Beer buying experiences, today...

moontang

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

Why so much celebration of alcoholism on this forum?

There is a difference, a BIG difference, between people who enjoy a drink and "celebration of alcoholism" as you opined. I think the "celebration" you allude to is the concept of allowing the freedom to make a choice which had been revoked by the government. It has been returned to those who have the ability and comprehension to appreciate freedom to make their own choices rather than have "big brother" tell you what's best for you.

I hope this answers your question, and have a great day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Strolled in to 7 and was greeted by a new recruit to the beer section.

Beer Lao IPA. Nice change!

The Beer Lao IPA is quite good, IMO. Too bad about the price due to import taxation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Just watched the evening news with the Mrs..some horrible behaviour on show!

My daughter and son in law were at our local Tesco earlier today for grocery shopping and were nearly trampled by idiots trying to get into the grog section. Most, it seemed were overloading trolleys to stock pile with the hope of re selling, if and when another ban is put in place. Let the madness end!!!!!!

Ever been to Macro when fresh meat is placed out in the coolers? 

That's what I call trampling. 

14 hours ago, Susco said:

Oh my god, glad you notice it, as you could have died from drinking 4 month old beer.

This is just another example of the superiority complex foreigners in Thailand suffer from, as they think they know everything.

Beer stays good for over a year, probably 2 years.

I also am aware that in a hot climate beer degrades a bit faster, but have you noticed that those shops have air conditioning, so the beer hasn't been in the heat for 4 months?

Ever noticed in your home country you will have a hard time to find beer that is less than 6 months old in the supermarket?

Been buying by the freshness date for six decades in the States, and four decades here.  You sound like another bitter bar renter, can't figure out why there are no customers.  Four months could be ok, but it has been hot and sunny as Hell for the last two months+..  Last time home was drinking Sierra Nevada that were less than one month old..for 12.99 per 12 pack.  

https://virginiaimports.net/beercategory/imported-beer/

"Delivering freshness, since 1978.". "Largest temp controlled warehouse in Virginia."

New Business brewery up in Charm City..https://www.guinnessbrewerybaltimore.com/

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, JOE BAMA said:

Are you guys thinking the govt is going to ban alcohol again?  I bought enough at 7Eleven to last a couple of days, but saw no need to buy cases.  Am I missing something??

They flip-flopped before, why wouldn't they do it again.  A sudden jump in (covid) cases, even if they are migrant workers or returnees from Ramadan, and all bets are off.  Or even a province vs. Bangkok power grab/struggle.  The ban is still on in some.  It is indefinite in Lampang, and there is a big military presence up there..not scaremongering, but we don't even know if production has resumed at the breweries..could have just been a dirty deal to help them get rid of stock before a long term closure.

Edited by moontang

I guess if you live out in Nonthaburi (yawn), going to the store to buy beer must be the highlight of your week. I suppose that's why it merits a long and breathless post about it. Either that or you could, without realizing it, be an alcoholic.

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

I guess if you live out in Nonthaburi (yawn), going to the store to buy beer must be the highlight of your week. I suppose that's why it merits a long and breathless post about it. Either that or you could, without realizing it, be an alcoholic.

Probably not as exciting as you and "your partner," engaging in orphanage tourism and elephant washing in Chiang Mai.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, baansgr said:

I noticed this morning on Tinder and Skout this morning from 10.30am there was an exceptionally high number of MILFs looking for NSA fun and short time...enjoy those drinks????

There was an ad on the BKK Craigslist looking for private English teachers to provide in-home "very special lessons". But you must be "tall, handsome, and Caucasian". I don't fit most of those. Plus the wife wouldn't be too happy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 10:08 PM, Sametboy2019 said:

Strolled in to 7 and was greeted by a new recruit to the beer section.

Beer Lao IPA. Nice change!

I tried it and I was disappointed. It's not a real IPA. I could hardly taste the hoppy flavor. I will pass it as it is a fake IPA.