Cherng Talay high-risk area lockdown leaves west coast road closed

rooster59

Cherng Talay high-risk area lockdown leaves west coast road closed

By The Phuket News

1588422180_1-org.jpg

The checkpoints in Cherng Talay will remain until health officials order otherwise. Photo: Cherng Talay OrBorTor

PHUKET: The road joining Kamala with Cherng Talay on Phuket’s west coast will remain closed, villages on the border of the two popular subdistricts are under lockdown for fear of allowing the COVID-19 virus to spread.

Sgt Sutthirak Chuthong of the Cherng Talay Police explained this afternoon (May 2) that the villages included Baan Bang Tao Nai, Baan Haad Surin and Baan Bang Tao Nok.

The three villages are within the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) area of responsibility – and all three have been ordered by provincial health officials to remain under lockdown to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on the island.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/cherng-talay-high-risk-area-lockdown-leaves-west-coast-road-closed-75935.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-03

4 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

I see in other news the locals are restless and protesting that they are still under lockdown. 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/bang-tao-protest-wins-local-officers-at-lockdown-checkpoint-75939.php

Was it this bit?  I can only imagine the "locals" they want to bring in vs the cops that are there now.

>>During talks local residents said they were “requesting” that “local” officers be stationed at the checkpoint “because they had an understanding of the context of the area”.

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/bang-tao-protest-wins-local-officers-at-lockdown-checkpoint-75939.php

Was it this bit?  I can only imagine the "locals" they want to bring in vs the cops that are there now.

>>During talks local residents said they were “requesting” that “local” officers be stationed at the checkpoint “because they had an understanding of the context of the area”.

because a local "cop" will understand and allow his,"friend"to pass thru...

I live at Surin Beach and have a cafe here and coffee roasting business. My business has been devastated. The area is now more locked down than ever. Before i could get groceries from Villa Market delivered. Now they arent allowed in and I was denied access to the Tesco checkpoint at Bangtao to even pick up what I had paid for. This is because there is another checkpoint in between Surin and Bangtao. I was lucky I had a soldier friend who picked it up for me. If not i would be down to 7/11 dining three times a day. My staff cant come to work. I cant get a haircut. I cant go to send coffee beans to my few remaining customers and make a little of bit of money. I live opposite the beach and cant even walk on the beach let alone swim. Its a nightmare.

Despite all of this unless someone knows something i don't you cant blame the residents of Bangtao. The mosques are closed. Without any evidence people are claiming its a Muslim thing. What are they doing different to everyone else? Its a small number of infections and almost all asymptomatoc. Of course they fond more here because its the only place they are testing. 

Its time for the authorities to realize the outbreak here isn't serious. 2 dead in two months. How many die every day on the roads?  Cutting the infection rate to zero is just unrealistic. The hospitals aren't overloaded and the overwhelming majority testing positive have little or no symptoms. The lockdown toll will be far worse that the corona virus toll if it isnt already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

I live at Surin Beach and have a cafe here and coffee roasting business. My business has been devastated. The area is now more locked down than ever. Before i could get groceries from Villa Market delivered. Now they arent allowed in and I was denied access to the Tesco checkpoint at Bangtao to even pick up what I had paid for. This is because there is another checkpoint in between Surin and Bangtao. I was lucky I had a soldier friend who picked it up for me. If not i would be down to 7/11 dining three times a day. My staff cant come to work. I cant get a haircut. I cant go to send coffee beans to my few remaining customers and make a little of bit of money. I live opposite the beach and cant even walk on the beach let alone swim. Its a nightmare.

Despite all of this unless someone knows something i don't you cant blame the residents of Bangtao. The mosques are closed. Without any evidence people are claiming its a Muslim thing. What are they doing different to everyone else? Its a small number of infections and almost all asymptomatoc. Of course they fond more here because its the only place they are testing. 

Its time for the authorities to realize the outbreak here isn't serious. 2 dead in two months. How many die every day on the roads?  Cutting the infection rate to zero is just unrealistic. The hospitals aren't overloaded and the overwhelming majority testing positive have little or no symptoms. The lockdown toll will be far worse that the corona virus toll if it isnt already.

Regarding your first paragraph: yes, that's called a lockdown, was the same in all other areas of the island.

Second paragraph, I don't think that is correct. They have done the same 'testing' all over the island, but in Bangtao more infections were found and there seem to be popping up more all the dowen. Yes, atm I think they're only testing there, which makes sense since there it seems that almost exclusively in Bangtao and in relation to Bangla infections have been found, with in Bangla more and more new ones. And with more new ones more and more 'testing' will be done.

More second paragraph, agree, I think it is not so much related to religion as to a blatant disregard for the announced rules. Bangtao residents have called this on themselves.

• Like 1

I would like to post what I found out at my hospital today, but alas, I would be banned on the tv site, be told told I am spreading false scare mongering on the general populace and then told to get out of my MOO baan.

Read what you want into that, but suffice to say, hold onto your goolies, this is just starting to get nasty, round two, three and four is only just beginning.