Air travellers to five provinces face quarantine on arrival

rooster59

By THE NATION

800_29f0f63b3f1c5ae.jpg

Travellers landing at Phitsanulok, Buri Ram, Krabi, Trang, and Nakhon Phanom airports will be quarantined, the Department of Airports director-general, Tawee Gasisam-ang, said.

On Friday (May 1), four airlines -- Nok Air, Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air and VietJet Air -- resumed flights to 14 provincial airports across Thailand – Lampang, Mae Sot, Phitsanulok, Buri Ram, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Roi Et, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Krabi.

Tawee said that those who take a flight to Phitsanulok must be quarantined for 14 days at home with their families if they are local people, or in hotels that are part of the "Save Phisanulok" programme for 14 days.

However, those who arrive at Phitsanulok airport for taking another flight need not to be quarantined.

Those who take a flight to Buriram must be quarantined as well, he added.

Krabi airport, meanwhile, informed that visitors must have a medical certificate from their point of embarkation that they are free from Covid-19.

Those who do not have certificate will be sent to a local quarantine centre, the director-general said.

Trang, meanwhile, is ready to receive locals. But those on a work visit must have documents related to their work and a medical certificate from their place of origin. In addition, they will be in quarantine in Trang for 14 days.

Nakhon Phanom will allow only passengers to enter the passenger terminal, not their relatives and friends. The province also has barred migrant workers from entering without the governor’s permission.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387165

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-03

15 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Am I missing something here or are there only four. Phitsonulok, Buriram, Krabi and Trang. Nakhon Phanom does not mention quarantine.

Edited by dinsdale

42 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Am I missing something here or are there only four. Phitsonulok, Buriram, Krabi and Trang. Nakhon Phanom does not mention quarantine.

If nothing has changed, entering the province is prohibited.
My eldest daughter is a doctor at That Phanom hospital and we cannot go to visit her while we live in the province of Sakon Nakhon .

The two provinces have a long common border

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

If nothing has changed, entering the province is prohibited.
My eldest daughter is a doctor at That Phanom hospital and we cannot go to visit her while we live in the province of Sakon Nakhon .

The two provinces have a long common border

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Nakhon Phanom will allow only passengers to enter the passenger terminal, not their relatives and friends. The province also has barred migrant workers from entering without the governor’s permission.

This means you can fly to Nakhon Phanom. Family and friends must wait outside the terminal. Social distancing outside the terminal?

49 minutes ago, smedly said:

so this is internal travel

sounds like they don't trust data from the provinces that claim zero infections

what about bus train and private vehicles

Exactly, they have no way at all to control who comes and goes ( apart from at the airport i guess ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HaoleBoy said:

What about all the traffic that left BKK Fri morning for the long weekend and due back Sun?

It doesn't matter if you travel by car?

You are 125% more likely to be infected on an empty plane, than at a PTT station with 3000 other people stopping for a pee and gas... Fact ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Can't see anyone bothering to fly while these restrictions are in place... 

Unless it's a super emergency !!

But even then they can not take care of any emergency business, or attend a funeral or such for 14 days. So much for an emergency need to go.....what a joke

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But even then they can not take care of any emergency business, or attend a funeral or such for 14 days. So much for an emergency need to go.....what a joke

Just drive and have a pick up truck party enroute.. Easy

• Thanks 1

"When will tourism return to normal?" 
Given these restrictions on domestic travel my guess is that even domestic tourism is going to be ground into the dust as a long as local governments impose quarantines.  Likewise, who is going to want to fly to provinces which force you into quarantine?  I wouldn't doubt if airline simply stop flights into those provinces.  Who is going to want to travel to those locations by air domestically?

Edited by connda

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just drive and have a pick up truck party enroute.. Easy

Off topic but better ask here than start thread. So I left bkk ~ 8 weeks back. Staying in another provience. 

So what happens if I get taxi to bkk (where I live) obviously within curfew rules?

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Off topic but better ask here than start thread. So I left bkk ~ 8 weeks back. Staying in another provience. 

So what happens if I get taxi to bkk (where I live) obviously within curfew rules?

Probably nothing... Less traffic through BKK maybe !!

2 minutes ago, lee b said:

They should just stay where they are for the time being. Whats the point to travel?

Clearly your not Thai or even look outside your box.

Assume you have access to dosh. 

There are 40k people trying to get off Phuket alone and get home. Most likely many have no job, no money. 

They probably getting back home to have roof over head. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chassa said:
5 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Air on many planes is strongly filtered too...

For Covid-19?

Not specifically, but first answer on Google :

https://www.tripsavvy.com/air-quality-during-your-flight-54164

Most aircraft have robust filter systems. Except for some smaller or much older aircraft, airplanes are equipped with True High-Efficiency Particle Filters (True HEPA) or High-Efficiency Particle Filters (HEPA). These filtration systems then filter and recirculate the air from the cabin and mix it with fresh air.