Good , Affordable Health Insurance _ please recommend

Innitsee

Dear Thai Visa members.

Regarding the required Health Insurance for extension of stay based on Retirement :-

Can someone please recommend a company that provides the minimum requirements outlined by the Immigration Dept

( I believe it is 40k Baht outpatient per year and 400,000k Baht inpatient per year ) without being overly expensive.

My understanding is that the Immigration Dept have listed specific insurance companies that will be accepted for the retirement application.

If so, where can I obtain this list.

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Mutt Daeng

Thank you you for your response and for the link to the list of accepted companies.

My original visa was a Non immigrant B visa obtained at the Thai consulate in the UK prior to obtaining the work permit

when I arrived in Thailand over 8 years ago.

I have just been made redundant and the Non B and work permit have been cancelled.

Does this mean I do not need the health insurance to switch to the extension based on retirement ?

Obtaining health insurance would probably be a wise move anyway but if not compulsory then I figure I have some time to sort that out separately.

Please advise

Thanks again

9 hours ago, Innitsee said:

Hi Mutt Daeng

Thank you you for your response and for the link to the list of accepted companies.

My original visa was a Non immigrant B visa obtained at the Thai consulate in the UK prior to obtaining the work permit

when I arrived in Thailand over 8 years ago.

I have just been made redundant and the Non B and work permit have been cancelled.

Does this mean I do not need the health insurance to switch to the extension based on retirement ?

Obtaining health insurance would probably be a wise move anyway but if not compulsory then I figure I have some time to sort that out separately.

Please advise

Thanks again

See @DrJack54's correct answer above.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:40 PM, DrJack54 said:

You do not require health insurance for extensions based on retirement.

Only folk that entered Thailand on a non O-A visa and doing subsequent extensions are required to have health insurance.

Hi Dr Jack

OK I understand.

Thank you for your input .... much appreciated.