Flying into CM on May 2

islandguy

On 5/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, islandguy said:

During the flight to CM (but not the one to DMK) a form was passed out to fill in with your information for 2 week isolation period, along with a handout of instructions.

Could you please post a pic of the instructions? I have a friend considering returning from Hua Hin and this would be of interest to him.

Must you stay in 24 hours a day for the quarantine, or are you allowed out for exercise and to shop for necessities?

4 hours ago, CMoldie said:

Could you please post a pic of the instructions? I have a friend considering returning from Hua Hin and this would be of interest to him.

Must you stay in 24 hours a day for the quarantine, or are you allowed out for exercise and to shop for necessities?

Instructions were in Thai, below is what my partner could remember two days later. No going to market or cafes, have to have things brought to where you are.

Report to puu yai baan or tessaban for screening and to fill out form

Use mask

avoid elderly and vulnerable

Use separate rooms

self isolation

clean well

hand washing

12 hours ago, me4175 said:

Very interesting. Are they verifying in any way if you're really staying home? Any phone calls or other checks since you arrived?

We got to destination at 4pm Saturday. Today went to Tessaban and realized it was a holiday. Went to Puu Yai Baan and gave info (he didn’t have the form there). We asked if we could go to our garden (where we are building a house, which he knew) and he said yes, but no stopping anywhere else, just directly there and back.

So no chance yet to be checked on. Reports from other provinces seem to indicate public health officials are checking people.

• Like 1

Drove back from Bangkok today. Starting 14 day quarantine today, but the only stop on the way was Tak where they weren't interested because Two wasn't my final destination.

If my neighbour didn't hate me so much, I could probably avoid the quarantine. Wife off to the Poo Yai Baan in the morning to report my return.

Thanks for sharing.

Your report that you can quarantine at home is super helpful.

Do you know if your wife showed the arriving officers the original or a copy of the Tabien Baan book (household register) for her house, to prove that she's linked to the address she indicated for the quarantine period? 

Thanks again.

@islandguy

Sorry but what is Poo yai ban and tessaban? Do you have to report everyday for 14 days?

If we can't go to markets or restaurants, how can we find food to eat?

Was your air ticket more expensive than in the past because it is now half-filled?

Edited by EricTh

We had documents ready but all they asked was where were we going. We had some food, brought some food, are having friends shop for us, and good for anybody, even in a not so big town have already had prepared food delivered several times.

No checking or reporting so far, at all. If we were totally disregarding isolation I’m sure it would be noticed. Puu Yai Baan (local village head would be one way to describe this position) drives by our driveway everyday.

Tessaban might be explained as municipal office of subdistrict (tambon).

PS - Phuket is the place people seem to be fearful about. Not a good idea to casually mention that you just came from there.

We booked last minute with lots of luggage and rebookable flights. Wasn’t a bargain but not extortionate. If you have to pay for extra luggage at the airport, that will be extortionate.