

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

My one is done every time it goes in for a Valet (Around every 2 weeks) They spray it with foam and then pressure wash it off. High/low power I haven't a clue but it always stays clean & sparkling. Never had a problem with it getting into the electric. That's in over 15 years and 3 different Toyota cars.

With the rain we get here at times, most cars have got the electric water problem sorted.  

Never heard of rain being delivered at 110psi...