Western food in Thailand

Where can i find a huge amount of western restaurants all together in Thailand? Yes i know Pattaya but are there more places where we can indulge in western food? The best would be with western chefs and managers but that's too much asked i bet.

I just saw this movie about chinese food in the USA, it's awesome for the Asians living there...sooo much choice in Chinese restaurants there and they're even better than in China.

Just now, Youlike said:

Where exactly in Bangkok? Is there a western-town somewhere in Bangkok?

The main road through the centre is called Sukhumvit. All along that road and the roads (sois) off it there are plenty of western food places.

Have you been to Thailand before or are you planning a trip? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The main road through the centre is called Sukhumvit. All along that road and the roads (sois) off it there are plenty of western food places.

Have you been to Thailand before or are you planning a trip? 

I live in Bangkok for a long time but have never found loads of western restaurants. I don't mean Mac donalds and the lot but real western restaurants like in this video, those are all chinese restaurants in the USA though with only asian customers/staff/chefs.

And i don't mean 1 or 2 western restaurants but a whole part of the city, something like chinatown. (i know that part of Bangkok very well).

Yikes! The taboo question about eating Western food in Thailand. You can expect a visit soon from a member of the Gone Native Club. They'll make some snarky remark like, "Why would anyone come all the way to Thailand just to eat Western food." As if that's your one and only reason for coming here. Just play along, it makes them feel superior and they need that to feel secure about themselves.

Personally I eat a wide variety of food here including Western, but many of those restaurants are closed at this time, or only for take away. I don't know where you'd find a bunch of them all together.

Edited by ColeBOzbourne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Youlike said:

I live in Bangkok for a long time but have never found loads of western restaurants. I don't mean Mac donalds and the lot but real western restaurants like in this video, those are all chinese restaurants in the USA though with only asian customers/staff/chefs.

And i don't mean 1 or 2 western restaurants but a whole part of the city, something like chinatown. (i know that part of Bangkok very well).

Personally I think the finances mean you won't find many Western managers / waiters etc, unless you go to upscale restaurants....

IMO there is no one 'area' for these, they are dotted around a few areas but most of those are found on the BTS, 

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Went to Hong Kong a few years ago with my Thai GF, we found the food there quite bland.

There always seems to be pizza and hamburgers in the Thai cities here.

Yes i know those kind of places in BKK, but what i 'm looking for is real western food, not the fast food chains. And they have to be served/cooked by westerners if possible. Western food is so much more than burgers and fries/pizza's. 

I'm just looking for something else than Thai/Japanese/Korean food....something like Mexican/Indian/Indonesian/Spanish or whatever kitchen...Bangkok has Chinatown but no other area's like that as far as i know. 

We also were in Hongkong and yes the food wasn't impressing us either. But they had good bakeries there though, Yamazaki which was much better than in Thailand. We wanted to eat a good duck but ended up with a goose hahaha.

3 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Yikes! The taboo question about eating Western food in Thailand. You can expect a visit soon from a member of the Gone Native Club. They'll make some snarky remark like, "Why would anyone come all the way to Thailand just to eat Western food." As if that's your one and only reason for coming here. Just play along, it makes them feel superior and they need that to feel secure about themselves.

Personally I eat a wide variety of food here including Western, but many of those restaurants are closed at this time, or only for take away. I don't know where you'd find a bunch of them all together.

I know they are closed now but not forever i hope. And we ate so much Thai/Japanese that we're tired of it....even good chinese food would be welcome but that's also hard to find....even in chinatown bangkok. I mean not only the food but also a real nice ambiance in the restaurant, with good waiters who are trained, nice decoration, good tables, nice music and so on....just watch that video, that's what i miss.....real restaurants and those are not in the malls.

31 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Where exactly in Bangkok? Is there a western-town somewhere in Bangkok?

Plenty of Steak houses, throughout Bangkok....Italian joints, Diner just of Sukhumvit Called Route 66 authentic 50's food, just check your map program on your phone...

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, Youlike said:

No the actual diner is next door to the club, I used to eat there once a week until the closures...It is actually called the V8 Diner.

Edited by ThailandRyan

When in BKK I always stay Sukhumvit Soi 11. No shortage of western eateries. Italian, Indian, Steak. Always good western food at Hemingways. Most of the local hotels have a good range of western dishes on the menu.

Is this a serious question? There are tons of western food options in Bangkok if you're willing to pay for it (almost always overpriced when compared with Thai food). I am most familiar with the Nana/Asoke area so here's a few of my favorites:

Italian: Pomodoro on soi 11, Pala Pizza in asoke station, Rossano's on soi 21

Mexican: Sunrise tacos, and of course taco bell

Indian: there's dozens near soi 11, my favorite is Amirtsr

European: German Beer House, Sportsman bar, etc

Others: Margarita Storm, V8 diner, Daniel Thaiger, Oskar Bistro, Mulli's...

Most bars and larger hotels in the area will have western food available. It really only depends on your budget.

Samui...load of European chefs in restaurants.... Phuket...it always baffles me why people will pay 2 or 3 times as much for a second rate "Western" meal as they would in foreign land, when there is so much wonderful Thai food at a fraction of the cost....Only western food I eat, I cook at home...not gonna pay 40 quid for a steak meal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 8:58 AM, baansgr said:

Samui...load of European chefs in restaurants.... Phuket...it always baffles me why people will pay 2 or 3 times as much for a second rate "Western" meal as they would in foreign land, when there is so much wonderful Thai food at a fraction of the cost....Only western food I eat, I cook at home...not gonna pay 40 quid for a steak meal

Got bored with Thai food 20 years ago.