White House blocks Fauci from testifying to Congress on coronavirus response

rooster59

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Fauci is at saint status now. He has stuck around because he puts his country first. He takes the abuse  from trump because he cares for the public health of the world.

That is true, but let's face it there should be another generation of scientists leading this now. These people have stayed around way too long. The same goes for almost every other division of government. Pass the torch!

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

As diabolical as the CCP blocking Dr Li Wenliang from speaking the truth. 

Di Li was an ophthalmologist, with no expertise in infectious disease. In my opinion it was highly improper for him to be discussing it on social media until he had explored official official routes with infectious disease expertise.

• Like 2

Dr. Tony Fauci is a shining example of conflict of interest, "mysterious" links with pharmaceutical companies, with social control programs, work relations and personal relationships with very dubious countries, people and organization. 

• Sad 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Counterproductive to trumps re-election chances or avoiding the truth coming out?

I don't thinks that the real question. The fundamental question is are Congress looking to learn valuable lessons from this to improve future responses; or are they hoping to find things they can highlight, twist, assign false meaning to, make invalid claims about, draw unsupported conclusions from etc etc just to attack Trump?

Based on recent behavior, the answer seems fairly obvious. Should positions be reversed, with a Democrat POTUS and Republican House, I wonder if the Republicans will then act the same as their rivals now do?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1