Beer buying experiences, today...

moontang

I was at Tesco Extra (Phitsanulok) this morning and the booze rows still had the red & white tape up with notices that items were not available until further notice due to provincial policies (or words to that effect).

Granted, this was before 11:00, but not much, and there didn't seem to be any rush taking the tape down. Doesn't affect me (just had my 21st anniversary of being "off it" on Friday) but I hope they sort things out for those that either need it and those who just want to enjoy it.

Seems provincial policy is in force, would be interested to hear if anyone managed to get any in Phits today. 

tesco kumphawhapi open at  11,  thais with trains of trolley mainly leo

I got my 2 packs of tiger (dated 20 Jan 2020 and a bottle of scotch whisky but typical tesco way out of date lable said 12 years old !!

shop to stop selling  alcohol at 13:10 today ???

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Tosh. So much work. I just closed my eyes and conjured up an image of an ice cold bottle of San Miguel Pale Pilsen. When I opened my eyes, there it was on the table beside me, already opened.

(and a fleeting glimpse of Mrs NL as she quietly closed the door behind her)

Darn, Now that's what I call beer by osmosis....just can not get any better than that can it now...I am deeply humbled by your extreme talent NL

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I drink alcohol ????  But I don't have to rush down to the beer shop as soon as the alcohol ban is lifted....

And I did not either, just a few keystrokes, and it was delivered to my home........

• Haha 1

My wife start period today! And just want show her i go 12 to Makro and buy 10 case Chang!

Most terrible day of month ! 2 days from start! Can't even get BJ affreid she bite!

Edited by 2 is 1

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Don't even drink since almost 10 years, but was so triggered by the alcohol ban I bought a few today when sales resumed. Don't suppose I'm the only plonky in Thailand that managed to abstain by relying on the fact that I could readily and easily buy it if needed. I used the same technique quitting smoking, always a pack at hand in case, and no dramas it was easy. I'm sure if they ban ciggies I will start smoking them too when available. 

Prohibition sucks.

excellent post, i hope all is well sir

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Don't even drink since almost 10 years, but was so triggered by the alcohol ban I bought a few today when sales resumed. Don't suppose I'm the only plonky in Thailand that managed to abstain by relying on the fact that I could readily and easily buy it if needed. I used the same technique quitting smoking, always a pack at hand in case, and no dramas it was easy. I'm sure if they ban ciggies I will start smoking them too when available. 

Prohibition sucks.

I am not allowed to drink due to certain medications I take. It is funny but due to prohibition, I did want to drink a beer. It was the fact my freedom was taken away from me that made me think like this and wanted to just throw it back in their face and tell them to if off.

Anyway, today I ordered a couple of Heineken 0% and will celebrate everyone right to freedom again when they arrive. 

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Darn, Now that's what I call beer by osmosis....just can not get any better than that can it now...I am deeply humbled by your extreme talent NL

Talent? Moi?

Mrs NL's the talented one. I just got lucky (I think).

Just now, moontang said:

I bought two cases before the ban

Two cases of what? 

You named this thread "Beer buying experiences ..." but then mostly wrote about four different brands of sugar-free fizzy cough syrup ????????????

(ok, in the last sentence you mentioned SangSom, but that's not beer, either.) 

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

First 2 non big box stores I hit this morning were all out of beer, wonder why hmmm?? But third one had some, bought 1 box big bottle and 1 box cans.

Hope you have better luck shopping for tonight's supply.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Why so much celebration of alcoholism on this forum?

Having a drink is not alcoholism. Drinking to excess may be.

Incidentally, the medical literature indicates that moderate drinkers (2-3 glasses of wine for men, 1-2 for women) live longer than those who drink much more as well as those who don't drink at all. It isn't only the anti-oxidant properties of resveratol in red wine, but there is evidence it helps lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol. Of course I drink my wine and beer because I enjoy it, not because it is healthy. That I haven't had a cold or any illness since before Y2K, have BP of 105/60, & have 10% body fat might be good genes or it might be my wine-beer drinking plus good diet and exercise. I'm not going to fix what ain't broke.

Suit yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Having a drink is not alcoholism. Drinking to excess may be.

Incidentally, the medical literature indicates that moderate drinkers (2-3 glasses of wine for men, 1-2 for women) live longer than those who drink much more as well as those who don't drink at all. It isn't only the anti-oxidant properties of resveratol in red wine, but there is evidence it helps lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol. Of course I drink my wine and beer because I enjoy it, not because it is healthy. That I haven't had a cold or any illness since before Y2K, have BP of 105/60, & have 10% body fat might be good genes or it might be my wine-beer drinking plus good diet and exercise. I'm not going to fix what ain't broke.

Suit yourself.

I'll drink to that....:burp:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Amazed at all the reports about some people desperate to travel, find and buy alchohol.

Got to be a wind up I agree. Nobody acts like that